I couldn't find a suggestion on this topic, but feel free to delete this post if it is a duplicate (and tell me original one so that I can vote).

It would be nice to add an extra tag for filtering between web dramas/films often found on Youtube or Vimeo, and longer dramas/films commonly on TV or other on-demand streaming sites on "My Watchlist".

Often times, these are fundamenatlly different, e.g. length (time-wise and episode-wise), storyline (TV dramas are often more conservative), production quality, cast, etc. As of now, I cannot differentiate them easily in my Watchlist.

7votes
xxmai Volunteer Staff
 Gargantuar:

I couldn't find a suggestion on this topic, but feel free to delete this post if it is a duplicate (and tell me original one so that I can vote).

It would be nice to add an extra tag for filtering between web dramas/films often found on Youtube or Vimeo, and longer dramas/films commonly on TV or other on-demand streaming sites on "My Watchlist".

Often times, these are fundamenatlly different, e.g. length (time-wise and episode-wise), storyline (TV dramas are often more conservative), production quality, cast, etc. As of now, I cannot differentiate them easily in my Watchlist.

For that it would require a complete revamp of the database and site, since a new content type (Current ones are just Movie, Drama, TV Show, Drama Special) would need to be added and then thousands of titles would need to be properly switched to the correct content type so they can be categorized. Only after that would it be possible to update the "My Watchlist" page and filters, adding a new content type by which the lists can be filtered.

Just in case, you might not know, but there are already tags that can help you search and differentiate between web dramas/films and TV dramas/films, as well as the length of episodes and runtime.

Miniseries = Titles with 10 or less episodes

Short Length Series = Titles that have an average runtime of less than 20 minutes per episode.

Web Series = Drama titles that were released online.

Web Movie = Movie titles that were released online.

That all said, I am the first person who would vote for that revamp of the site so the new content types can be added. I personally want this more than anything else. :D