I've been a member of MDL for a long time (almost 12 years with this account, plus there was another one to which I lost access). I've noticed that the profile page has remained largely unchanged. The Display Picture shifted from right to left IIRC, with minor adjustments, but that's about it.

The chart design has stayed the same, with no significant enhancements or new features. There are superior JavaScript chart libraries available that could enhance the user experience. Specifically, the Radar chart's design has always been unappealing to me. While retaining it is fine, consider redesigning the bar chart to a horizontal layout and putting it on top, as the current vertical bars are not aesthetically pleasing. Adding Mean Score values for both dramas and movies would be beneficial. Also, creating distinct sections for movies and dramas, as well as refining the time and episode sections, would be a significant improvement. In the List updates section, displaying the score value, if assigned, would be useful. The current card design could be replaced with a more streamlined look, using uniform background colors and distinct borders for separation. 

Additionally, introducing a feature that allows users to customize their profiles using custom HTML/CSS or through pre-designed templates would be beneficial. This enhancement could encourage users to spend more time on MDL, as personalizing profiles cater to the natural human desire to show off. This, in turn, could lead to increased interaction among users.

I believe there's a lot of room for improvement in the design, though I'm unsure if the development team is focusing on this aspect at all. Now, at the start of 2024, I hope this feedback serves as a catalyst for revamping the profile design. MDL has the potential to evolve and shine, much like how MAL has improved over the past few years and inspiration can be taken from trakt.tv and other similar tracking websites.

4votes