Closed

Edit to Yoo Jin Woo's page rejected

This discussion has been closed.

hi, may i ask a question? i submitted an edit to Yoo Jin Woo's page recently bc of the recent article on MDL—as you can see, his current picture looks like it was taken in 2018 or so, while he was starring in SKY Castle. my edit, however, uploading this photo (see below) was rejected. i didn't see any reason attached to the rejection even though it's quite obvious that the updated profile pic i am trying to submit meets the guidelines—the agency, as far as i know from what i've seen in other articles, hasn't released any traditional headshots (except for this black-and-white photo) which is why this picture is the best that i could find. considering the fact that he's grown dramatically in the past two to three years, if anyone knows what's going on or why my edit was rejected (twice!) your input would be much appreciated <333

Have you explained all of this when submitting it? I understand your frustration, sometimes there are lesser known actors that are hard to find better pics of (like with Cha Seo Won, a ML in a daily drama I'm watching, it is hard to find any headshot pics of him) maybe that's the reason why. 

You should reply back and ask whoever rejected it. 

Sunset:

Have you explained all of this when submitting it? I understand your frustration, sometimes there are lesser known actors that are hard to find better pics of (like with Cha Seo Won, a ML in a daily drama I'm watching, it is hard to find any headshot pics of him) maybe that's the reason why. 

You should reply back and ask whoever rejected it. 

i did explain in the submission box, twice—i'll try asking the mod who rejected it and see what happens <333

Have you read the requirements of how pictures should look like in the Guidelines here: https://mydramalist.com/discussions/support/17285-guidelines-editing-and-submitting-new-dramas-movies-and-actors?pid=2006033&page=1#p2006033

"Criteria for good pictures (Example: Top 20 actors):
1) Pictures should focus on the face, not the body of the person or an item they are holding/wearing.
2) Pictures should be of high quality.
3) The picture should be a close-up to the face, but not so close that the face of the person is cut in the cast list pictures. Basically, the image should show the full head of the actor (all hair and face if possible) and include equal spaces on top and bottom of the page with the person's head in the middle.
4) The person's face should be straight toward the camera so their full face is shown.
5) No watermarks are present in the picture."

Basically, it should be a good quality passport-like photo showing only the face, hair and a bit of neck with enough blank space around the head so the face doesn't appear to get cut in the search box. Your picture posted above doesn't appear to fit the criteria. You may need to re-size or crop your pictures so that it meets the required 300x360 px crop ratio too. 

update: i resubmitted the edit with my explanation and a different photo (as suggested above) and it worked! ty all for your help <333

halla closed this Feb 25, 2022 03:50 pm
xxmai locked this Mar 3, 2022 08:26 pm