Your Honor

• Tags: Identity Swap, Twins
  • Rating: 15+ - Teens 15 or older

Maki_SrK
Sep 21, 2018
Ok, this is my first review, and probably it's going to sound just like comment.

Well, a lot of people didn't like this one, but I enjoyed a lot! :)
I think that this drama deserves more love and attention.
So, give this a try and don't stop at the fist episode, because everything progressed from episode to episode.

Romance between the two main leads was awesome and so cute.
I’m sad because they cut 2 episodes. The ending was a little bit rushed, but I still liked.

The acting was good, the plot was good, interesting and somehow warm, the actors did a very good job and OSTs were sooo good! :D

Yoon Shi Yoon was so adorable in this one. His acting skills are awesome. You could clearly see the difference between Kang Ho and Soo Ho! He can act a silly, cute and fun guys and serious guys with deep emotions!

Yoon Shi Yoon, see you soon, on your new project and Tv drama!!!

AnanyaS
Sep 21, 2018
I think there have been too many law dramas these days. Maybe that's why after some point, it just started feeling like it had lost its point.

- Yoon Shi Yoon's acting as Kang Ho was shaky, to say the least. As Soo Ho, he delivered better. Maybe he was trying to emphasize the fact that both brothers were extremely different. But all that we ended up seeing was Kang Ho overacting at every situation. At first, I didn't really mind, but then it got irritating. I really wishes he had toned it down a bit. His expressions were just all over the place.

- So Eun as a female lead was... Okay. Honestly, nothing worth remembering. She was extremely normal. But for some reason, I liked that fact.

- There were fun moments. Like whenever Kang Ho would out think the bad guys. Those scenes were awesome!

- The romance was cute.

- I still feel like some of the things were left unfinished. A few things that needed resolving. Maybe because they cut down on the number of episodes?

- Overall I'd say give it a watch if you have nothing else, nothing better, as an option. You never know, you might end up enjoying it.

Happy Watching!

mopalia
Oct 14, 2018
Between shows, I forget what an awesome actor Yoon Shi Yoon is. We've had a couple of twin dramas where the twins are pretty indistinguishable except for glasses or some other physical clue, but Yoon Shi Yoon creates two totally different people with facial expressions - i was halfway through this before I noticed that the clue was which side the hair was parted on, because it was so easy to tell which character based on body language. Overall, the cast was outstanding. Special props to Kim Hye Ok, who portrays a mother whose exceptionally bad parenting almost destroyed one son, and her realization of what she had done - it's a totally believable character.

This is much better than the typical courtroom drama - there's plenty of action outside of court, and the court sequences are crisp and to the point - it doesn't drag, there are multiple mini-plots, mostly romance, but also a bit of good versus evil in the form of spoiled rich kids. It's a well-textured drama.

The main romance is sweet and all the plot lines wind up nicely. The story is interesting and kept me engaged. The music has highs and lows - some bits are completely overblown (really, we know something important just happened - you don't need to blast up with a full symphony, heavy on the strings, to make the point). I don't think I'll want the OST.

For me, the main draw was the quality of the acting. Sung Dong Il is always a treat to watch, and all the guest appearances were wonderful. If character development is important to you in a drama, this is worth your time.

Gintoki Sakata
Sep 21, 2018
Well, where to start? I'm going to keep it short
This drama was awesome! Yoon Shi Yoon was awesome!
I decided to give it 10 because for me it was perfect, everything was perfect even though the ending was a bit rushed but overall this became one of my favorite.
I really loved YSY but this makes me fall all over heads for him, he is adorable, handsome, manly, everything

We all have seen this twin swap at least one time, but don't let this stop you from watching it, you'll not regret it
Kanghoo was the best thing that happened to my life, bad guy are the best
Romance here is over the top!
Song So Eun was really a beautiful character

The Music was extremely on spot and beautiful, I can't stop listening to them now

I would rewatch this all over again every day!
Please give this a try a don't stop at the fist episode

lololol
Sep 21, 2018
I didn’t think I’d stick with this drama or even finish it when I first read the synopsis. There are so many law dramas. However I found myself loving it. A few times I was doubting Yoon Si Yoon’s acting as Kang Ho, but he improved as the drama progressed.

