Here is a link to the original novel:
https://www.beqege.cc/40556/

There is an English translation of the first 50 chapters, which can be found here:

https://creativenovels.com/novel/changans-first-beauty/#contenteight

In total, the novel has 146 chapters and several annexes. 

Looks like someone else picked up the translation in the last week or so (probably because of this show), but the quality is much worse than the original translator.

Oh, I’ve been “had” by this translator before. It’s someone who starts a lot of things and then drops the translation halfway. The first translator did a brilliant job, so I don’t see the need for translating all the chapters up to ch. 51 again.

I’ve done a machin3 translation for myself for the chapters 52 onwards. It’s readable 

So a very weird question.  I haven't been on novel updates in quite a long time. But I got on there today to check out this novel and in the process noticed that I am unable to click on the chapters, only able to click on the translator which takes me to all of their work. I tried other novels and had the same issue. Did something change and you can no longer just click chapter by chapter? Do we really have to search everything up by date that they translated everything now? 

Yes, they changed it so that you can only get to the chapters if you create an account and are logged in. I hate the fact that they are tracing what people read, that’s why in the links above I have given the direct link to the translator’s website (for the first 51 chapters). It is also why my translations aren’t on Novel Updates.

Deirdre19:

Yes, they changed it so that you can only get to the chapters if you create an account and are logged in. I hate the fact that they are tracing what people read, that’s why in the links above I have given the direct link to the translator’s website (for the first 51 chapters). It is also why my translations aren’t on Novel Updates.

Okay. Thank you for getting back to me. Like I said, it had been quite a long time since I was on there last and I was very confused.