Noble, My Love (2015) poster

Fraxer
Sep 28, 2015
Yay, a short-cut to bliss! If you like cheesy Korean romantic dramas but don't have the time to watch the lengthy ones or the patience to tolerate the evil mother-in-law or the plotting sister-in-law or the jealous ex-gf occupying prime time, this is the one for you! ^^

Story: Nothing new here, rich guy comes across a poor girl who's not smitten by money. He gets curious about her and falls in love. The girl follows suit. There is some parental opposition, obsessed lover-wannabe, etc. but they don't play make much difference to the storyline.

Acting/Cast: It centers around just two characters played by Sung Hoon and and Kim Jae Kyung. I liked Jae Kyung in God's Quiz 4, but this was my first time watching Sung Hoon. Though I won't say they did an exceptional job, but they kinda complemented each other on screen very well. His brother and secretary and her friends play minor roles in the story, though I didn't pay much attention to them.

Music: Nothing original but considering 15-min episodes, they suffice.

Rewatch: Yes, yes and yes! Mainly coz it's so short, but also coz of the feel-good factor.

Concluding Thoughts: Nothing new about the story, nothing new about the execution, nothing spectacularly great about the acting and yet - it's pretty much awesome considering the time invested.

Senech
Oct 1, 2015
I first want to say that I'm aware I gave a higher rating than this drama really deserve but this reflect what I feel about it, what my heart feel about it.

If you're so busy during the week and want a short drama you can watch and finish in a single week end. If, like me, you always crave for heart warming romance that can fulfil your heart with warmth, tender and love, makes it flutter and put sparkles in your eyes. This one can perfectly do it
I didn't expect much about it and I was so surprised to enjoy it this much, well, I have to say, it really was my heart that enjoy it the most !!!

Along all the drama my heart couldn't stop racing and missing a beat each time there was a cute romantic scene between the leads. Even when they weren't together and we saw Lee Kang Hoon doing something for her behalf.
It's been ages I didn't feel this way when watching a drama, it was exactly what I was searching for and exactly what made me click next episode right after the end of an episode. Luckily for me it's a short drama, otherwise I might have ended like a zombie who didn't sleep for days in order to finish it. Lol.

Kang Hoon is the typical cynical chaebol we meet in lots of kdramas. I didn't really like him first but we fast discover that his love transcend him and he's in fact so touching and so lovable. Of course he's not the kindest one towards the girl but we know that it's just a shield to protect his heart to being hurt. And knowing that makes his moves so touching and cute. That's when my heart fell. Sung Hoon was a pure revelation for me, I know for sure I wouldn't feel this way if it was an another actor. He gives life to his character with perfection. He's not a perfect actor but he's the one for this drama. And omo omo that deep charming voice of him.. Rrrrh. Just talk, I could listen to you for hours without ever get tired of it. XD .

The female lead is also the typical poor but very proud girl we meet in lots of kdramas. She's tough but she has her weakness. It makes her so real, a girl we can definitely relate to. Finish the non-stop-crying-sobbing-exasperating main girl. I loved so much following her, waited to the heart for her nemesis to be crushed, craving for her feelings to grow...

The romance between the two characters was so cute, so fluffy, so heart warming, so true and never ever stop to make me Aww and fall. I'm a little mixed about their chemistry. They do have a good chemistry, we definitely can see and feel the feelings between the two but when it went to kissing that was a little disappointed. I wish they didn't have the dead-fish kind of type kissing. It always killed the mood. But that was okay, it was not the endless-awkward-turn-around-camera kind. We can easily get over it.

This drama in fact reunites most of the clichés you can find in dramaland but thanks to its short length it's never boring and don't have the time to be dragging. And thank god that's a good point ! Who never gets tired of the endless loop of ex-lovers intervention or family disagreement ? Here, you won't have the time to get bored or sigh of exasperation. Every problem is solved quickly and naturally.
That's really refreshing.

A real bonus to this drama is the Manga type image at the beginning of each episode. So cute.
I just have one last word, Don't think and go watch it !!! :D

AmberleyCanegitta
Aug 4, 2017
Dear God, this drama is just a million times no for me. NO NO NO NO NO. I can see why people would think this drama is cute but I have never seen a male lead that drove me to the point of insanity like this dude. And I've seen people say that they ignored his attitude because it was short and it didn't bother them that much but this dude absolutely disgusted me.

I watched the drama in one sitting with a confused face the whole time because DEAR GOD WHAT DOES SHE SEE IN HIM. If I ever met a man like him I would run so fast. I'm not sure if he's sexist or what, but almost every time he opened his mouth it was either controlling or insulting.

Honestly he reminds me of Christian Grey minus the BDSM abuse with the way he treats the girl he is supposedly "in love" with. That scene with the contract in this drama? He called himself the ALPHA in the relationship and she was the OMEGA that had to listen to everything he said. WHATTT!?!?!

