Bring It On, Ghost

wildheart23
Aug 30, 2016
Not all ghost stories are scary. Some are cute and some are funny. And this drama is nothing short of being cute, funny and scary. Watching with a friend is highly recommended plus a thick blanket to cover up :)

STORY - While this contains the usual Kdrama cliches (don't we love cliches?), the overload of cuteness, funny moments and its consistent lightness separates it from the rest of the dramas under the same genre. It has a certain pull to make you smile all through out. Each episode contains a subplot to keep you from getting bored while the main plot was just there, peeking from time to time but not revealing anything. It has some serious moments towards the end but unlike other dramas it didn't feel like a drag. I just love how the main plot was subtly shown in each episode and did not ruin the overall feel of the drama. If you're a scaredy-cat, be sure to watch it with a friend because some ghosts were really scary.

CHARACTERS - This is the first time that I've seen Taecyeon act and boy, isn't he good? Acting as a character that is a lot younger than your real age is quite a challenge but he nailed it! II am now a fan! Kim So Hyun on the other hand did a good job being so adorable. She's so cute I wanted to put her inside my pocket and bring her home :). These 2 actors, regardless of their age gap, created a beautiful romantic spark. From the beginning until the end, they were able to keep that wonderful chemistry that sent butterflies to its viewers.

Also, I have to commend Lee David and Kang Ki Young for bringing so much fun in this drama. They had me rolling on the floor laughing. FOR REAL! :) And let's not forget about Kwon Yool. Who would have thought that a handsome face like that was a villain? I certainly didn't!

MUSIC - This is the only disappointment in this drama. Usually, there's at least one song that sticks in my head but this one doesn't have.

REWATCH VALUE - This drama doesn't contains micro details that deserves a rewatch. However, I would definitely watch it again in times that I'm down and would like to feel good.

OVERALL - This goes on top of my list under RomCom genre for this year. I have a serious withdrawal syndrome that I think would last for weeks. I just feel sad not that it has ended :(

xXabsintheXx
Aug 31, 2016
While watching this it always reminded me of "Oh My Ghost" and "The Master's Sun". But don't worry, it's not meant in a bad way. It just has the same vibe. Also, so far tvn's dramas have never disappointed me yet. So, neither has this one.

The story evolves around this guy that can see ghosts and even touch them - therefore also fight them as they continue to bother him through his daily life. There then he meets this female student ghost who gets on bad terms with him, but in the end ends up fighting other ghosts together with him.

Most times the story is held lighthearted, although the ghosts appear to be really scary sometimes - remember the movie "The Grudge"? You'll certainly encounter some of those while watching the drama. But in the end every one of their unique stories seem rather pitiable or just sad than frightening and sometimes have a deeper meaning to it.

The acting was solid, convincing and also charming at some points. The fights were really good, enjoyable and even funny. They did a pretty good job on those. Also, CGI effects thumbs up. Quite the sight here. So, when it came to those dramatic scenes, they pulled those off really well.

When it comes to the final, be prepared. Suspense, intensity, thrill... you'll get everything. The whole story isn't stalling one bit but has a smooth flow and the way the mystery surrounding the leads is unraveling only bit by bit, keeps the tension.

So, like I said in the beginning: Recommended if you look for something like "The Master's Sun" or "Oh My Ghost". Have fun watching it if you haven't done it already ;)

jellybine
Sep 1, 2016
There is always something special when a supernatural being falls in love with a human so this premise never gets old. Since the drama is an adaptation of a manhwa, I have a very clear background on how things are going to go about in this setup based on comments on Kdrama communities.

The Story
Bong-pal (a college boy who sees ghosts) and Hyun-ji (a high school ghost girl) who paired up to exorcize evil ghosts is good enough to create a lot of bickering and hijinks to our story. It's a plus that there's a bit of a cohabitation to lead the romance between our leads. It's entertaining to see how Bong-pal doesn't want to be affected by other people but can't help care for Hyun-ji (who wouldn't find Kim So-hyun adorable anyway?). The drama is formatted to have weekly ghosts to fight and surely, the ghosts here are super scary. I've seen a few Kdrama with ghosts but this might be the scariest I've seen so far (I've warned you!).

What I don't like about the plot is that the drama couldn't execute the suspense in the way I expected. The story became a bit predictable early on in its run but I just enjoyed the events as they happen.

For me, the value of this show actually comes from how much I adore its cast more than from how the story or plot was written.

The Cast
I'm actually worried a lot when they casted Kim So-hyun as Hyun-ji (the ghost girl) because she's still too W young. How will I be able to get those witty and comical situations between our OTP a la Oh My Ghost if our lead is still minor? But surely, Kim So-hyun is an amazing actress whose now ready to take on her lead role in a show. She is so adorable as a caerefree and strong-willed ghost.

