The website is currently undergoing maintenance. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• Members: 2,146
Hime
Jul 26, 2017
The chemistry between the leads is really good, there are a lot of sweet moments between them and several funny moments provided by the female lead.

It is hard to pick only one thing that I like about this. I liked almost everything.

If you enjoy a good amount of romance and comedy, adding to it time travel, a "dont you dare mess with me" female lead, a hot/sweet male lead plus beautiful scenarios and clothes; then there is a high chance you will like this. There is also fantasy, specially in the second half.

I kept checking everyday for new episodes. Usually I dont start a drama till it finishes airing, but I did the "mistake" of watching the first episode and then couldn’t help but watch the new episodes as soon as they came out.

Although I liked it, I felt the ending was a little rushed and the fantasy part made me cringe a little since I am not a big fan of the genre.

For me it’s a 9/10. The only other drama that I gave such a high rating was Empress Ki.

I will definitely rewatch this. Actually I watched some of the episodes 2 times already since I watched first alone and then with my sister.

steph
Aug 2, 2017
After watching a disappointing Princess Agent I was skeptical about this drama because the main characters are not that good looking but after reading postive reviews about this drama I thought I would give it a try. And wow am I blown away it's completely hilarious and very light hearted. The last time I have laughed this hard was go princess go! The female main characters double personality is hilarious and she pulls it off so well. It's very believable and hilarious. The love between the 2 main characters are so sweet and keeps me completely interested in the series. Everything else is mediocre and repetitive in storyline about palace drama. I also have never seen any Chinese drama focus ofnmental illness too. This is a first time that a mental illness like dissociative identity disorder had been used in such a big part of a Chinese drama. Great job!

AnnaYen
Aug 11, 2017
The Eternal Love is surprising a very entertaining drama. Although I think they need to work on the English title, people are getting confused with Ten Miles Peach Blossoms AKA Eternal Love…perhaps something on the line of Soul Mate or Soul Searching through Time would be better.

I personally enjoy the light hearted plot and hilarious script lines. The story line consists of everything you can think of in a historical fantasy drama. Romance, Revenge, Fight for the Throne, Time Travel and a mysteries healing man! But this does not mean it compromises on screen time. The story is well paced out and very easy to follow. As you may already know this drama is a web based drama, therefore it only has the budget for 24 episodes, which means you can binge watch in one day!

The main casts are young upcoming stars (late 90s babies). You may expect imperfections in their acting abilities. Despite this I find that the two main leads work well together, the romantic chemistry between them is genuine and sincere. There are some juicy naughty scenes I find myself giggling to like a fangirl.

PLEASE BE AWARE, this is not a serious drama and it does not take itself seriously! It’s a comedy romance that provides light hearted entertainment. If you are after a drama to switch off at the end of the day, then this is for you. I strongly recommend watching the first four episodes before deciding this is worth your time.

On a side note, I absolutely love the sound track for this drama. Nearly every couple of episodes they introduce a new song. It is quite refreshing.
Happy Drama Watching x

KeopiCafe MaidandButler
Aug 13, 2017
I don't know why there is a need to compare this to Princess Agents, PA is a serious melodrama and I'm not about that, meanwhile this drama is a light romcom with some action. I just finished all 24 episodes, they're a short 30 minutes each.
The time travel plot was pretty solid and unique (and no, I don't get tired of this genre unless executed poorly) and the story moved along at a great pace where I never felt the need to hit the skip button. I loved that there was minimal court politics and instead they focused more on the cute romance between the leads.
The main male lead was perfect, like I would marry him right now hands down no objections. The main female lead was a little ehhh in the beginning, but she grew on me. She went from "you're slightly annoying?" to "you are funny, i like you" in a few episodes.
The OST is amazing- fits the mood of the drama. I can listen to it for hours.
Overall, great story, great chem, great costumes, great scenery, great music, i would def rewatch the scenes with the main couples.

renecop545
Aug 15, 2017
This drama had a really strong premise and interesting character development initially; the personality flopping between the 2 personalities of the princess was quite fun to watch and had lots of potential. 4-5 episodes in however, only the modern day girl appears, and the actually Qu Tan Er gets 0 meaningful screen time and it's just a straight love story between Xiao Tan and the 8th prince. This makes for a pretty boring watch as any interesting interactions between the first prince and Qu Tan Er are basically tossed aside, virtually eliminating any tension from the story as both alternate love rivals are basically neutered. The film editing and story flow gets really sloppy starting from episode 10; you'll watch a lot of scenes where wooden actors drone on in a predictable manner, scenes cut in between each other abruptly, characters forgetting or contradicting events that literally happened 10 minutes earlier, story elements that get thrown in without prior explanation and get tossed away just as quickly, among other obvious gaffes. Overall this drama had a really solid beginning, but it became more and more of a train wreck as the series progressed.

