Eulachacha Waikiki 2

drama-watcher
I've seen the first season & after finishing the second season, there are some differences.

First of all, not a lot of guests compared to the first season. I have often forget they owned a guesthouse and would be reminded when a random person comes ask them for something.

I think the comedy level has decrease from the first season but it still has its shared of comedy, though sometimes I did felt like it was forced and maybe the writers tried too hard to make something funny when it ended up being more annoying to me (Ex: Joon Ki pulling pranks on everybody). However, with the lessen in comedy, the writers made it up in the vulnerability of the characters. We got to see another side of the characters that I'm glad was shown. It shows the hard work, the hardships, and struggles when trying to reach your dreams. That gave me a sense of reality and I really appreciated that.

I also liked how each character got a spotlight in some episodes so there wasn't just 1 male lead or 1 female lead. Instead there were 3 male leads and 3 female leads. All of their stories, their dreams, & struggles were shown and that just gave these actors and actresses to show another side to them besides being funny. For me that highlight would be Joon Ki, when he suddenly got depressed after seeing another struggling actor facing a similar situation he went through. Overall, each character had a story and pretty much a beginning, middle, & end as well.

Romance though, just liked the first season, I didn't see much of it as I would've liked. Though I will admit, Ki Bong & Yoo Ri probably stole the spotlight in the romance department. They just had more screen time together and more interactions with each other, along with confessing their feelings a lot earlier. I saw the chemistry between Woo Shik & Soo Yeon in this drama. I was rooting for them but the writers just didn't do justice for them when it came to romance. Soo Yeon was too focus on her career so she never noticed Woo Shik in a boyfriend kind of way and that was disappointing. By the time they do end up together, it was too late for me because it occurred at the last episode, like the very last moment, and still, I wished Soo Yeon's lines would've been different. The connection I felt in the beginning and middle of the drama, was gone by the end. Joon Ki & Jung Eun, I felt like they should've just remained as friends. I kinda didn't like how the writers tried to pair them up in the end when there's really no chemistry between them other than friends.

Overall:
Story: The ending felt rushed. Some things (Ex: Ki Bong's dream of being a baseball player) all of the sudden came back to the plot after being gone for several episodes. The romance could've been a lot better for Woo Shik & Soo Yeon but I guess it kinda balanced out a little bit because of Ki Bong & Yoo Ri relationship. All the main characters played an important role because the writers showed their highs & lows in their lives.

Acting/Cast: I felt like this group bonded a whole lot more than season 1. They seemed a lot closer to each other. Some actors & actresses does outshine the others when it comes to specific scenes.

Music: I liked the osts played in this drama. It matches a lot of the scenes well. Though I may not add all to my music playlist, I personally liked the ost of Seol Ha Yoon - Forever More. This song, I would add to my playlist.

Rewatch: I probably wouldn't rewatch all of the episodes but probably specific episodes where each actor & actresses shine when it comes to showing their vulnerability.

Minarii
Firstly, I will not compare the two seasons in this review. And in case you are wondering - there's no need to watch the first season and then start the second, they are not connected. Of course both seasons are good so you can watch both, why not.

I am a person who doesn't laugh easily at dramas. It's very hard for a drama to make me cry from laughter, but Eulachacha Waikiki 2 somehow managed to do it. The comedy element in this is perfect, the screenwriter has a sense of humour, he did a brilliat job with the script.

Of course what makes Eulachacha Waikiki 2 so special are all the characters. Each of them has it's own charm and you can comfortaby connect with their personalities. I could easily relate to their life struggles-- actually, everyone can relate to them, because the problems they all went through are so familiar to every one of us - giving up on your dreams, not being able to do what you love the most, money, friendship, dating etc etc. Seeing them suffereing makes you feel sad and you can can't help but love them even more. Despite being a sitcom, Waikiki 2 adds some depth to the plotline which makes it meaningful. It's not just focusing on comedy and I loved that the most. It's not there just to make you laugh, but also think and feel.

We have three couples here and my favourite is Ki Bong and Yoo Ri. At first I didn't like Yoo Ri at all, she seemed too selfish and impudent, but as the story progressed, I fell in love with her and she became my favourite character. I believe they are the perfect match with Ki Bong and their interractions always made me so happy. I didn't care that much about the other two couples, I don't really know why. I liked Jun Ki and Jung Eun as friends, but nothing more. Jun Ki was legendary here (as always) and I didn't want to see him in a romantic relationship, I wanted the story to focus only on his character and his struggles because he has the funniest personallity. I think I liked Woo Shik and So Yeon the least - their story is the reason why I'm not giving the highest possible rating. I feel like they dragged the plot too much and it became a little boring. But at least we have the friendship between Woo Shik, Jun Ki and Ki Bong.

