Hello, suckers! Have you wised up yet? I think you haven't. I promised you to find a Chinese drama about the Yuan Dynasty in China, and I found it. The Legend of Kublai Khan, also known as Legend of Yuan Empire Founder, is the only normal Chinese drama on this topic that I have found. All the other dramas about this period that exist are low-budget, third-rate dramas, mostly made in Hong Kong, and made a long time ago. The Legend of Kublai Khan was also released a long time ago, back in 2013.

The Chinese have not made dramas about this period for a long time. This proves that I have been right again. I should note that during Genghis Khan's reign, Uyghur was the official language of the Mongol Empire. Only the lazy do not know what the Chinese, namely the Hans, do to the Uyghurs in China nowadays. This, in my opinion, is another reason why they no longer make films or dramas in China about the Yuan Dynasty.

However, fortunately, such a worthy Chinese historical drama as The Legend of Kublai Khan was filmed and I had the opportunity to watch it. This drama is serious, it is very different from all those glamorous Chinese historical series that are now being filmed in China in large numbers and which are so loved by modern youth. Unfortunately, now the Chinese are not making such strong dramas with such good production as The Legend of Kublai Khan.

Although this series is old and is shot at the time when special effects have not been so advanced, you don't pay attention to it while watching. The plot of the series is well thought out, the script is well written. And though there are some gaffes and minor miscalculations in the drama, they are not very striking.

This series contains fifty episodes in the Chinese release, not fifty-five as stated on the drama's page on MyDramaList (there are many errors on that page), and forty-six in the Hong Kong release. Unfortunately, there are no English subtitles for this drama on YouTube, but there are Chinese ones. That's why I have watched this series in the same way as the drama Bright as the Moon, with the automatic translation of those Chinese subtitles. Of course, I was tired while watching it, but I understood everything more or less. And it was worth it. I would like them to add English subtitles to this good series so that more people can watch it.

In this drama, men look like men and women look like women, not like herrings. I especially liked the women. All of them are in body, even the Han women, not thin like skeletons, with beautiful figures and lush forms. Probably, back when this series has been filmed, the standards of beauty in China have not been as crazy as they are now.

I liked the Mongolian women in the series the most. It clearly shows how much more hypocritical the Han women are than the Mongol women. The Chinese women in this drama can be described in one word — fifas. Instead, Mongolian women are strong, free, open and brave, just like Ukrainian women.

I really liked the music in the drama in the style of Mongolian rhythms, as well as the production. You can truly feel the spirit of the Mongolian Empire in the series. The clothes, the dresses, the tents, the buildings and even the natural landscapes of the Mongolian steppes help the viewer to feel the atmosphere of Mongolian culture.

I will warn you right away that there are many scenes of violence in the drama. Literally, during the fight scenes, there are shots of hands and heads being cut off. Unfortunately, it's impossible without it, because this is a series about the Mongol conquest of China, as well as about the power struggle between the descendants of Genghis Khan. However, I liked how during the fight scenes, the colour shots were interspersed with black and white to smooth out the violence so that it wasn't so striking and too cruel.

This drama contains a lot of fighting scenes, which is evident even in the opening credits, where valiant Mongolian soldiers fight for the greatness of Mongolia and for their own ambitions. So this series will definitely appeal to men, but not only to them. For example, I am a woman, but I have liked this series. In addition to the battle scenes, it also has romance, though without kissing.

All the actors and actresses in the drama acted their roles well. However, I didn't like the fact that the main characters when they were young were acted by too old actors and actresses.  At least for a while they should have been shown as younger, with a few younger actors in the cast. I understand that this is a strain on the budget, but it would have made the series better.

It is immediately apparent that Hu Jun, who acts the male lead, namely Kublai Khan, is not a Han by nationality. There are no heroes like him among the Han people. He acted his role very well. This is not the first role I've seen him in. I noticed his good acting skills back in Love in Flames of War, where he performed the father of the main hero. I would also like to mention the acting work of Wu Yue, who portrayed in the drama the youngest brother of the protagonist, Ariq Böke. He showed a great performance. By the way, his voice reminds me of the voice of the Chinese actor Qu Gao Wei.

And now I will tell you what signs and clues God has left for me and for you in The Legend of Kublai Khan. There are many of them, not all of them I will describe to you, because some are meant for me personally. But try to think and understand those signs and clues of God that I will write to you about. So, let's go!