Kimberly
This was a cute drama, and the ending was satisfactory to me.

Plot/Story: The story and plot was interesting. From the beginning we only know that Qu Tan'er tried to commit suicide when her love the 1st prince is married to her sister. From that point, she has amnesia, not realizing it's because there is another "person" (Qu Xiao Tan) sharing her body and when it's their turn to "sleep" they do not have any memory of what the other person has done/said.  The plot/story was enough to keep me watching, so that I can find out WHY Xiao Tan suddenly was sent to this world.

Qu Tan'er is a noble lady. She's soft-spoken and very polite, but also intelligent.
Qu Xiao Tan is from the modern world and is a real-estate agent, at times she seems selfish and narcissistic, blunt and loud. She's also quite intelligent, and makes a lot of modern day references especially to movies, "Avatar, Matrix and Avengers."

Acting: I was only familiar with one cast member and that was Xing Zhao Ling, whom played the 8th prince (main male lead). The rest of the cast I was not familiar with. Liang Jie does a great job switching between both Qu Tan'er and Qu Xiao Tan, going from subtle to loud and crass. Xing Zhao Ling also does a great job as playing pretty boy that is arrogant, but sometimes caring. He has a really pretty face. His role was almost like YWY from Princess Agent, which he also starred in along Kenny Lin. Overall, I thought the cast did a great job.

I'd rewatch this drama because it was moved pretty fast, kept on point, had enough "drama" to keep me interested, and it's pretty short.

*I'll post spoilers in my comment below. So please go to the comments and expand if you'd like.

Fean
Aug 28, 2017
Story
The story was very entertaining and I had no problems pressing the next button. It's very difficult to come across a time travel drama nowadays which is one of my fav genres. Despite the Low Budget production, the drama had nice cgi, and there were no unnecessary scenes or characters. The female lead character can be irritating at times but overall it was a good drama compared to a lot of others I have watched this year, however it can't be compared with Eternal Love for sure, which is my all time fav.

Acting/Cast
I dun think the male actor was good looking at all and he didn't win me over with his acting. Unfortunately Mark Chao set a very high standard in terms of average looks with charisma, I fell in love with MC's character and although initially I felt he wasn't good looking, with every episode he looked even more handsome and at the end he was the most handsome guy to me that ever stared in any TV series this year. As for the female lead, her acting was moderate. I think her maid was a better actress. Overall what made me watch finish this series was the story.

Music
Music was good and sound track was nice, very appropriate for this drama.

Rewatch value
I certainly won't be watching this again, however it will be one of my TOP fav dramas this year.

ayume
Aug 26, 2017
I love love this drama! indeed this is low budget drama. but the story is so hilarious and the chemistry among cast member is so good. light hearted drama, don't need to think too much while watching this series. I heard this one is an adaptation of ongoing novel. I wish they will make season 2 for this drama. cause the ending is so questionable! don't really like it. anyone ever watch The Twin Peaks (quite old) American series? hell yeah, The Eternal love using the same back sound/BGM that I have ever heard in Twin Peaks. You know, the unforgettable back sound (so 90's!) when Twin Peaks series started and ended. You probably don't really notice it, the back sound in The Eternal is more subtle/softer than in Twin Peaks.

KOKONATTSU
Aug 25, 2017
STORY:
A typical modern-time-travel-back-to-ancient-China thing. Which is something I oddly really like!!! Idk, I just always think time traveling to ancient China is the coolest thing ever... I really like the ideas thrown in to make this drama of how and what it became. It later on turns out really unexpectedly weird with a sort of plot twist in the end, which though it does all makes sense in the end in it's own way, I guess.

ACTING/CAST:
Acting is 8/10, most did very well and some did ok.
Here are some of my thoughts of the main characters:

Xing Zhao Lin as Mo Lian Cheng:
OMG he is soooo adorable and sexy. I freaking fell deep in love with him. How can a 20 year old be so freaking hot!!! *Sweats & gulps* I caught myself falling for him and I was like, why does it feel like I am falling in love with him?! So weird?! Okay! Okay! Anyways! This drama shows very well of his acting skills. When watching Princess Agents, I never thought Xing Zhao Lin would have such skills!!! XD His character is so full of love and soooo fucking romantic even I felt the need to want to be his wife, LMAO. He is suuuuch a maaaan, whooo!