All the actors/actresses did a great job. But, of course, kudos to Lee Yi Kyung - this man is born to play in comedy dramas. His expressions were the funniest! It was also nice seeing Kim Ye Won playing different kind of role.

Overall, Waikiki 2 is a good watch. I hope you give it a try because it will make you happy for sure.

NamAnh
First of all, I loved this drama. It was a intriguing mix of comedy and romance. The drama was well produced and fresh, and also was interesting for me the whole way through. I never got bored.

Plot:
The plot/story was fast paced, which I can appreciate because it prevented any boredom. Although I was a little bit disappointed with the ending of the drama in episode 16, the rest of the plot was intriguing, simple and heart-felt. I was disappointed in the ending mainly because the main characters didn't achieve success over the span of three years. We also didn't get to see Joon-Ki and Jung-Eun's relationship happen or develop. What happened to her boyfriend? On the other hand, the comedy in this drama is gold. I would like to congratulate JTBC and the screen-writers on that. The plot was very light-hearted and heart-warming. It was all hearts.

Acting/Cast:
I liked the cast. I watched this drama because of the prequel, but I was happy to see Kim Sun-Ho (Cha Woo-Shik) in it. I know him from Two Cops. I was also familiar with Lee Yi Kyung and Kim Ye Won from other dramas. Didn't Kook Ki Bong's actor Shin Hyun Soo make an appearance in season 1 as the model with smelly feet? As the main cast were so good at acting, they made Ahn Soo Hee (Kim Jung Eun) look bad. She is not as experience as the others so it is reasonable though. I am also a fan of Moon Ga Young now. She is adorable, pretty, talented and awesome.

OST:
The ost was alright. It suited the situations and drama, but the music is not something I would listen to without the drama.

I think the theme is 'effort'. The main characters put in a lot of effort to try to succeed in their respective industries. The message I think the director is trying to convey is that you should work hard for good results. On the other hand, although this is not the message being conveyed, it could be the negative message of hard work = bad results. The protagonists were still unsuccessful after three years. Although they started succeeding and things started going right, it all went down the drain, and after three years they were still unknown and unsuccessful. Maybe we should be like the actor who took JunKi's role for that movie. Maybe we should cheat and use connections.

The drama was good in conclusion and have given it a rating of 9.0.
; )

mamichu
There will be two parts to this review. The first part focuses on this season of Eulachacha Waikiki on its own and the second part compares both seasons 1 and 2.

1st part:
First of all, it is not necessary to watch the first season of Eulachacha Waikiki in order to start this season. It was briefly explained at the beginning of the first episode how things came about and why there's a new set of people (except for the character Lee Jun Ki (played by Lee Yi Kyung). The story pacing is sort of slow in terms of development, but also fast when it came to other things. It seems that the production team struggled with creating a story line that would be balanced enough that the audience wouldn't feel that things are progressing too slow or too fast. Particularly, I found that things were very rushed and crammed in the last 2 episodes (which I'm guessing left a lot of viewers like myself a little disappointed?)

In terms of acting, it was as you would expect from a sit-com drama and the actors did well portraying their respective characters. Particularly, I was fond of Jun Ki (from S1; but he is still the same for this season), Ki Bong, and Yu Ri. Their characters were the type that would draw you in and keep you enjoying each episode. There was also Jung Eun, Woo Shik, and Soo Yeon that have their own charms that are not really at your face, but you'll find yourself rooting for them and their dreams. Although I must admit that it was rather difficult to get invested with Jung Eun's character (played by Ahn So Hee) at first because you're not entirely sure what she's going to bring to the table, but towards the middle you'll start to see that the actress has grown relaxed with her character.

The OST and the use of music was alright and I am glad that they still used the same theme song from the first season.

Overall, I believe that Eulachacha Waikiki 2 is a good drama to watch. Many could relate to the characters, situations, and circumstances especially when it came to working for one's dreams. It would make you smile, laugh, and empathise with the characters' stories.