The drama is about identical twins, Han Kang Ho and Han Soo Ho. Both of them are complete opposites: one is a convicted criminal and the other is a respected judge. When the judge goes missing, his brother assumes his identity and becomes a judge. Kang Ho (the criminal) is hurting from lack of maternal love. Their mother has always favoured Soo Ho, leading to the a rift between the twins’ relationship.
I think Yoon Si Yoon did a pretty good job at portraying both characters. At some points, especially at the beginning, I did question his acting, but overall he made you believe both brothers were two different people.

Although Kang Ho is the criminal, every time I saw Soo Ho on the screen I couldn’t help but dislike him. In my opinion, Kang Ho was a lot better of a person than Soo Ho. Kang Ho genuinely cared about people, whereas Soo Ho just seemed like all he cared about was being a judge. I kept feeling empathetic towards Kang Ho. He felt unloved by his family. In his eyes, his mother hated him and only loved his brother. The mother started to get better as the drama went on but I still disliked her and the way she treated her sons. It seemed like every time she was with one of them, she’d just talk about the other son. Although the drama shines the light more on Kang Ho’s lack of love, Soo Ho also didn’t feel much love from his mother as she’d talk about Kang Ho all the time.

The acting, as I stated, was alright on YSY’s part, and he did improve. I have nothing to complain about Lee Yoo Young’s acting, she did great.

Kang Ho and So Eun were really cute together. Their kiss was so emotional and passionate I loved it.

The OSTs were great. I looooved them so much. They really fit in with the drama and made you feel emotional.

One thing I disliked was the ending. Very rushed. It felt like all of a sudden they decided to cut it down to 16 episodes and had to just conclude everything way too quickly. The brothers didn’t even reconcile, no closure with the mother, the ending scene with Kang Ho and So Eun was so rushed. Not to mention the trial. It just went by way too quick. Also, I found the meeting between So Eun and her sister was really rushed as well. And the way So Eun found out about Kang Ho’s true identity. It was all so rushed, like they were trying so hard to fit everything in the last two episodes. I would’ve given the drama a higher rating if it wasn’t for the ending.

I think this drama is a good law drama. There are a few flaws but it’s not the worst I’ve seen. If you want to watch this because it’s a law drama, you probably won’t like it and will find many faults. However if you want a drama that has a lot of cute moments between the leads in a law environment, then I’d say watch it.

RandomShell
Sep 22, 2018
Content.
- The perfect amount of romance where you can see the characters fall for each other a little bit in every episode. This is NOT a "from hate to love" type of romance which I found so refreshing.

- The characters were well developed and had really good back stories which will break our hearts and slowly glue them back together. With lovable personalities they showed great chemistry in all sorts of relationships.

- A lot of justice will be served. Regardless of the social status, Kang Ho will roast the damn out of every single person in the room and leave with a mic drop. Prepare to feel empowered and excited.

- The plot was very interesting and very original. It wasn't too predictable and kept me curious with a variety of different events and plot devices.

- There will be some violence and blood but not too much.

- Theres a medium chance of tears.

- Epic acting and Yoon Shi Yoon syndrome.

- With some solid points and clever questions, the writers highlight the flaws and corruption of news stations and law practitioners in Korea.

This is one of the best dramas I have ever seen and it's going into my "loved" list for a future re-watch. I can honestly say I feel empty now that it has ended and I will miss the impatient waiting for the next episode. I recommend that everyone tries to watch it and spread their love because this is a real candidate for best drama of the year.

ENJOY!!!

Quitas
Sep 23, 2018
OVERALL:
This is the best drama from this half of the year. I really enjoyed the drama even though it had boring conversations about power and law (I really hate that).

STORY:
The concept of a twin that ends up taking his/hers brother's/sister's place is become more popular and it is very interesting to watch and even funny.
"Your Honor" had a perfect amount of romance and the story was pretty good and made me very excited to watch the drama. It is just a pity that the writer didn't show that much of the relationship between the brothers (in the present)...

CAST:
It is so good to see Yoon Shi Yoon again. He was simply perfect. He played his two roles really well.
He's such a funny and cute actor! He seems so comfortable in his roles. He and Jisung are the top actors that make dramas so enjoyable to watch and all thanks to their performances.
Lee Yoo Young - I really felt for her at first sight in "You drive me Crazy" and now I could see more from her. She's very natural and I like that fact. But she's a good actress with a good potential.
The rest of the cast had a good acting, but I won't say that I love the characters, because some of them were the typical ones in law dramas...
The chemistry was sooooo good!! It was so natural and stress free and 'Hate to Love' relationship.

