Loving the series!!

One thing that has me a little hesitant. Lili and San Pang. I am unsure of the age gap and it makes me think of the sister and bodyguard from HIStory 3 : Trapped. Would this be considered grooming? I am not trying to start anything. I just am curiously hesitant.

I think the max age-gap between them is like 5 years? And they started dating only recently and Lili is already in her twenties. 

It's really unsettling for me too. It feels a lot like grooming, I've been noticing before now the slight gestures and moves...

What are the ages of qian and yuan.. It'll help a lot cause I feel really uncomfortable with their relationship thus far

Badass Bunny:

I think the max age-gap between them is like 5 years? And they started dating only recently and Lili is already in her twenties. 

This makes me less apprehensive about it. It still makes me feel a little weird on how then showed it. Thank you for input.

Humblesoul:

It's really unsettling for me too. It feels a lot like grooming, I've been noticing before now the slight gestures and moves...

What are the ages of qian and yuan.. It'll help a lot cause I feel really uncomfortable with their relationship thus far

@Badass Bunny said that it maybe only 5yrs. It makes me feel less uncomfortable but the way the show is structured and how they show the interactions between the two leaves me with an icky feeling still.

Rita95:

@Badass Bunny said that it maybe only 5yrs. It makes me feel less uncomfortable but the way the show is structured and how they show the interactions between the two leaves me with an icky feeling still.

True.. I'm with you on this.. I know there's technically nothing wrong but I can't shake the feeling off.. it seems to stem from the narration and portrayal of the characters 

I think its because we don't actually know when they started dating. They said they weren't dating long, but......they were already having sex when WQ found out, and clearly he was the last to know about their relationship so....Not to mention she said she pursued him, and he said he spent time thinking about dating her before they started dating. I guess it depends on what they view as 'not dating long'?

ETA: reading the book. Assuming the age gap is the same in the drama, even if they changed the ages.  Lili was 5-6 and WQ was 13-14 when their mother died. SP age is stated at 3-4 years older than WQ....so at best the age gap between Lili and SP is 10 years and at worst 13 years. Also, in the book, WZY told WQ when he took him in that he was 8 years old, but WQ thought he was likely not telling the truth and was closer to 6-7 when WQ was 14.