2nd part:
It would be difficult not to compare this season to the first season when the first one had set the bar up high (the series even got an extension because people loved it so much!) It cannot be helped that some actors could not return (due to different reasons) and therefore the favourite main characters that we know and love from the 1st season are just stories of the past in this season. I do admit that the way that they brushed aside the previous characters wasn't really the best...? I was especially upset about Seo Jin and Jun Ki's relationship ending the way it did when they made us fall for their story in the 1st season.

This season focused more about the characters' dreams/jobs and romantic relationships whereas the 1st season seemed to have a better balance and also included more involvement of the actual guesthouse into its plot. Where we could see the friendships and romantic relationships gradually developing and working out in the 1st season, the 2nd season seemed to feel more... rushed and forced (this is just my opinion)? It was obvious which characters would end up together because the writers were putting their characters in such a way that could hopefully(?) put them together. It also borrows some elements in terms of moving the (romantic) plot along from the 1st season and it just felt sort of a repetition. Also, as I have mentioned above, they have dragged some of the romantic progressions throughout the entire series that the last 2 episodes just went "They're together now!" only 'cause those 2 characters were made to interact more with each other than with the rest of the cast. And... the writers seemed to only know one method to make characters realise their romantic feelings ASAP — one word: jealousy. If there is any romantic storyline that could convince you to watch this season, it's Ki Bong and Yu Ri's. Their relationship progress seemed to naturally happen and their characters are loveable and cute.

Speaking of characters, Jun Ki was still Jun Ki in this season. I hoped more for him in terms of his career as an actor, but he still remained as an unpopular/unknown actor here too. Though I'm glad that they kept his car, Rebecca, because she was an important character from the 1st season! Woo Shik is more timid than Dong Goo. He is also more... at the back in terms of the entire plot? He is an aspiring singer and that is shown in the drama enough, but not as much as his feelings for Soo Yeon. It can be argued that Dong Goo's storyline in 1st season involved a lot of romantic feelings for Yoon Ah, but he was still present as brother for Seo Jin, as a friend for Jun Ki and Doo Shik, and the main caretaker of the guesthouse. Sure, Jun Ki, Ki Bong, and Woo Shik were written to be friends, but I believe that we could see more of this friendship aspect from the 1st season with Jun Ki, Doo Shik, and Dong Goo. As for Ki Bong, his character was such a nice addition because you just want to root for him so bad and you would want the best for him. I also hoped more from Jung Eun as the character who would hopefully fill in the shoes of Seo Jin, but I am sorry to say that the actress's "meh" portrayal (in the beginning at least) was... disconnecting, and the writers seemed to not have an idea how to do this. She is also an unknown actor like Jun Ki and they are best friends, but the writers focused on her feelings towards Jun Ki and forgetting to show that she is working hard to reach her goals too. Yu Ri's character was a nice touch to the series as she acts as everyone's older sister and looks after the younger ones and gives them advices or moral support. Her relationship with Woo Sik, her brother, was fun to watch. It's adorable how she calls him "brother." Lastly, there is Soo Yeon who I felt the most disconnected to. Unlike Soo Ah from the 1st season, the introduction of Soo Yeon seemed to be only for the romantic feelings of Woo Sik for her. She also had dreams and the drama has shown her working for that, but that also made it that she is distant with the other characters (with the exception of Woo Sik). They are shown to be interacting, but there are barely any that you could fully consider them as "close." At least, that's how it appeared when I watched the drama.

As a whole, the 1st season seemed to be written a lot better than the 2nd season. This is in terms of plot, romantic plot, development, and characters. Everything seemed to tie in together, their relationships and friendships were well connected. The 2nd season was enjoyable too, but probably not as quite enjoyable or relatable than the 1st season. It can be argued that the 1st season is better in this sense because of the extension, but that really is not a good reason to organise the plot of the 2nd season to fit 16 episodes. I really do think that the production team could have done a lot better. Hence my middle-ish rating for this title. Perhaps my expectations were too high? Or perhaps it really is just that they have failed to deliver a just as good writing for this season? I have no idea, but it doesn't take away that this drama was fun and entertaining to watch. I would still recommend that others watch it regardless of having seen the 1st season or not. It is still a good drama (if you just maybe overlook the ending like I did)!

