Riley

Strong Woman Do Bong Soon
Apr 29, 2017
Okay so first things first is that this drama is probably not what you're expecting it to be. Things got way more... intense you could say than I ever expected. Was this drama perfect? No. Did I throughly enjoy it until the very end? Yes!

Some people say the plot didn't work very well together, and while I agree there were a lot of different elements to this, I still found it read more very compelling. I can definitely say I've never seen anything like it before in kdrama. At a glance this drama seems pretty light, and for the most part I'd say it is, but there are some very intense sections. Some people, like me, enjoyed both of these aspects but I can see how others were turned off by it.

Whatever the plot might have lacked, the cast made up for in spades. I was in love with the leads from day one, and the more the side characters were introduce the more I found them fun and charming. Do Bong Soon was someone I empathized with and had no trouble rooting for. Min Hyuk was BEYOND adorable and often times stole the show. They worked so well together and made the whole thing worth watching.

I understand how this can be a hit or miss for some people, but for me it was a hit. I can't wait to see Park Bo Young and Park Hyung Sik go on to do even more things. I think I'll eventually rewatch this one, just because there's so much more to catch a second time around.
Oh My Venus
Apr 21, 2017
I have been putting off watching Oh My Venus despite the fact that I knew a lot of people liked it because I just didn't think I would vibe with the plot. Luckily, I was really mistaken! This drama was addicting and had me falling in love from the first episode.

The plot itself worked a lot better and was a lot healthier than I imagined it to be. It was a read more little ridiculous to me that they considered Joo Eun to be wildly overweight when she was just a little chubby to begin with, but it is Korea. I did find that with all the characters that there were times, especially towards the end, where their plots didn't feel entirely cohesive and that I was watching three different dramas in one. The plot got a little fuzzy in the later episodes, but the cuteness of the leads certainly made up for it.

I ADORE this entire cast. The side characters were interesting and I cared about them. Joon Sung and Ji Wong were the most lovable pair and I couldn't get enough of them.

Overall, I get why this drama is highly recommended. It's not perfect, but it's something a little different that is refreshing and fun to watch.
Shopping King Louis
Apr 7, 2017
I definitely liked this drama more than I disliked it. If I had to sum it all up in one word it would be: CUTE. I was constantly whispering to myself "that's so cute" pretty much every episode.

Even though the plot is pretty trope-filled (but I do love myself a good trope) it still feels particularly unique and not overdone at all.

The two leads were great and very lovable. Louie read more could definitely be a bit annoying at times, but I think he made up for it in the later episodes. Bok Sil was a fantastic leading lady and it was very easy to root for her.

My main complaint about this drama is about the supporting characters. I either didn't like them, or felt like we didn't spend enough time with them. Good supporting characters in a drama mean a lot to me and I just don't think SKL really delivered on this.

Overall, SKL is a nice watch if you're the right type of person. I did consider putting on hold a couple times during the middle episodes, but the need to find out what would happen to Louie and Bok Sil kept me hanging on until the end.

November 30