Just...no.

Katie
Oct 9, 2015
As far as originality goes, Noble, My Love is nothing new. Yet again, we have a rich CEO that falls for a stubborn poor girl and... well, you know the rest. Yet the story had an intriguing premise and all of the typical k-drama cliches were used to the show's advantage.

For the most part, the plot was fairly typical, but it was also different in several ways. For one, there is no 2nd female lead or evil mom trying to break our couple up (for the most part). Because of this, much more focus was put on the main couple and we got to see them work through problems that weren't caused by an outside source.

From my past experience, I've found web dramas to be slightly more anime-esque (is that even a thing?) than a regular drama. But Noble, My Love was very similar to a normal drama with the only difference being episode length. Because the episodes were so short it never dragged and everything kept moving forward. The plot pacing was nice and consistent throughout nearly the whole show, though it did feel slightly rushed at the end.

But I think what really sold me on this drama was the chemistry between the two leads. Now, they had their awkward moments, but for the most part they fit together perfectly. I fell in love with their interactions and lived to see the cute little things they would do. It was probably my favorite part of the drama. I actually ended up marathoning the whole thing in one day because I was on a cuteness overload!

While Noble, My Love was just as cliche as any other drama it was concise and to the point. But it was wonderfully cheesy and very fun to watch. It's definitely a great one you'll want to check out if you're short on time or just want to have a mini drama marathon on a rainy day.

lattebean_
Sep 28, 2015
If you like light-hearted romance and want to quickly get inside the story, this is totally for you! I was actually disappointed the episodes weren't longer. I'm a person who really loves a bit cliche romance so I might be a bit biased when I'm writing this :P

The story was those 'cool rich guy meets ordinary girl' -stuffs but writers put it out interestingly and I really enjoyed every episode and I was always looking forward what happens next. I think this was the first romance drama I have watched with only a tiny bit of melodrama so that's why I propably liked it so much. It didn't have those "ex-girlfriend suddenly arrives to the picture" or "male lead's evil mom harrassing half of drama's duration" -things. And I liked how the flow was very smooth. Usually in short dramas you'll see a slow start and ending is very rushed but this didn't feel like that. Of course, after some scenes I thought the two last episodes were a bit rushed but all in all, this was very well written. What's interesting that instead female lead being poor and doing part-time jobs, she's educated vet who actually owns her very own practice. By the way her cat was really cute >///<

Male lead was totally handsome and cool but I just loved how his personality was so silly when it came to how to express his feelings and when he was jealous. It was total contradiction. The actor Sung Hoon was a spot on choice for this role. He has really expressive face so I enjoyed looking his expressions and I was laughing at times because he was doing some silly things with that handsome face of his lol. It was just funny that when he tried to play cool he ended up being cute instead and I was often going "awww" during scenes.

Female lead Jaekyung was also a good choice for main role. I don't know if it's just me but at times she went overboard with acting but else I think she's a very good actress and can express emotions well. I thought with male lead they make a very good couple. You'll often see in these kind of dramas more "ordinary face" as main so I was happy they picked Jaekyung. Don't get me wrong, with ordinary I mean someone more cute type whereas Jaekyung is more glamorous type. Jaekyung's type often gets roles like the evil ex-girlfriend...

So if you're looking for some great romance drama but don't want to start those with very long episodes, check this out. You'll definetly want to rewatch this later also.
Oh, and music was also very warm and cozy and fitted the drama's atmosphere.

SSKF
Nov 1, 2015
I would watch this again and again. The pros of this series are too many to count. One is the awesome story. It's everybody's favourite about the chaebol and the down to earth girl. This one was done right with 0 mistakes.

The story length, 20 episodes each 15 minutes long, contributed to the mystique and the completeness of the series. The pacing was done right since it was so short. The acting was also excellent as well as the characterization.

This was a chaebol drama, probably the first chaebol drama, done right. There was no ex- or evil- girlfriend, no ex-boyfriend, no one trying to tear our lead apart. There was also an obsessed, quickly jealous, possessive male lead for who is looking for that type of romance. The female was no a pushover. When she had to be tough, she owned the scene. Sometimes he was even scared of her. I loved it. They had balance and worked out all problems between themselves.

The main leads were handsome an beautiful respectively. I enjoyed watching them on screen and wondered why they don't have more lead roles. Their chemistry together was evident and strong from the point of first meeting.

I would love to see this as a more detailed full length 16 episode drama. With that much screentime though, the series may not be done well and have too many issues between the leads. This was just perfect and leaves you wanting more.

FleffElsie
Dec 8, 2015
If Fifty Shades of Grey was adapted into a fluffy, cute Shoujo manga it'd look like this. (I'm pretty sure the production/filming staff were aware of that too!)

