helkwo

A Clear Midsummer Night Review

helkwo
Apr 13, 2015

A great drama! I had very little expectations when I started watching this drama because the the ratings weren't high and there weren't many reviews written.

This drama by no means is perfect, in fact it has many flaws with sinful number of drama cliches. There were definitely lots of holes in the plot and some situations were just downright crazy. Some of the characters' behaviours were extreme and very unrealistic.

However, unbelievably these seemingly major flaws were overshadowed by the overall story about love, friendships and family relationships. I was completely drawn into the lives of these surprisingly interesting characters. The bromance between Jin Fan and Xie Chuang is one of the best I've seen in any drama. Their chemistry was perfect and they were joy to watch. I love to know the name of the actor that played Xie Chuang because he was so good. And wow, Hawick Lau portrayed his character, Jin Fan to perfection. I am a big fan of his now.

The romance between the main couple was cute as they had good chemistry but I also found the second couple (Xie Chuang and Jin Fan's sister) adorable. The story about the corporate world was surprisingly equally interesting as the relationships between the characters.

This drama absolutely exceeded my expectations, it made me laugh, cry and actually care about the characters deeply. I normally try to avoid watching long dramas because I get bored easily but I was thoroughly entertained by all 51 episodes.

Comments (3)

• Login or Register to post comments
    Alexander Chan Apr 15, 2016

where did you watch it?

SHIRLEYMOLINA Apr 30, 2015 - edited

I think you got it right I liked the romance part but the rest was a little hard to take. I think the illegitimate daughter had some nerve and was a real schemer I am not finished but I hope she gets some karma, she did not even want her child then wanted justice after she threw herself down the stairs, a little over the top even for a drama. Your review got me interested in watching it.

helkwo May 10, 2015

Yes, what she did was very unrealistic. I know some parts of this drama are crazy but I just liked the characters and the overall story was good. Hope you like it.

Aug 11, 2017