In the eleventh episode of this drama, Kublai mentions the Chinese province of Hebei. The same province is mentioned in the series Jun Jiu Ling. In the twenty-second episode, Ariq Böke mentions candied fruit. Candied fruit was also mentioned in the same Jun Jiu Ling. In The Legend of Kublai Khan, there is a male character named Su He. And in Tribes and Empires: Storm of Prophecy there is a male character Shuo Feng Su He.

In the drama, the mother of Kublai made the sign of the cross when she prayed, and in most cases she made it from right to left, as the Orthodox do. Apparently, she was from the lands conquered by the Mongols, where Orthodoxy was widespread. It was also mentioned in the series that she was of royalty, but it was obvious that she wasn't Mongolian by ethnicity. This proves that she has been a princess of other lands, later conquered by Mongolian troops.

In the drama, the Great Khan's jade seal is made in the form of a lion. And in the twenty-ninth episode of the drama, Kublai's older brother called him a real lion. While watching The Legend of Kublai Khan, I have started to look through my photo albums and I am still doing it. So, would you know how many lions I have seen in my photos that I took a long time ago during my holiday trips abroad.

However, I tore up some of those photos because there were too many lions. I even got scared... :):):). Yes, sometimes such a close presence of God to me scares me. But I am gradually getting used to it. It's good that He is with me. It would be bad if He was not with me.

I also wish all of you to stop looking at everything superficially and start paying attention to details, to the little things that you have not noticed before. Then you will see too how close the Lord is to each of you. Do you remember Sherlock Holmes? He was a genius who paid attention to the little things that no one else did, and in that way he solved the most serious crimes. He is a fictional character, but I am real.

By the way, speaking about lions. Is “Simba” still asleep or has he already woken up? Or does he want to be the bull Pumbaa? :) At the end of last year, I had an interesting dream. In that dream, I was running up the stairs to the top of a large tower in the image of the blue water tigress, and a white Chinese dragon was chasing me (yes, yes, that disgusting “thing” that looks like a twisted sausage, without wings and with paws like a dachshund :):):).

Suddenly, a lion that looked like Simba came running up to me to help me defeat the dragon. And then, at the end of the dream, another lion came down from the sky to help us, more powerful and greater than the previous one. But then I woke up. I didn't see what the other lion did to the dragon, but I had a feeling when I woke up that he had killed the dragon. Now try to guess who the two lions in my life are and who the dragon is. It was a prophetic dream for me from God. I made certain conclusions for myself. Try to do the same.

While watching The Legend of Kublai Khan, my eyes were once again dazzled by the large number of things of the blue and yellow colour in the series. They appear literally from the first seconds of the drama. Pay attention to them when you will be watching this series and if you will be watching it. And I advise you to look at the emblem of modern Mongolia. You will see something interesting. It seems that the Mongols love the colours of the Ukrainian flag even more than the Chinese. :) Moreover, I have the impression that even God's favourite colours are yellow and blue.

For the hundredth time, I saw the pattern from my towels in the drama. I also noticed a pattern on many of the carpets in the series that looked like the capital English letter “G”. That pattern is similar to the one on the bedspread made in Ukraine that my mother recently has gifted to me. In addition, when I was looking through my packages while watching the drama, looking at which ones I had, I found the same pattern on one of those packages.

And then it got even more interesting. On one more package, I noticed another pattern that I have seen in many Chinese historical dramas and also seen in The Legend of Kublai Khan. While watching it, I also saw that pattern on three of my shoeboxes. Even earlier, I saw the same pattern on one of the embroidery kits on the website of a Ukrainian embroidery and needlework shop. And while watching The Legend of Kublai Khan, when I was looking through my photos, I saw in some of them that pattern on the frame of a pair of sunglasses that my mother used to wear. She used to go on holidays with me with those glasses, including a trip to Bulgaria in 2009 and a tour to Istanbul in the same year. 

Another strange thing is that just the other day I have seen that pattern on a rubber carpet at the entrance to a cosmetics and perfume store called Shik and Shine, which is located in the building where I live. I found the same pattern on two other buildings in two photos that I took a long time ago during a holiday in Turkey.

Are you not tired yet? Then I will continue to list. The drama has a pattern in the form of an inverted sword. It is depicted on some banners in the series. I saw that pattern on my big glass plate, on two of my embroidery kits, one of which I started embroidering while watching the series (those two kits are made in Ukraine, not in China, the manufacturer is Quick Tapestry), and on one of my photos in a museum in a town in Bulgaria called Nessebar, which was also taken in 2009. Take a look at the flag of Nessebar. You will also see blue and yellow colours there.

