hi, would like to ask if we get contribution points for adding a guest into the show. I’ve added yang di in this https://mydramalist.com/707719-see-you-again and it was approved. my no. of coins increased but not my contribution points. hence, i’m slightly confused. would appreciate if someone could help me with this, thank you :) 

Points or coins can take up to 24 hours to distribute.

noted, thank you so much! 

Ji-N:

Points or coins can take up to 24 hours to distribute.

I don't know where to report this, and this is the opposite case: I've had 1 edit on the show https://mydramalist.com/686235-i-am-the-actor-showdown-of-the-top recently but it says 11 edits (??), contribution points got added to my account (no complaint but it's strange how it was counted) for a while I didn't know where points came from and checked it today, if possible it can be corrected, I'd rather have 1 edit on the page but mine

Hi, do you get any points for adding trailers?
Contributed for the first time through sending links for trailers a couple days ago and they've been uploaded already but wasn't quite sure if that task counts.
Thank you!

MadiHawkins:

I don't know where to report this, and this is the opposite case: I've had 1 edit on the show https://mydramalist.com/686235-i-am-the-actor-showdown-of-the-top recently but it says 11 edits (??), contribution points got added to my account (no complaint but it's strange how it was counted) for a while I didn't know where points came from and checked it today, if possible it can be corrected, I'd rather have 1 edit on the page but mine

It seems like you edited the character name 11 times. So it is correct

dramaddict97:

Hi, do you get any points for adding trailers?
Contributed for the first time through sending links for trailers a couple days ago and they've been uploaded already but wasn't quite sure if that task counts.
Thank you!

Not at this moment.

Ji-N:

It seems like you edited the character name 11 times. So it is correct

i only added (and only once) one person to the show page (who appears on the show in 2 episodes so I gave numbers of episodes at the same time, it was 1 edit)

It is showing 11 on our end and it could be the staff add additional info.

Yuanwei Volunteer Staff
 MadiHawkins:

i only added (and only once) one person to the show page (who appears on the show in 2 episodes so I gave numbers of episodes at the same time, it was 1 edit)

You got more points because the staff indeed added more info or rearranged the cast list while approving your submission.

You should not worry when you get more points. :D 

Hi, I would like to know if we get contribution points for translating a synopsis ? Thank you.

Yuanwei Volunteer Staff
 Saraswati:

Hi, I would like to know if we get contribution points for translating a synopsis ? Thank you.

Hello!

You get contribution points when translating a synopsis however do not forget to add source links or an explanation in the Additional Notes box as per the guidelines https://mydramalist.com/discussions/support/17285-guidelines-editing-and-submitting-new-dramas-movies-and-actors

Thank you!

Can someone please explain to me what the differents is between contribution points and coins?
And also what can you do with those?

Amber:

Can someone please explain to me what the differents is between contribution points and coins?
And also what can you do with those?

Contribution points are earned when you contribute to the site by adding or editing (an existing title or people page) information to the database. Contribution points have no functional use other than that it's an acknowledgment of your contribution to the site.

Coins are the virtual currency of this site. You are rewarded with coins if you make contributions to the site, you can also purchase coins by paying real money.
Using coins you can offer virtual flowers to your favorite actors/actresses etc. to showcase your love.
You can also use coins to gift other users with different kinds of awards as an appreciation for their feed posts/comments etc.
If you want some official info regarding coins then you can check it HERE.

If you have more queries regarding contributions/points/coins etc feel free to ask.

According to the FAQ page, we can also get points from "writing reviews, making recommendations, and participating in discussions". Is this still true? And if so, does that include reviews/reactions on individual episodes? Can we also receive contribution points for writing episode summaries?

Also, just looked at the contribution page and noticed that my total contribution points number is half the amount of title - But looking at all the other member contributions, the total  points number is at least 6 or 7 times the added amount of titles/eps/people. . . is this normal or does it just take time for the numbers to be accurate for new members/contributions?