Riley

Oh My Venus
I have been putting off watching Oh My Venus despite the fact that I knew a lot of people liked it because I just didn't think I would vibe with the plot. Luckily, I was really mistaken! This drama was addicting and had me falling in love from the first episode.

The plot itself worked a lot better and was a lot healthier than I imagined it to be. It was a read more little ridiculous to me that they considered Joo Eun to be wildly overweight when she was just a little chubby to begin with, but it is Korea. I did find that with all the characters that there were times, especially towards the end, where their plots didn't feel entirely cohesive and that I was watching three different dramas in one. The plot got a little fuzzy in the later episodes, but the cuteness of the leads certainly made up for it.

I ADORE this entire cast. The side characters were interesting and I cared about them. Joon Sung and Ji Wong were the most lovable pair and I couldn't get enough of them.

Overall, I get why this drama is highly recommended. It's not perfect, but it's something a little different that is refreshing and fun to watch.
Shopping King Louis
I definitely liked this drama more than I disliked it. If I had to sum it all up in one word it would be: CUTE. I was constantly whispering to myself "that's so cute" pretty much every episode.

Even though the plot is pretty trope-filled (but I do love myself a good trope) it still feels particularly unique and not overdone at all.

The two leads were great and very lovable. Louie read more could definitely be a bit annoying at times, but I think he made up for it in the later episodes. Bok Sil was a fantastic leading lady and it was very easy to root for her.

My main complaint about this drama is about the supporting characters. I either didn't like them, or felt like we didn't spend enough time with them. Good supporting characters in a drama mean a lot to me and I just don't think SKL really delivered on this.

Overall, SKL is a nice watch if you're the right type of person. I did consider putting on hold a couple times during the middle episodes, but the need to find out what would happen to Louie and Bok Sil kept me hanging on until the end.

1 day ago