And I will tell you about another pattern. That pattern in the series is depicted mainly on carpets. While watching, I noticed that pattern on one my photo from Nessebar, taken in 2009 (what a remarkable year!!! :):):), namely, on an ancient building. That pattern is also depicted on the emblem of modern Mongolia. That's why I advised you to look at it. And I discovered all of that while watching The Legend of Kublai Khan. Those aren't all the familiar patterns I've seen in the series. But I don't suppose it's worth listing all them. I think you have caught the essence of what has happened.

And what do you think? Did I accidentally go through my packages and photos while watching the drama? Do you think I have found all those patterns by accident? There are no such accidents in life. I was surprised and amazed when I noticed and saw all those things throughout the episodes of the drama. Literally by the end of the final episode of the series, I was noticing more and more familiar patterns. I am not going to prove to you everything I have described. For those who want proof, I invite you to visit me in Ukraine, and I will show you the above-mentioned carpets, packages, boxes, embroidery kits, plates and photos.

Don't wonder why I'm going through packages, reviewing photos, etc. Since the beginning of last year, I've been gradually doing a general cleaning. I've already tidied up my house: wiped down all the shelves, washed all the dishes, sorted out my belongings, threw away unnecessary rubbish, and finally got to the photo albums. If you could only know how many interesting and familiar things that I saw in Chinese dramas I found in my home and around my house, in my life in general. You know, I'm almost sure that I will marry a Chinese man. :):):) There is so much Chinese in my life that it's impossible to list it all in the reviews.

But at the same time, what I have listed also proves that Chinese culture is not unique, so the Chinese should not think that their culture is the only such culture in the world. A culture that is thought to be unique is in decline and eventually disappears. That happened to many cultures that people considered unique.

And now I would like to tell you about what I really disliked about The Legend of Kublai Khan and why I lowered my score. The series has a female character named Töregene. She is another wench-dragon. She reminded me of a biblical character called Jezebel, the mother of Jehoram (Joram), the king of Israel. Both of them are witches. According to the Bible, Jezebel killed the Lord's prophets and priests, built idols and bred shamans like the Mongols did horses. In the eighteenth episode of the drama, Töregene promised that Qaimish would die without a burial. Now read in the Bible how Jezebel herself has died (the Second Book of Kings, chapter 9, verses 30-37).

In the series, Töregene did a lot of evil, was involved in the deaths of many people, and also kept by her side a shaman-minister who was a sycophant, schemer, poisoner and murderer. That's a complete “bouquet”. Who would have doubted it. So the biggest stupidity of the plot was that after all the evil things that Töregene had done, towards the end of the drama she suddenly repented of everything and almost became an angel. This is complete nonsense! It doesn't happen in real life.

A person as rotten and vicious as she is cannot suddenly become good. Only a person who has a good “foundation” but is confused in life can repent and change. But absolutely evil people do not change like that. Evil cannot become good, no matter how much it pretends to be good. For this gaffe, I reprimand the series, its director and scriptwriter. I also really didn't like the scenes with the shamans. They are disgusting. I could hardly watch them. Some of those shots made me feel nauseous.

And one more circumstance in the series put me in a stupor. In the drama, the protagonist's wife literally imposed a concubine on her husband. He didn't even want to have that concubine, but his official wife slipped her under his nose. I know that it used to be like that, and wives used to offer concubines to their husbands. But this situation does not fit in my mind. I consider it to be absurd and a violation of God's will for marriage and family. As a result, those two stupid women quarreled between two brothers who were friendly to each other.

Of all the characters, I liked the main hero Kublai the most.  He is smart, strong, brave, just, kind, and a good strategist and tactician. His wife Chabi said in the drama that she wanted a son, not a daughter, and then she had a miscarriage. You have to think about what you say, because God sees everything and hears everything, and sometimes He fulfils our silly desires in order to teach us a lesson and to teach us reason. After that miscarriage, Chabi was able to give birth to only one son and was unable to give birth to any other children. She could have given birth to ten boys if she had agreed to give birth to at least one girl.

And Kublai wanted to have a girl, not a boy. Those men who want a daughter, not a son, are real men. The main hero Kublai Khan is exactly like that. This series can rightly be called a series about a real man, because this can be said about Kublai. In addition, Kublai is also a good husband. How tenderly he took care of his wife after she had a miscarriage. I just enjoyed those scenes. Of course, in real life, Kublai Khan was not as good as he was made out to be in the series. Some things in the drama were lied about, some were embellished. But in general, Kublai Khan is a positive character in the story.

