This is my first review so bear with me ^^
It's also the first time that I cried after finishing a drama, it was just too god to end. So my first review had to be on this. Honestly I have been putting this drama off because of the poster it just bothered me and I didn't like Park Seo Joon much but I fell in love with him watching Fight My Way and I had to see him waiting for the next episode. I started Hwarang and I got hooked like never before.
The story is a classical seguk: A nameless boy looking for his family and revenge, a kind girl whose love changed the course of history and a faceless king longing for his throne but he didn't have the power to reach it so he hid waiting for an opportunity while his people suffered. Some couldn't wait for his return, these progressive dreamers wanted a better society so they gathered beautiful flowerboys to teach them how to create an ideal society and thus Hwarang was born. In hwarang the boys learned virtues, ethics and duty but more importantly they learned to rely on each other. Against the political current and personal interest our heroes had to fight to change things to the better.
How is this DIFFERENT then any other SEGUK?
1. BROMANCE OVERLOAD: it's just everywhere
2. CHEMISTRY: the leads are perfect for each other
3. KISSES: unlike normal seguk where you'll grow old before they hold hands and rip before the kiss, this id full of kisses!
4. HOT GUYS: don't even get me started
5. BTS: do I even need to explain?!
6. OSTs: seriously this drama has a lot of good osts
7. MODERN REFERENCES it added freshness and fun to this heavy plot especially the Club! and that DANCE!
THE BEST PART ------> PARK SEO JOON did a cover of "Became Each Other's Tears" and he's PERFECT!
I'm definitly watching this again and I wouldn't need to wait until I forget it.
Thank you for this amazing drama I loved every moment of it and I didn't skip a second.