ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ 'Sup. I'm Sien.
Quick Facts About Me:
- Twenty something Asian girl land locked in a cowboy state.
- I grew up
watching Hong Kong dramas and still have a soft spot for them.
- Even though most of them suck now.
- I have a different set of tolerances for each countries
- I can finish a Hong Kong drama with a rating of
5, but can’t do it with a Korean drama.
- I absolutely love family dramas...and dramas about friendship, growth, and sacrifices.
- I'm currently doing this challenge (on page 8):
2017 Watch Challenge
My Drama Habits:
- I start dramas before I end my current ones. So my 'Currently Watching' is a monstrosity.
- Oh and don't get me started on my 'Plan to Watch'.
- I guess I have commitment issues since I lose interest quick and because of this I tend to drop...
- But I'm a walking contradiction who can watch 100+ episode dramas.
- If I hate everything about a certain drama except for a couple I will skip to just their parts.
- This means my rating will be affected by their parts (normally a 6.0-7.0 to be honest).
- I go through phases of binge-ing different genres and I enjoy them all differently.
- So I wouldn't say a 7.0 for a rom-com is the same as a 7.0 for a thriller.
- I normally avoid dramas that are currently airing and are super popular (especially Korean ones).
- Why? Cause the love and attention from everyone else makes me a harsher critic.
- I write reviews (sometimes). You can find them here.
- When a drama is so spectacular or awful and I just want to voice my opinion.
- I rarely use the 'Feeds' section, but I might one day.
- I don't see the purpose when I don't have friends on here or talk to others.
- I mainly use this site to keep track of my watch history, but I do comment here and there.
- So you'll see me lurking.
My Rating Means:
- 10.0 : A masterpiece. Everything (and I mean everything)
- I don’t
believe anything can be perfect, so I don’t use this rating.
- 9.5 – 9.0 : Almost perfect and was thoroughly addicted.
- This is the
highest rating I’ll use.
- 8.5 – 8.0 : Interesting and was fun to watch, but lacked something to be addictive.
- Had it's downfalls, but I enjoyed it overall.
- 7.5 – 7.0 : It’s aight. It was decent enough to keep
watching, but not enough to be memorable.
- Or it has interesting
parts, but an equal amount of awful parts.
- 6.5 – 6.0 : It’s…watchable, I guess. Something went
wrong. Either with the casting or the plot.
- Can also be
super cliché (but I do love clichés every once in a while).
- 5.5 – 5.0 : I struggled
through this. Either I played it as background noise or half-
- Was it a Hong
Kong drama? Cause I normally drop at this point if it’s not.
- 4.5 – 1.0 : This was boring and I lost interest. Which
is the worst thing that can happen.
- I definitely
dropped…or played it before bed cause it worked like a sleeping potion.
One Last Thing:
- I re-rate dramas as I watch others in the same genre. So this tracker isn't 100% accurate. ↓
- I'm also in the middle of re-rating my 'Completed' dramas to fit the above rating scale...
- Times (Days) 235.7
Plan to watch158
- Total Entries529
- Times (Days) 0.2
Plan to watch23
- Total Entries24