Hotel del Luna (2019) poster

tvN Dramas
Noona Romance

Richel
Sep 1, 2019
I like the concept of “playing devil’s advocate.” But when it comes to examining dramas, I don’t play around (usually. Get some sugar in my system and we’ll see otherwise). Thus, this review will consist of me gravely defending the “devil’s” opinion that Hotel Del Luna is an okay show...but also that it's not too much beyond that.

If ghost stories lie within your watching preferences, perhaps you would have a better time with Hotel Del Luna. As for myself, I was not a fan of the overall plot. It came off as a tad too shallow. For one, there’s a severe imbalance between plot filler (which is how I classify every individual ghost’s story, each of which occupies 80% of each episode) and the truly interesting main plot, which falls off to the wayside. Unless you enjoy brief appearances of random guest ghosts, you’ll probably end up like me: sitting through over an hour’s worth of time per episode, helplessly asking when the Hong Sisters will address Man Wol’s story—which is rarely, until you cross the halfway point of the entire show. What the writers do with Man Wol’s history when it is addressed feels lackluster, if only due to all the unnecessary time buildup prior to it.

The real problem is that we are hardly given reasons to care about each visiting ghost in any major emotional capacity. Although they have interesting stories, it’s a bit like walking down a city sidewalk: you see someone with a pretty wardrobe, “ooh” at it for a second, and then forget your appreciative impressions of it an hour later. Maybe it seems as if I’m being coldhearted, but as much as the Hong Sisters try to emphasize that these ghosts were human with human sufferings, the way the show frequently relies on shock value and horror elements over the ghosts’ pain and healing resulted in me not being able to build true sympathy for these souls. Imagine repeating this apathy for every episode: it’s exhausting trying to force an emotional connection.

The only saving grace of Hotel Del Luna is Man Wol. The way IU presents her character’s conflicting ego and heart is as poignant as it is mysterious, and she executes the identity of a CEO with a low economic IQ with hilarity. Had it not been for this quirkiness of Man Wol’s character, I would not have stuck around until the end. And that’s despite my love for Yeo Jin Goo: though his acting is excellent as always, Chan Sung is a perfect example of a supporting character who hides behind the guise of being a “main character.” There’s only one protagonist in this story, her name being Man Wol. There’s nothing wrong with this, but it is a bit of a letdown that everyone else has the potential to be equally interesting, yet doesn’t get nearly enough development. Chan Sung, for example, is a nobody—beyond pushing Man Wol to address her emotional wounds, he doesn’t possess the individualism that a lead character should have. This means that while the interactions between him and Man Wol may be compelling to watch, the moment that you isolate Chan Sung away from her, he devolves into a character who’s mediocre at best and painfully boring at worst. Seeing as I view Chan Sung like this, that should give you a pretty good idea of what I think of the other supporting characters: meh.

That all being said, I can see the reasons behind the hype. I just wouldn’t say that they’re justified: gorgeous cinematography, a cast list riddled with famous names, and an amazing soundtrack are all great assets to have within a drama. If future shows could continue Hotel Del Luna’s ability to create an effective atmosphere, I would have zero complaints. But what use is all of that if the show at its core doesn’t match up to the level of its decorations? Hotel Del Luna is almost sadly entertaining in that it may be fun in the moment, but doesn’t leave a deep enough impression to be phenomenal.

phil
Sep 1, 2019

An aesthetically pleasing, original fantasy drama

When I saw that IU would be cast in this drama, I felt that I had to give it a shot, and I'm glad to say that for the most part, it did not disappoint. Without a doubt, Hotel Del Luna is my favourite kdrama of 2019. There is plenty to love about this drama, ranging from its stunning cinematography, decent storyline, excellent cast, oh and how could I forget: the most beautiful OST in kdramaland.