Yoon se ah
Well i think there is nothing to compare from the first part.Not worth like the prequel. honestly iam very impressed the way they started this show. Looks like all the characters and actors except le junki are new and for me its like more unfamiliar with the new faces.but even i started becoz i liked the prequel very much. As i said earlier they started realy well in the beginning but some part of the middle of this drama its felt like little boring. Yes we all knew about what will heppen next but the biggest down was lack of comedy and too much concentration on something else, in some episodes

The performance are really top class from each and every characters. I personally like lejunki and frm the female leads i like jung euna,she was very cute and interesting through out the show. Its only for fun so there no point on looking the other factors. The finale 2 episodes are really good with a decent climax..

Overall i think everyone should give a try and you won't feel bad.

Shravya
it was a really good drama .....but if I had to choose between season 1 and season 2 , I would choose season one..
season two had a good start n was really great but at the end it wasn't the funny ..I expected a more interesting episodes
after watching the first episode . but really enjoyed the drama . actors did a great job . lee junki is my fav character .he did a great . its worth to watch, you won't fell bored will enjoy throughout the drama ...
the best comedy drama , I would recommend this drama if anyone like comedy ..I was not particular interested in comedy but after watching season I personally loved it .

Did we need a second season of Eulachacha Waikiki? No. The first season pretty much concluded everything. Now, I am not says that the second season wasn't funny. At that part at least, it followed the first season's footsteps and it had some funny moments.
HOWEVER the romance was weak, at least most of it. The story was okay, but they didn't explain what happened to the other characters from the first season. Especially how Joon Ki ended up with the guest house or what happened to his girlfriend. Plus, the side stories were a bit so so and sometimes, boring. Finally, the story at the end was rushed.
So, six out of ten.

erazen
For me this season was good, I really enjoyed the plot and found new favorite characters, too. And I was excited to see Kim Ye Won since I have loved all her acting in other dramas.
My favorite character number 1 was definitely Ki Bong. Then (of course) Yoo Ri, Joon Ki (and Rebecca).
Joon Ki was great as always, his laugh is still the best and with Jung Eun had an enjoyable story. Then there was Woo Shik and Soo Yeon. Even from the start, her character annoyed me so I wasn´t surprised that through whole drama I didn´t grow fond of her. However, I liked Woo Shik, I found their relationship story boring and skipped most of their scenes. And now my most beloved couple Ki Bong and Yoo Ri: they were so adorable, perfect, cute,... and I loved their ending.
In conclusion, this drama made me laugh, cry and adore Ki Bong & Yoo Ri couple, and I really liked it.

Brownie
Probably one of the few who really enjoyed this and didn’t constantly compare it to the prequel which I also loved. You don’t need to have watched season one to watch this one because it’s a different plot.

I almost missed out on watching this drama because I didn’t like the idea of not having the same cast because I was truly attached to them but I watched it for Lee Ki Kyung (Joon Ki) and I’m honestly glad that I did. I thought five of the main characters were really funny and enjoyable to watch.

Only letdown for me was Kim Jung Eun. To me she was quite a pointless character who did nothing but sticking her oar into other people’s business - which for me made her super annoying! Some of her scenes were funny but nothing memorable.

I love the different type of feeling I got from watching this drama especially as there were some episodes that made me feel sad to the point of where I started to cry.

I’d will definitely be rewatching this especially when I need a bit of a pick me up.

I do recommend this drama because not only is it funny but it also tugged at the heart strings for me.

kdN7
[Just minor spoilers ahead! Not a lot tbh.]

Just like many others who watched and loved Season 1, I was hesitant to start Season 2. Would it be as fun as the first time? Would the characters be as enjoyable to watch as in the first season? The first two episodes suggested not but as the show started to follow the sitcom-like format they did in S1, it started to feel much better. The more I watched, the more I fell in love with it as I did in S1! In fact, the characters are perhaps even more adorable than in the previous one. The Ki Bong-Yuri couple was so cute; so was Woo Shik and Soo Yeon but unfortunately they rushed the couple getting together at the end.

The show had some issues though and I felt super sad for Jung Eun who barely got any screentime throughout the show. She seemed just like Jun Ki's sidekick and unlike the other 5 housemates, her personality was just a 'normal part-time worker' and an aspiring actress. Then they pretty much ditched that plotline in favour of Yu Ri and Ki Bong so she didn't have much time to shine (not too much complains though - KB & YR were awesome). Some of the jokes were pretty much a repeat from the first season and much of the storyline was predictable.

Nonetheless, the show was super fun and in typical Waikiki fashion, the slice-of-life feels will make you all warm and fuzzy inside you. Hope you will enjoy the two seasons of Waikiki as much as I did.