There are two other real men in the drama. One of them is Liu Bing Zhong. In the twenty-first episode of the drama, he says that women are not inferior to men. From this phrase alone, you can understand how smart and thoughtful Liu Bing Zhong is. In the forty-sixth episode, he says that from love comes sadness, from love comes fear, and that love is a kind of obsession. In the eighteenth episode, Liu Bing Zhong's teacher, an old Buddhist monk, says similar words, that from love comes sorrow, from love comes fear. These are the right words. Thank God, I was cured of that disease called love. And the third real man in the drama is the general Dong Wen Yong. There were moments in the series when it was very difficult for him. But he coped with everything. That character reminded me of the general Muru Han Shan from Tribes and Empires.

One phrase in the series really stuck with me. In the drama, Genghis Khan correctly has said that one khan cannot stay in power for long. Literally, it sounded like “the great khan of Mongolia cannot remain unchanged forever”. A wise phrase. Although Temüjin was the ruler of an empire, he understood the importance of the changing of the people in power.

It's worth noting that Mongolia was once a powerful empire. The Mongolian Empire is considered the second largest empire in world history after the British Empire. Now Mongolia is a democratic republic, much smaller in territory than before, but it is a peaceful country that does not suffer from phantom imperial pains like China and russia. China is an imperialist state that has territorial claims to all countries with which it borders. China, like russia, is one big, solid village, uneducated, zombie-like, propagandised, biased, cut off from the rest of the world and devoid of common sense.

Although it is worth saying that phantom pains are also present in Hungary, Turkey, and the list can go on. And the pope Francis generally had an exacerbation of schizophrenia  in the spring, and he advised us, Ukrainians, to get a white flag in the war with russia. Let him shove that white flag up his ass! The world has gone mad!

But I want to talk a little more about China. Unfortunately, Chinese philosophy is inherently trinitarian. That's why the Chinese don't see everything as either white or black. But they are very wrong about this, because in reality, everything in the world is either white or black. The phrase “not everything is so clear” is toxic. It comes from the evil one. Everything in the world is unambiguous, you just need to have the mind and eyes to notice it.

After the so-called presidential elections in russia that took place recently, which in fact was the reappointment of putin to putin, not only the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People's Republic of China and Xi Jinping congratulated him, but also the Chinese observers at those so-called elections, led by the Chinese diplomat Li Hui, said that those so-called elections were democratic, transparent and fair. O_o Well, yes, who understands the basics of democracy better than the Chinese Communists? ( for those who are on the armoured train, i.e. for the stupid, I explain that it is sarcasm). The Chinese are first-class liars. And the elections in russia are as “fair” as the Chinese government.

You are trying in vain, Chinese. We, Ukrainians, are the most rebellious nation in the world. We hate it when violence is committed against us. That is why we cannot be conquered. And that is why Ukraine will defeat russia, not vice versa. And after that happens, you Chinese will be in the shit, because you have supported in the war against Ukraine the state-aggressor, the state-terrorist and the state-loser.

In the second episode of The Legend of Kublai Khan, the protagonist says the phrase “your heart has been eaten by a dog”, and in the third episode of The Story of Ming Lan, the character Nanny Chang says the phrase “your conscience has been eaten by dogs”. I like these phrases. I can say the same thing to the Chinese, that their conscience and hearts have been eaten by dogs.

In the twenty-fourth episode of the drama Jun Jiu Ling, the main hero Zhu Zan uses the phrase “a pile of rubbish” to refer to some characters. In The Legend of Kublai Khan, in the eighteenth episode, Töregene also calls some characters this way. And the character Möngke uses this phrase repeatedly in the thirty-seventh episode. I like this phrase too. I consider all the representatives of the Chinese Communist government headed by Xi Jinping to be a pile of rubbish.

That's it, Chinese. I will beat you with your own phrases that you love so much and that suit you so well, because I am not just a perfect storm, but a real tsunami. Of course, it does not apply to all Chinese. For example, we also have Chinese living in Ukraine. There is already a whole settlement of them near Odesa. Those Chinese are adequate and good because they live in the free and the democratic country.

The Chinese living in Ukraine are hard workers, they do business and contribute to the economy of our country. However, the Chinese government blocks them on Chinese social media and messengers because they speak and write the truth about the russian war against Ukraine, everything as it really is, because they live in Ukraine and see the whole truth.

And for the Chinese living in China, I have one question. Why did they build a copy of Taipei's business centre in the desert of Inner Mongolia (a province in China)? Are they  going to make a film about Taiwan? (for the stupid, I explain again that this is a joke).

To be honest, I was already tired of China and everything Chinese. But God has made it clear to me that my destiny is connected to China. So who am I to go against God's will?..