Plot/Storyline:
I thought that the writing was pretty solid throughout the drama. It is refreshing to watch a drama that ventures into foreign territory and breaks free of the traditional kdrama tropes and cliches to explore the less commonly visited genres of horror (though I wouldn't really consider this drama to be scary at all) and fantasy + romance. The plot is layered and has some depth, with plenty of twists and turns to keep you on the edge. The main character Man Weol's story captivates you right from the get-go, as the show uses flashbacks very well to reveal small snippets of her past at a time, causing you to be curious about her past, and eager to find out more. The generous use of humour also helps to balance out some of the heavier, more emotional scenes, while also allowing the drama to be easy and fun to watch throughout its lengthy episodes. Personally, the ending did not play out exactly how I had hoped it would, but it was fitting to the themes of this drama and very beautiful to watch, as well as very emotional. The drama explores the themes/ideas of 'letting go', 'resentment', 'unselfish love' and 'forgiveness', which are all very meaningful, thought-provoking ideas, not just in the context of this drama, but these themes also have a place in our lives as well.

Elaboration on themes for those that are curious:
For example, the drama shows that it takes a greater act of love to let go than to hang on, which the same can be said about many situations in life. Suppose this: a severely ill person is given a few months to live. His family can choose to convince him to receive the surgery that would extend his lifespan by a significant amount, but which would also drastically reduce his quality of life (place him in a vegetative state), or let him die naturally of his illness. One may argue here that the greater act of love is to let go and allow the man to live out the rest of his days to the fullest, eventually dying a dignified death, rather than trying to desperately hang on and cause the dying man even more pain. Don't quote me on this sketchy analogy, but this is my best effort at trying to explain the themes that the writers explore in this drama.

Cinematography:
the cinematography of this drama is frankly top-notch, and can be compared to the likes of dramas such as Goblin. It is that good. The elements of fantasy were conveyed by great camerawork, skillful use of special effects, and excellent editing. The drama truly bought the supernatural fantasy world of ghosts to life, creating a vivid and charismatic viewing experience. It is difficult to describe in words, but once you see it for yourself I'm sure you'd agree that it is spectacular. The production team also did a phenomenal job of picking out Man Weol's outfits. IU looked absolutely incredible in pretty much all of her scenes, and I've lost count of the number of unique, beautiful outfits that she wore throughout the drama.

Acting:
the cast for this drama is a highlight for me. After watching IU's brilliant performance in 'My Mister', she was one of the main reasons I came across this drama in the first place. The drama is largely centred around her character Man Weol, and she absolutely nails her performance. She plays her character like it is second nature to her, effortlessly conveying emotions through her facial expressions, while also managing to bring out the complexity of her character. Her character is the focus of the drama, and IU does an excellent job in portraying her character's growth arc in the drama, all while making it seem very believable and authentic. And as a bonus, she looks absolutely gorgeous flaunting her giant wardrobe of high-end clothing. Furthermore, this drama exposed me to Yeo Jin Goo, who also delivers a very commendable effort and holds his own against IU. He appears to be much more mature than his age (considering he is only 22 years old), and the scenes of him breaking down emotionally feel raw and sincere. The chemistry between IU and Jin Goo both on and off the screen is also evident, and the relationship they develop seems to be very natural and genuine. The supporting cast also complements our two leads well, providing some comedic relief and some interesting side-story.

Soundtrack:
Although the soundtrack is supposed to complement a drama, Hotel Del Luna's soundtrack is far from ordinary and deserves a shoutout. Not only does the OST include big-name artists including the likes of Taeyeon, Punch and Heize, the tracks also have excellent synergy with the drama. The OST helps to effortlessly set the mood of multiple scenes and makes the emotional scenes even more powerful. There are many excellent tracks in the OST, but the standout for me is the special, unreleased OST by IU that is used at the end of one of the episodes. This track only plays once throughout the drama, but it merges into the emotional scene perfectly and elevates it to another level. (end of ep 12, )

Overall, this drama performs strongly across the board and ticks many of the right boxes for me, other than a few imperfections here and there. Although I wouldn't call this drama perfect, it comes pretty damn close in my books. I think I'm already experiencing withdrawal symptoms having finished the final episode an hour ago. It has been one heck of a ride, and now that it's over I feel like there is an empty void within me that's not going to be easy to fill. But giving credit where credit is due, hats off to the Hotel Del Luna team, as they have created something quite special and unique. Worth a watch, especially if you're an IU fan, as this drama is all about her.

MacaronsAndSakuraTea
Sep 1, 2019
The director of My Love from the Star and While You Were Sleeping, Oh Choong-hwan and the dynamic sister writing duo, Hong: Jung-eun and Mi-ran of The Greatest Love and Master's Sun repute collaborated for the first time and masterfully cast a very potent spell by transporting us to the spooktacular world of Hotel del Luna, a place of healing and rejuvenation for ghosts as they teeter on the precipice between the mortal world and the great beyond.

