Okay, so let's start off by saying,  if anyone reads my review for this drama you'll know how much I absolutely love this series. With that said, I think there might have been some plot holes. Unless, I just missed something. But that's why I wanted to start a discussion on said potential "plot hole" to see if it's really a plot hole, or if I am just a little slow and missed something?  

Here is the question... Who is Wuji's real parents? 

Of course by the end of the series, we learn that Wuji is madam Bing and Yue Longxuan's son. However! Earlier in the show, we see Rolan, the wife of Feng Wuque, explain in such detail that Wuji was HER and Feng Wuque's son. She explains how she gave her son to those wood cutters and observed from afar as to not endanger Wuji. 

Okay so, how on earth did it switch and later he became madam Bing and Yue Longxuan's son? How about everything Rolan said earlier? That is my question. Oh, and also, Xiaojong turns out to be the real son of hero Feng Wuque... From what I remember when Xiaojong is explaining to everyone that he is the actual son of Feng Wuque, he says his Mother died when he was very young... 

But Rolan was still alive even when he was an adult, she was the one who saved everyone from Yu Wenpu's plan to kill everyone locked up in the room,  so how is it in his flash back when they showed him as a kid, he said she had died when he was still young? Like he had to grow up on his own. And Xiaojong also mentioned that she told him about how Yue Longxuan had killed his father Feng Wuque? Either none of this is connecting properly, or maybe I'm just missing something here? 

I welcome others to please join this conversation and let me know if you agree that something is wrong here? Or if you can explain what I'm missing? Either way, I' love to converse with someone about this series!  :D

Just finished this and left a review about how badly the story was written towards the end with tons of plot holes and mysteries. Yup, totally agree with you. Writers  ruined the story on a whim and nothing made sense. Also hate how the dad's just died so quickly after the ending of the first series. Like they went through all that in the first series and just died after having a kid, barely 1 or 2 years of peace. Just gotta use my imagination now.

So to me, XiaoJiang is Big Bad's and Madam Bing's son. WuJi is still the Heroes son. Princess shouldn't have died. Princess reconcile with Doctor and live in peace. No reason to ruin ShuangShuang's face. XiaoJiang tells ShuangShuang that he killed her dad. Everyone teams up and defeats Big Bad. 

The three heroes and their loved ones live happily ever after and WuLin is at peace again.