Liang Jie as Qu Tan Er/Xiao Tan:
She is a real talent... I am very impressed of her playing as 2 different characters. It shocked me like wow... It seem so legit like she can truly act as a gentle woman and you would believe that is her nature until she was playing as someone else who is wildin. That was the part of her that got me the most, so I think they did a good job choosing her for the role. When actors and actresses are to portray different characters in one show or movie & it is that believable for you to dislike the "other side of them", that is when it shows their true talents. She did a very good job in this drama. She's very funny, it's cute, I truly enjoyed her in this drama.

Wang Richards as Mo Yi Huai:
He is very handsome. LOVE his cheekbones, LMAO! This is my first time watching him and I really love and enjoy his cheekbones and his pretty face, ahahaha. Overall, I think his acting is very funny. I can't really take his acting seriously, it just very funny... He still needs a lot of improvements or so. But his acting goes well with comedy, hahahaha.

Sun Yi Zhu as Jing Xin:
Looool. This girl was very entertaining to watch! She is suuuuper cute and adorable. I grew to like her a lot. She does a very good job as Qu Tan Er's maid. I really love how they designed her as a maid that stands out, loved how they styled her hair, it is very cute on her. How she portrays her character dealing with Qu Tan Er's switching issues is what caught my attention the most.

MUSIC:
I've heard better soundtracks for dramas. I usually obsess over and fall in love with soundtracks from dramas and add it to my playlist and listen to it often, but I was just not feeling the music for this drama at all. So I would not download the soundtrack for this drama ):

REWATCH VALUE:
This drama currently tops as my #2 favorite drama out of all the other dramas I've seen in my life as Ten Miles of Peach Blossom tops as my #1. If I were a DVD collector, I would definitely buy the DVD set just to rewatch as I grow older, lmao. But I am more of a "watch-it-on-the-internet" type due to the new generation & technology of shows and movies online. So my list is visible on my MyDramaList account! Any that stays on my top 10 is definitely worth rewatching.

Love, love, love it so much. This masterpiece will always have a spot in my heart forever! It's so cute and I'm glad I had came across it to be a part of my life. As a 24 episode web series, it is definitely must watch!

Meg
Aug 17, 2017
This drama had time-travel, political struggle, magic, romance, etc. The time-travel was ok, the politics was meh,the magic was baffling and weird, the only thing worthwhile watching was the romance.

And what a romance!! Cute, sweet and spicy. An arrogant, poker-faced 8th prince falling in love with a lively girl from modern era occupying the body of a depressed boring girl who is in turn in love with the jerk of a 1st prince. Sounds complicated..... I know. But actually (thankfully!!) we didn't get much of the boring story of the depressed girl, but mostly concentrated on our cute romance between Mo Lian Cheng and Xiao Tan.

The two leads had awesome chemistry. The spirited, wild personality of XT was a perfect counterpart to the seriousness of MLC. I guess viewers were supposed to empathize with the doomed love story of Qu Tan Er and Mo Yi Huai, but I personally didn't have any interest in it.

I have a good chance of re-watching this one, but only the cute-romantic moments though!!!

Anyone craving a cute romance...... make sure to put this one on your watch list !!! :D

kokobutters
Sep 11, 2017
This is one of those, "Don't judge a book/movie by it's cover" type of drama. I judged it, lol! But, when I started watching it, everything changed! I fell in love with the characters, their chemistry, the cute and funny scenes, the lovey dovey scenes, the long stares filled with love... sigh* you'll love it! lol even though some parts are kinda weird, their chemistry honestly makes up for everything. This drama has FLAVOR, definitely not bland at all!!
TaraLynch
Sep 5, 2017
This was my first Chinese drama that I've watched in entirety. It's a fantasy drama, so pseudo historical, and involves time travel, shared body, evil sorcerers, drunken masters, and the fight over a throne. It was very amusing to watch, but also very over the top. It's such a different feel from what I usually watch (k-dramas) that it's hard to figure out my reaction to it, really. I rather enjoyed watching it, but I'm not sure that I loved it. The ending felt a bit rushed.