Every episode of Hotel del Luna is amusing, captivating, intriguing, stirring, and thrilling due to the perfect balancing of humour, fantasy, myth-making, drama, romance, and horror further enhanced by the gorgeous costumery of the female lead, visually-dazzling production, heartstrings-tugging soundtrack music, cameo roles, and socially-relevant sub-plots that tackled: molka epidemic; prevailing patriarchal assumptions; and toxic netizen culture.

Two of the most popular young actors today, Lee Ji-eun or better known as IU and Yeo Jin-goo exude palpable chemistry in their memorable lead performances as Jang Man-wol and Gu Chan-seong, respectively. The accursed millenium-old Man-wol is the alluring, chic, ethereal, luxurious, and petulant chatelaine of the mystical and marvellous Hotel of the Moon while the dashing, dutiful, empathetic, and courageous Harvard graduate Gu Chan-seung serves as the hotel's 99th or current human manager.

Veteran thespian Seo Yi-sook leads the trio of superb supporting cast as the mysterious deity with several identical manifestations. She is joined by Shin Jung-geun who plays the 500 y/o untimely-killed Joseon top scholar-turned-hotel bartender and by Bae Hae-sun, the 200 y/o grudgeful murdered daughter-in-law of a privileged clan who is the hotel's meticulously efficient room service supervisor. Also starring are promising actors Lee Do-hyun and Lee Tae-sun; idols P.O and Mina; and Cho Hyun-cheul and Park Yoo-na. Jung Dong-hwan as ex-Manager Noh and Kang Ho-seok as Grim Reaper are also endearing in the portrayal of their special characters.

Hotel del Luna, although a fantastical drama, is actually a foray into the reality of life. It teaches among other things: that like flowers from the moon tree, life is beautiful yet fleeting - and so, we must make the most out of it; that humans are endowed with the ability to make choices and are consequently tasked to bear responsibility for the choices they made; that life is not always easy or fair - as such, we must learn to play the hand we're dealt with much courage and grace; that if the past is a source of suffering or ill-feelings, we must learn to let go and make peace with it and with ourselves if there's nothing anymore that can be done about it; that our way of thinking and feeling can have a powerful outcome or influence; that revenge is sweet for it provides an outlet for pent-up aggression and wounded feelings, but, at the same time, it is also burdensome and masochistically painful for it recoils and does not diminish with time, thus inflicting endless pain on the person who exacted vengeance; that forgiveness has a rending and liberating power; that love has a transmogrifying power which can contour our character - either for the worse or for the better; and as Gu Chan-seung has perfectly shown us - that true love is self-abnegating or it makes you forget yourself and seek the welfare of your beloved.

Unfailingly riveting until the end, Hotel del Luna will for sure hold a place in the hearts of many of us. A big kudos to the writers, director, actors, and production crew for making this drama an enjoyable and worthwhile watch.

Poia
Sep 2, 2019
Hotel Del Luna is one of the most hyped drama of 2019, accomplices of this hype is the pairing of IU/Yeo Jin Goo with Hong sisters screenwriters. Unfortunately the drama failed on so many level that, despite this two great premise, I cannot consider it a good drama.

The plot is totally unbalanced when it came to quality of writing, one part of the story is about Jang Man Wol's past and her personal story, a wonderful story about a character who is serving an eternal punishment for a revenge happened in the past. The flashback moments are basically the best part of this show and the contrast between old/present Jang Man Wol is superb, IU did a great job in portraying different personalities.
Instead of making a drama entirely dedicated to this plot, the Hong Sisters decided to fill in the rest of the drama with boring sub-plot about hotel management and ghost hunting. Qualitatively speaking, the present story doesn't hold up to the past story.

In addition, the Hong sisters failed to develop interesting characters outside IU's role. None of the other characters can compete with IU's performance, the show was made for her, written for her and invested tons of "money" on her, with beautiful outfits, make-up and accessories. It almost seems that the Hong sister first wrote the role of IU and her personal story, then when they realized that they had to fill 16 episodes they added crap as much as they could.

