Xie Jin Xing : Xukai 

Shen Miao: Cheng Xiao

I believe that the main couple casting will either make or brake the drama. 

So the best FL & ML in my opinion are:

Shen Miao - Zhao LiYing (here’s a fanart of her as Shen Miao https://pin.it/3Mpbrml )

Xie Jing Xing - Xu Kai or Wang YiBo (we’ve seen them in enough period dramas to know that they really suit this character)

I think Janice Wu would be great as the FL. She has the acting range to do this. (pretend to be an empty vase, but also act as ruthless killer a few scenes later)

I like Reba, but I don't think she would work for this role.

I think Xu Kai and Peng Xiao Ran would be the perfect main leads based on their acting and appearance perfectly fit their description. 

My Dream Cast

Shen  Miao - Zhao Lusi 

Xie Jing Xing - Yang Yang / Wang Yibo 

I don't care about other characters

Snaxx:

My Dream Cast

Shen  Miao - Zhao Lusi 

Xie Jing Xing - Yang Yang / Wang Yibo 

I don't care about other characters 

I cannot even imagine Lusi in this role. Then again I have never seen her playing a grey or villainous character. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

To be honest, I really wouldn't mind if they put more seasoned actors for this one. Hell, even change a bit the ages the characters actually have in the novel. I really don't want this to result in a cast full of flowers but little fragrance. We need people that can actually act their role. 

Sinasina:

I cannot even imagine Lusi in this role. Then again I have never seen her playing a grey or villainous character. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

She once played a very annoying villain in Untouchable Lovers, the usual rival in love obsessed with the male lead who see herself as a noble princess (come to think of it, I wasn’t able to like Zhao Luis after that drama but I can’t decide if it’s because of her annoying  character or her flat acting)

And after that, she kinda always played the same kind of character, the cute, cheerful girl, totally different from Shen Miao so o understand you can’t see her in that part

I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner but Xiao Zhan could also pull off playing the Purple Clad Youth, don't you think?

ecwc:

I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner but Xiao Zhan could also pull off playing the Purple Clad Youth, don't you think?

Lol, your comment makes me laugh because literally EVERYONE thought of him for that part

By the way, I’m kinda disappointed because now, we still have no real info  (only baseless rumors) about the production : no director, no producer and the production company is totally unknown so we have absolutely no idea about when it could happen or with who.

I hope this is not gonna be like the movie adaptation of Wicked : they tell us they’re gonna do it but 10 years later, there’s still nothing 

Vico SDL:

By the way, I’m kinda disappointed because now, we still have no real info  (only baseless rumors) about the production : no director, no producer and the production company is totally unknown so we have absolutely no idea about when it could happen or with who.

I hope this is not gonna be like the movie adaptation of Wicked : they tell us they’re gonna do it but 10 years later, there’s still nothing 

The tightening censorship makes this one happening increasingly unlikely. 

I have not given this much thought before, but considering how reincarnation is a taboo now, it would be pretty difficult to bring this one to the small screen. (they could give it the same treatment what One and Only & Forever and Ever have gotten, but I'm skeptical)

Yeah but I thought they would do like Princess Weiyoung, Jun Jiu Ling, Miss Truth, Legend of Hua Buqi, Untouchable Lovers, and many others : change the rebirth/transmigration trope to make it something different, like a secret identity 

Vico SDL:

Yeah but I thought they would do like Princess Weiyoung, Jun Jiu Ling, Miss Truth, Legend of Hua Buqi, Untouchable Lovers, and many others : change the rebirth/transmigration trope to make it something different, like a secret identity 

I don't know, without foreknowledge the story doesn't make any sense. To make it work with some significantly different trope would mean that only the character names are the same, it would no longer be an adaptation.  

Sinasina:

I don't know, without foreknowledge the story doesn't make any sense. To make it work with some significantly different trope would mean that only the character names are the same, it would no longer be an adaptation.  

Lol, how many adaptations made so much changes  compared to the original novel that it didn’t even look like an adaptation anymore (ex : General and I. Jeez I had loved the drama so much and was so disappointed when I realized the original work was nothing like it. There’s also The Princess Wei Young and Tears in Heaven)

I wouldn’t be surprised if they do the same here (I can totally see the writers use the usual trope « he fell in love with her when they were children and fell in love again when they met as grown up » for Shen Miao and Xie Jing Xing)