OST:
I never paid that much attention to ost in Law dramas, but this one I couldn't stop listening to it.

THE END: [NO SPOILERS]
Bad, honestly....it was rushed, incomplete and not clear.
Not bad in the sad way, because it is lovely, but it was sooooo incomplete !! They didn't show what happens with the other characters and other things...

Priska Gunila
Story: 9 out of 10 - I like how the writer addressed these problems in society. Some parts made me cringe as these cases do happen in real life.
Acting/Cast: 8 out of 10
Though it's true, that Yoon Shi Yoon could have done a bit better portraying Han Kang Ho. And if the writer made the twins with opposite personalities, then naturally their appearance could have been made a little different too. I.m.h.o, Han Kang Ho's physique was too clean with overacted-gangster-demeanor that I found myself fast-forwarding several scenes. It was a bit difficult for me to continue after the first few episodes because of his acting, but I'm glad I did continue.
Music: 10/10! The music/songs are beautiful! In my humble "commoner's" ear, they fit the scenes perfectly even amplified the emotions projected in some key scenes.
All in all, for those of you who like dramas about the law, this one is definitely recommended.

MistyCloud22
Sep 21, 2018
Following the trend of 2018, came along another law drama which was Your Honor. I must say that this drama was quite a good package of action, law comedy and romance. The actors did quite well in their roles and it was a great show to tune in to every week. The drama started off on the right foot however, the ending seemed very rushed and it felt like there was potential for a better way to tie all the loose knots. I mostly enjoyed the drama but was only disappointed by the way it abruptly reached its resolution. Overall, it’s quite a fun watch for all the law and romance drama lovers.

maakopla
Sep 21, 2018
I have many feelings about this drama. I liked the synopsis and already imagined a lot of things while waiting for this to air. After so many expectations this was truly a big let down. I thought the story would be much darker and deeper than it actually was, something like All In, Sandglass, Cain ans Abel etc. There were so many possibilities with this storyline, so many legendary ingredients. Needless to say I am disappointed.

Character development was minimal and it felt like nobody had any depth to them. There were some people who did things. These people were not very connected either. There were no stories of friendship and there was no emphasis on family relations. All important things just passed as if they never happened and the whole story was kind of bleh. There was no drama either, some viewers might appreciate that, but the synopsis kind of promises drama and action, which is never delivered. The whole story feels distant with flat and one dimensional characters. And then there is Yoon Shi Yoon's cringeworthy overacting...

This drama is only okay at its best. It's boring. Though, for the firat time I wished a drama had at least one more episode. I feel like things were wrapped up too quickly and there were many loose ends. The clicheed 2 years later ending would have been nice.

Duncan
Nov 11, 2018
I think this drama is one of the only one that do not frustrated me; there are a lot of moments where the "fake" judge did not get distrated by the money and opened his mouth to stand for others and himself. I agree this is not the most original drama i have ever seen : the swap of twins CHECK witch have personality opposite CHECK and one is sucessful when the other one is not CHECK

However this is the kind of drama you could easily watch with a dumb smile on your face, why ? Because this is heartwarming you know when you want the happiness of a character and you enjoy every moment you saw him/her. I could tell "You Honor" was not a drama were i was obsessed of and i could easily drop it with a little of will but i still watch it because my heart becomes lighter episode by episode.

What particularly touch me :