DO NOT WATCH IF YOU CAN'T STAND CONTROLLING GUYS! Other than that though the drama is very sweet and I thoroughly enjoyed watching it . The story is quite cliché and the characters are mostly predictable, but there's something between the acting and the script and the soundtracks (that made me giggle) that surprisingly made me really enjoy the whole thing, no matter how stereotypical it all is!

For a web drama Noble, My Love is short and sweet. I didn't cry but I laughed - a lot - and the chemistry between the leads felt strong too. It was a bit like seeing your favourite, old childhood fairytale adapted onto screen. I don't think there was anything that really stood out to me and made me cringe in all the bad ways.

8/10 would watch again! (Especially when feeling soppy and ill! It'd be perfect.)

Dropped 20/20
OhSoEnthusiastic
May 21, 2016
Dropped 0
Sooooo cute and the male lead made me want to punch him in the face half the time.

I stuck it out a verrrrrrry long time, waiting for him to realize he was a bossy jealous pants, but he didn't, and I realized I didn't want his bossy jealous pants in my life, so I dropped it 2 episodes before the end.

(Music is 1 because I don't remember what the music was like.)
addicted2dramas
Nov 17, 2015
Noble My Love had the potential to be a full-fledged drama. Such a shame that this enjoyable piece of work was so short. I went in to watch it because of Jaekyung and the actor I had seen in a drama previously who I knew was not bad. What harm could happen if I tried it? The first episode was just 15 minutes long and I would drop it if I didn't like it. But then what happened? I marathoned through all 20 episodes.

This drama is a MUST WATCH for hardcore romantics. I happen to like Kdrama romance but this one has SO much of it that I wanted them to stop. They honestly include all romance cliches possible in the story and to just keep entertaining you episode after episode. The main couple were cute as hell.

Jaekyung is so pretty I could keep staring at her forever. I don't blame the guy for falling heads over heels for her. I also liked his brother and wish he gets his own spin off because he was so cute. Plus, the little animals featured in the show are also a treat to watch.

The soundtrack isn't the best because it doesn't even require one. Anyway, I highly recommend this drama to everyone because it a short, harmless piece of fun and you'll come out thoroughly entertained. Enough said. Go and watch it NOW.

TaraLynch
Apr 8, 2017
Noble, My Love

I just re-watched this little web-drama. There's a fair amount of Problematic Patriarchy inherent in some of the common tropes in k-dramas and this web-drama is chock full of it. I remember being much more enamored of the drama the first time I watched it, but this time around, I was much more aware of how off-putting (and even alarming) the controlling behavior of the main lead would be if this was "real life" and not a drama. That said, I still enjoyed watching this show. It has Sung Hoon as Lee Kang Hoon, an arrogant and closed off CEO type who falls for Kim Jae Kyung's character, Cha Yoon Seo, a poor but stubborn and plucky Veterinarian who saves his life. There's a contract relationship - I'm a sucker for a contract relationship story-line - and sparks fly. Because of the web-drama format (episodes are short, typically between 12 and 20 minutes in a web-drama), this show is almost like what would happen if you stripped out only the main love-line story from a full length drama and tacked it all together without any of the side plots or secondary character lines. Because of that format, character development suffers a bit here. When I first watched this show, I rated it as 8 out of 10. On re-watching, I would rate it 7.5 out of 10, because the controlling behavior and jealousy of the main lead was more off-putting this time around. (There's a hint of a back story as to why he is that way, but since it is never fleshed out or really explored, he doesn't get to hit that satisfying "humanizing" arc that full length k-dramas with this type of lead get to have.)

Still, I'd recommend this if you're looking for something light and quick (assuming you can get over the Problematic Patriarchy). (Not to fear! The presence of Problematic Patriarchy does not, in fact, cheat you out of your moments of Feminine Gaze and Sung Hoon shirtless for Very Important Plot Reasons and not just gratuitously - okay, sometimes gratuitously.)

kingsqueen
Apr 29, 2016
This was a quickie web-drama. Watched the entire thing on a rainy Saturday. It was a cute rom-com. Not remarkable in any way, but enjoyable and cute romance and cute main leads. It was obviously lower-budget as they couldn't afford anything fancy with the sets. For the office of a CEO - we never even found out what his company was about and he ended up sharing an office later. And the female lead ended up living in her veterinarian office. But since it was a short series anyway, I could overlook some budget saving measures. It was a good time pass, but nothing worth watching again.

ETA - forgot to say that the main lead character seemed a little controlling at times, but since this was so short it didn't get on my nerves as bad as it would have if it'd been a regular length drama.

Imara
Oct 31, 2017
For me, even with the 15 minutes length of every episode, they seem so long. The biggest problem with this show for me was that the main lead was so manipulator that Cha Yoon Seo should have run away as far as possible from him since the beginning. I really don't understand how she could  liked him.
On the other hand, there's no surprise for a k-drama. You have the 2nd male lead who is a nice guy, the witch-mother in law... almost every one of the stereotypes of this kind of drama, but at least, in a really short time.