Outspoken, Straightforward, Compassionate, Wondering.
Thriller (esp psychological)
Drama (esp with strong romantic elements)
* I watched my first drama, Padam Padam, in October / November 2012.
* I like proper, open mouthed, passionate/romantic kissing rather than awkward eyes wide open dead fish Park Shin Hye type kissing.
* I prefer dramas with mature themes & vibes. Believable, naturalistic acting (so no awkward kissing or skirting around issues of sex & intimacy) is a must.
*I avoid dramas about noona romances, school, flower boys & young adults, as well as slapstick romcoms.
*I have tendency to steer clear of tragedies and disease dramas. I generally prefer dramas with positive, happy or optimistic endings.
* I dislike with an immense passion dramas that are makjang and melodramatic beyond the point of reason. These are usually dramas that insult people's intelligence with stupid, nonsensical, arbitrary plot developments and character behaviours.
*I generally will not watch the dramas and/or movies of anyone on my BLACKLIST, with few exceptions.
* Based on perceived quality of most or all creative and technical functions. BUT, even if my work in the film industry gives me a trained eye, I'm no film critic & my reviews or commentaries are mostly for my own recollection rather than a guide (or recommendation) to other views. With that said ...
* Dramas, my evaluation of quality is mostly and sometimes only focused on the story/plot, how well developed/sensible it is. I hardly pay attention to other technicalities like direction or music (unless they're so glaringly bad or good that I have to take notice).
* Movies, I take every detail into account as movies for me are not just about entertainment, but also their potential to be works of art. Arthouse films are afterall my favourite of all genres.
King's Daughter Soo Bæk Hyang
Who Are You?*
That Winter, The Wind Blew
Incarnation of Money
Fated To Love You
Grandpas Over Flowers
Pride & Prejudice*
Ghost Seeing Detective*
You're All Sorrounded*
Heard It Through the Grapevine*
Shine or Go Crazy*
Kill Me, Heal Me
Life Tracker Lee Jæ Goo