I'm not really picking on Taecyon him being an idol-actor. It's a bit of a let down that whenever there's an emotional scenes for his character, he's unable to pull me in with his acting. Other than that, I felt that he did a good job on his action scenes and the scenes with Kim So-hyun. I do find him adorable, despite being the big guy that he is, when he is with her.

Of course, I wouldn't forget to mention our crazy soondae soup crew. Cheon-sang and In-rang (Kang Ki-yang and Lee David) is that unique source of joy found in this show. This crazy duo never failed to make a single situation extra hilarious than it should have been without them, it's a different kind of bromance. I've seen both actors in other shows bit this is my favorite so far.

Rewatch Value
I think I'll be skipping a bit on those ghosts.

Overall
I loved this show for its adorable cast and eady to watch story.

CrusadingAngel
Aug 30, 2016
Bring It On Ghost is a romantic horror comedy. Do not be mistaken by the genre though! The show isn't really that scary. Although the ghosts can look terrifying at times. Bring It On Ghost is a show mostly about Park Bong Pal. Park Bong Pal is a college student who can see ghosts and fights them. As MDL mentions in its' summary, Bong Pal one day meets with a schoolgirl ghost named Hyun Ji. The two gets to know each other better while they go out to fight various ghosts so that Bong Pal can earn some extra money. This was perhaps the best part of the drama as we get to see the romance between the two progress. This leads to a very light, heartwarming, and bubbly drama. This drama for the most part is not very plot driven. As about 1/2 to 2/3 of the drama is spent fighting various ghosts and spirits that very loosily has to do with the main plotline. The last 1/2 or 1/3 is where you plot proceed at a much quicker pace. I was not as fond of the last few episodes because the signature bubbly episodes quickly turn to a more serious drama as we learn how Hyun Ji has been dead for 5 years.

Story: [7/10] As mentioned earlier, this show is not very plot driven. In fact that was probably the weakest part of the show. Personally I did not watch this show for the plot. I watched it more for light-heartedness. I also liked seeing the relationship develop between the two main characters. It was very cute. These parts felt a bit like filler to me, but they still played an integral role in making me like this drama. I also had a slight disdain for the second half of the show because we begin to understand how Hyun Ji became a ghost. I wasn't a big fan of this because Bong Pal and Hyun Ji's relationship takes a turn. The writers decided to do something to Hyun Ji's character which basically takes away all of the ghost fighting altogether. This one major change, changes the story into something completely different. I felt that this change personally took away the best part of the drama and made it into more common and traditional Korean drama/story that has nothing to separate it from its'competition. I liked the last episode a lot as well. As it goes semi-back to its' traditional beginning again with the cute relationship between Hyun Ji and Bong Pal.

Cast: [9/10] The cast and acting was probably the best part of this show. Kim So Hyun is one of the best child actresses out there and it really shows. Hyun Ji's relationship with Bong Pal seemed very realistic because of Ok Taec Yeon and Kim So Hyun's great acting. I also really enjoyed the relationship bewteen the two support characters as well. Lee David and Kang Ki Young's bromance in Bring It On Ghost took the comedy and romance to a different level.

Music: [8/10] The music is above average. It's not overly bad or overly good. Nothing to write home about.

Overall: [7.5/10] This show is not really known for its' plot. It's another one of those light-hearted shows that aired this season.

Soju
May 9, 2017
I didn't expect to like this as much as I did!
In fact, I had a childish grudge on Kim So Hyun after I watched "Moon Embracing the Sun"-- that sort of held me back from watching this drama for the first few after this drama ended.
BUT I AM SO GLAD I WATCHED IT!
From the get go-- THIS WAS AMAZING!
I love Kim So Hyun as a female lead (although I am tired of her hairstyle) and I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE Ok Taecyeon! His smile, his face, his shoulders, even the way he talks! It's amazing and he is so brilliantly gifted as an actor!
This show was so good I even found myself loving the villain because he looked like such a small adorable boy.
My say? Watch it you all! Trust me! If you enjoyed "Master's Sun" -- you'll enjoy this for sure!

i8ursocks_ha
Mar 24, 2017
It was cute and fun and had a very scary villain, but toward the end I was feeling less like 'yay more cute stuff!' and more like 'oh my god just end already.' They dragged it on way too long :P It was fun though, love the main actress. Dying to know where the lipstick from the last episode when she was talking to Dong Bong on the phone is from, it was a gorgeous color.
ChiliLang
Jan 27, 2017
I was hesitant in starting this drama because it just looked stupid to me. Like hunting ghosts? really? that sounded terrible to me. But I watched it anyways and it was very cute and I was not disappointed. In fact I was pretty impressed by the story line. They had many small stories undermining a general larger one which I find very interesting.
Some scenes were scary, but don't worry. In the middle of the scary scenes, there will always be some form of comic relief. The drama ended perfectly. I would not have ended it any other way.
It has an amazing story despite some awkward acting at some points and I would recommend this drama.

