I really like the way goodreads solves this: If you go on a user's profile page, you can click "compare books" and it gives you a nice graphic showing how many of your books you have in common, below follows a list of the ratings comparison of these books. Then it shows you 20 books of the other user you don't have in your list and asks if you want to add them. I would really like something like this on MDL, too!

The site I used previously let you follow a select number (I think it was 10-20) of your friends and you would be notified when they started watching, dropped or completed a title. You could also see their reviews etc and it was my single most used feature of the site.

When I joined mdl, first thing I did after I tried to duplicate my list here, was to find some people I thought would have similar tastes in dramas as I had. And sadly realized I had no way to see if they recently started, completed or dropped a drama. 

I'd like to see all that and what my friends rated dramas, their reviews before others, etc.

kirtil:

The site I used previously let you follow a select number (I think it was 10-20) of your friends and you would be notified when they started watching, dropped or completed a title. You could also see their reviews etc and it was my single most used feature of the site.

When I joined mdl, first thing I did after I tried to duplicate my list here, was to find some people I thought would have similar tastes in dramas as I had. And sadly realized I had no way to see if they recently started, completed or dropped a drama. 

I'd like to see all that and what my friends rated dramas, their reviews before others, etc.

We don't have that feature yet, but the best place for that information would be in the friends feeds. https://mydramalist.com/feeds/friends

Ji-N:

We don't have that feature yet, but the best place for that information would be in the friends feeds. https://mydramalist.com/feeds/friends

Yes I know, that was the reason I voted, commented and bumped the suggestion.

And thanks for the link. I knew the profile - feeds singular pages but did not know that one. While it doesn't 100% conform what I seek, it is still much better than nothing. Cheers.

iirc someone made an extension for such a function which worked until one of the first major mdl revamps happened - and yes so much to this!

Ceki:
This would be great. I don't know about MAL but it is very useful on Goodreads for example. Below the drama/film's info is a section about FRIEND REVIEWS, where you can see friends' ratings and reviews (if they have them). 

So... is this idea still a thing? 

This idea is pretty cool. I'd be down for this!