Warning SPOILER ! Where should i start ? There are many things that give me a strong impression... First the mother of Soo Ho and Kang Ho was just despicable for me; she does not treat her sons equally, when she is with one she talks about the other and she always finds a way to make herself the "victim". She says some horrible sentences to Kang Ho like "If you were not born/ if Soo Ho was my only son i would be happy" or again remove Kang Ho from the family register because a relative asks her but i don't get this point, i will take that for the sake of the story in order to nobody to know that Soo Ho had a twin brother. Even Soo Ho had a lot of pressure from her because she wants him to be perfect and all to the point where his job was more important than himself; when he stops to be a judge and told to his mother "Even if i am not a judge i am still your son." that was so well said. What was funny too is that the ex-gangster and his wife was more a family to Kang Ho than his blood family; for example when Kang Ho got his cook licenses Ma Ryung and Hong Ran jumped of joy when his mother just codly said "good"; Ma Ryung taught him that there are things more important than money in life and Hong Ran give him a proper job.
Secondly what is the true justice ? This drama shows that it is not easy to be fair. Each case was sensitive and give you all sort of emotions. Our point of view is easily wronged and some people take advantages of this like the rich guys who commits crimes without consequences (violence or rape). Or the woman who shows remorses but in reality don't and repeat her mistake with the alcool (she destroyed a family but she was like "oh i just commit a little mistake, it is nothing."). I could talk about the cases for hours so i will just summarize my thoughts with : when i was a kid and dream about being a judge, i was far off the reality of what that involve seriously.
My third point is about how well and less well was the story overall. What surprised me pleasantly is that some parts was not useless counter to what i thought the first time i watch it. For example when Kang Ho saw So Eun suffers from sexual harassment in the first episode i could not imagine that would serve him to be a witness at the end and helps her to win her process. I had even forgotten this moment. I love when details are linked like that without exageration; this is nice to see that this or that moment was not totally forgotten. For example you know that the bracelet of So Eun will break at the end when her wish is fulfilled or i love the tatouage of Kang Ho who reflects him "the guy who tried to be bad but couldn't because he was too stupid". However and i wonder if it is not because the drama has been shortened but some passages were meaning for something but do not finally ! When Soo Ho told to his girlfriend "if i have a tattoo, it is not me ! " I am sure it was the chance for her to be suspicious later but strangely there was not such a moment ? Nobody (from his "friends") discovers the secret ! I was so surprised by that. Kang Ho was so suspicious though haha ! That shows nobody really care about the true Soo Ho, they just see his statut but not the human being or again perhaps it is because the drama was cut ? And some points were not really explained like why Soo Ho lied about the knife at the time and did he also lie at So Eun's sister process ?

In short

Overall the story is simple but good. The actors play very good ! It is true that Kang Ho character was a bit exagerated but for me it was funny. Strangely i loved the bad guy with his glasses and how he acts his characters. The romance is cute and well done, it is refreshing to see a couple who always help each other and don't hate each other for a little thing. The character of Kang Ho reminds me of Louie from shopping king Louie and If you saw Chief Kim that kind of reminds me also that especially when Kang Ho wants to take the money and leave but finally he chooses to live honeslty.

Yuna
Sep 23, 2018
I waited a long time to watch the drama and even stopped after a few Episodes. But I did that not because it was bad. I did it because it was excellent. The story sounded very interesting and I love it, when Actors play double roles. Twins who are different like fire and water is something I didn't watched until 'Your Honor'. I kiked the Story most of the time. It wasn't too much comedy, the romance was good and I didn't hated the second lead too much.

Yoon Shiyoon is one of my favourite Actors. I am impressed by his Acting skills since his discarge from the military. I think he is one of the Actors who are better than before the military duty. He played the intelligent but cold Han Sooho very well even though he played most of the time the younger twin. Han Sooho is a judge who has his scars, too even though he seems to have a very good life.
His younger Twin Brother is the full opposite. Han Kangho is tough. He isn't afraid of anything and he doesn't seem to care about is family because there is the "better" older brother. Honestly, I pitied him a bit at the beginning, but later I thought „You did right“, because he doens‘t give up when he learns more about life. Sometimes I thought YSH exagarrated too much as Kangho but I think it wasn‘t his fault. It was the character who sometimes was like a little child. Yoon Shiyoon proved again, that he is one of the best Actors out there.

Lee Yooyoung plays the female Lead, a university student who works some time under Han Sooho and has a painful past. It was my second drama with her after Tunnel and I think she acted better in this than in Tunnel. Maybe it was her character, but I felt her feelings. She delivered the feelings very authentic and it felt like she WAS Song Soeun. Her Acting was amazing for me and I think I will be patiently waiting for her next project.

The two second leads were not very known to me. I know Nara is an Idolgroup Member, so I didn‘t have very much expectations of her Acting. But she was okay. I think with more Supporting Roles she will be a very good Actress in a few Years. Her Character wasn‘t even a female Second Lead I hated.

Park Byungeun was an unknown Actor for me, so I was surprised he has a big filmography. His Acting was okay, but not amazing. I hated his character and I think the viewers should hate him. So I think he did a very good job.

The OST is amazing. I love all of the songs and I listen to the OST even now.

My plan to watch list is really long, but I am sure I will watch this drama again in the future.