XiaoZhanoppa
Feb 20, 2017
Let's Fight Ghost is a must K-DRAMA. Since "spoilers" may ruin the opinion of the watchers, I am not going to tell the whole story. :))

So, I was surprised (because for the first time) there is a ghost-story. I promise, it'll make you laugh like crazy. Kim So Hyun is cute (superb) she acts happily she always smiles.

About the love story, at first, I'm slightly hurt because at first "Park Bong Pal" (does not have interest in her) but as soon as the episode forwards he slowly falls for her. :) At first, Kim So Hyun is jealous.

Remember the scene Kim So Hyun said "Yes, Ghost heart's pounds too." hihi. About the *evil vet* , he is so evil than I thought. He's handsome (lol) But "aigo!" he's so evil. At first it made me thought that the (Prof/Vet) is the rival of Park Bong Pal for Kim So Hyun. But nah. HAHA.

This is a MUST watch K-drama. Aigo! Before I forgot, I love the OST of this one. To tell you the truth, it's OST (I Can Only See You) is the first k-pop song that I memorized & learned. So calm! Also see for the other OST's, it's even more fun. One OST of Let's Fight Ghost is sung by "Kim So Hyun." Hope I can help you :). HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. Have a nice day! Gomawo chiggu!

-saranghae OPPA!

danhasaband
Sep 14, 2016
Let's Fight Ghost (aka Bring It On Ghost) is a fun drama with the creative addition of ghost. I'll start my review with the positives. First of all I both Taec-yeon and Kim So-hyun have great chemistry together. Although there was an age difference between the two, it's not really noticeable. I also loved the special effects. All the ghost looked realistic and I was legit spooked at some moments. Another unexpected strength of this drama is the comedy! The side cast really delivers some funny moments.
Now what I didn't like about this drama was the story line. While the concept initially hooked me in at first, I thought the drama could have been a lot better story wise. The drama started to drag towards the middle and it eventually became focused more on romance. The end of the story kind of felt flat to me as well.
Overall though it was an enjoyable and average drama to watch. It won't go down as a "great great" drama but it's worth the watch if you're a fan of Taec-yeon and Kim So-hyun.

TaraLynch
Feb 12, 2017
I just finished watching Let's Fight, Ghost, which features 2PM's Ok Taec Yeon as a college student who can see ghosts and Kim So Hyun (who I liked a lot in Who Are You?: School 2015) as the ghost of a high school student (but think 17 or 18, not 15). South Korea does good ghosts. :) It's a cute show, with a fair amount of humor, creepy ghost makeup and visuals, and a satisfyingly creepy bad guy. It's a show from tvN, which is a cable station in Korea, as opposed to a regular broadcast station. A lot of the recent dramas that I've very much enjoyed have been from tvN. The pacing in Let's Fight, Ghost is fairly uneven, though, so I give it 4 out of 5 stars on DramaFever (where I watched it) and 8 out of 10 on MyDramaList (where I track what I've watched.)

Megan
Oct 8, 2016
What a cute, fun show!

I will confess to binge watching this show over the course of just a few days. Before I started watching it I thought it might skew a little young for my tastes and wasn't really expecting to be that into it. However, the characters are all in college and are pretty mature. I love shows about outsiders so I was really invested in Bong Pal's forming some connections with the living beyond just the Monk.

If you love mystery, cohabitation hijinks, and stories about outsiders, this show is for you. Solid writing, acting, chemistry, pacing - just a fun smooth ride. It is a little cartoonish in style sometimes and can be silly, but has its dark turns too. The romance is cute and the ghosts are creepy and the bad guy is scary. The writing and directing make all the elements fit together smoothly though.

yche09
Aug 31, 2016
What can I say, I'm a sucker for this kind of drama. The story line might have already been used in other dramas/movies (ahem, Just Like Heaven), but they put more flavor in it, so I really can't say that it's bad.

I can say that the MCs did a very, very good job though! Their chemistry is visible and they were true to their characters from start to finish. I love how cute the MCs could be with each other. :)

I like how humor came naturally in this drama too. I can say that the actors did a great job . ^_^

I like how it all ended. I wish there's a part 2!!!