Open

Home feeds

What was the point in creating three feeds channels? Today there is not a single post on home feeds if you are not a member of Global Space! I still have difficulty understanding the three feeds and their utility? I do not get it! Please explain so a 5 yr old can comprehend! I read all the different posts on forum and still it seems to be too complicated! Thank you!

Selbee:

What was the point in creating three feeds channels? Today there is not a single post on home feeds if you are not a member of Global Space! I still have difficulty understanding the three feeds and their utility? I do not get it! Please explain so a 5 yr old can comprehend! I read all the different posts on forum and still it seems to be too complicated! Thank you!

Think Global Feeds as a private group or private group chat. We did this to manage spammer or up to no good accounts.

Ji-N:
We did this to manage spammer or up to no good accounts.

but the global feed can be joined by anyone by just clicking the join button there is no restriction program for the spammer or is it there. 

pls, explain us.

Ji-N:

Think Global Feeds as a private group or private group chat. We did this to manage spammer or up to no good accounts.

Thank you for your answer! As for Global Feeds being a private group: well it is! Even if you join, the original members (a core group of about 15 users who know well each other and, probably unwittingly, exclude others) of the feeds are not particularly welcoming acting mainly as a rules police, slapping you on fingers if you should post something they do not agree with! Therefore I wanted to access only the Home feeds: but there is not a single post there if you are not a member of the Global Feeds club! So, what is the point of having three feeds again? 

Selbee:

Thank you for your answer! As for Global Feeds being a private group: well it is! Even if you join, the original members (a core group of about 15 users who know well each other and, probably unwittingly, exclude others) of the feeds are not particularly welcoming acting mainly as a rules police, slapping you on fingers if you should post something they do not agree with! Therefore I wanted to access only the Home feeds: but there is not a single post there if you are not a member of the Global Feeds club! So, what is the point of having three feeds again? 

The Home feeds will only show all posts of users who are your Friends or those whom you are Following. If you have very few of both and you're logged out of Global Feeds, your Home feeds will naturally be rather quiet unless your Friends and the people whom you Follow are a very active bunch. 

BLOOM:

but the global feed can be joined by anyone by just clicking the join button there is no restriction program for the spammer or is it there. 

pls, explain us.

Yes, but we can kick, ban and restrict bad actors much more manageable. Previously, we could not do that as quickly/easily.

Selbee:

As @Watergarden  said. Even if we put the previous feeds back you will have the exact same issue without the ability to leave. So I'm not understanding the issue. The only changes we made are that you have to opt-in and create the post in the global section.