Even the great Yeo Jin Go couldn't do much about it, his role was weak from the start, a scary kid that end up working in a hotel full of ghost, despite his good acting skills, the personality of his character wasn't strong enough to compete with IU's charater. Other characters were mere filler, they explained a bit about them but most of the sub-plots were closed only during the last 4 episodes, sign that the show didn't give them much space and importance.

The romance is another giant failure of this show, the initial chemistry felt between IU and Jin Goo during the first episode disappear complety when the role of Go Chung Myung came out. I was too curious about their story to care about a Jin Goo, in addition IU and Ji Goo moments together were very slow and the romance take a long time to sail.

If we consider that most of the drama was shot inside the hotel, the director had to exploit a lot of other elements to entertain the viewer, as already said, they have invested a lot in the appearance of IU, with beautiful outfits. They also used a lot of scenes that provided color games (the tree in the hotel) and the beautiful soundtrack. But as I always say, making the most of some good element of the drama doesn't hide a weak and poorly written script.

They say that Hong sister are a hit or a miss, HDL was a miss and it survived only thanks to the hype.

scorpia
Sep 1, 2019
This may be the only drama, after Goblin, that made me cry- and I'm not much of a weeper!

The story line was new and refreshing, and it was filled with moments that were relatable, hilarious and heart breaking. After watching the final episode,I came to the conclusion that this was, in my opinion, one of the many masterpieces of Korean television. The actors all had great chemistry together, especially the main leads. I really liked the way each relationship was explained and portrayed. Because if this, the last episode had me bawling my eyes out as we said goodbye to each of the staff members. Also, the ending to me was brilliant. The way that they all were connected in their next lives made me so happy as I felt like they all got the happy endings that they deserved, especially Man Wol and Chan Sung.
Don't even get me started on the OSTs for the drama. Although most of them were quite slow and emotional, each artist brought their own flavour. My personal favourite was Done For Me by Punch as I really enjoyed the music, and the lyrics had so much meaning behind them.
Overall, I can say without a doubt that this drama is an incredible story, and is now one of my all time favourite dramas ever!
P.S. I really wish that Kim Soo Hyun's cameo in episode 16 was a hint at a possible season 2?

sweetdream
Sep 1, 2019
If you want to watch a romance comedy drama with some thrills then this is a must. The storyline doesn't get boring in the middle or you won't have to worry about the acting quality since everyone that showed up nailed it. It has great OST that match with the story and the ending is what you'd expect that is not disappointing.

Each episodes contains Goo Chan Sung trying to help the ghost go in peace while Man Weol unexpectedly ending up helping him through his persistent. The chemistry between the two grows as Chan Sung persistently work his way through Man Weol's heart. There is a lot of special guest coming in throughout many episodes, but even the surprises will make your heart go wild.

Overall, I give it a 10 star (not for exaggeration) but it had a great flow of story, great actors/actresses, and also OST!

Kate
Sep 2, 2019
I am not going to lie, I felt extremely frustrated while watching this drama. It had amazing potential but close to nothing worked out. The beauty: amazing cinematography and styling of our main character, and the beast: the plot.

There is honestly not much to say about the characters, since the only one that had true depth was Man Wol. She was the centre of the drama and IU did amazing job representing her development and gradual change. Chang Sung could have worked way better if it wasn't for Chung Myung. All the rest characters we simply did not spent enough time with to truly care about. I must say, Sanchez was my favorite and he was the breath of fresh air. That said, all the problems I had with characters could have been solved by better writing. Let me explain (yes, this is a rant review):

>> Kim Seon Bi/Choi Seo Hee/Ji Hyun Joong aka when writers does not care <<
Out of all their stories, only Seo Hee's had some depth to it and made sense. Kim Seon Bin's story was extremely random, there were close to no hints about his previous life so I did not even care to speculate what happen to him. Hyun Joong past life story had the least sense. How did his sister do not recognize, that the guy taking care of her was not her brother. Any family member can easily recognize the voice of their relatives. Especially since she went blind and relied on what she heard way more. How did his family not ask any questions, why did they recognized her and not him? You could say it was a war so they did not see him for a long time, but the same would applied to the sister. Hong sisters did not care enough about those characters to spend time to truly explain and develop the stories they had. They had the material for good 8 episodes for Man Wol's story and had to fill the rest with random storylines without thinking too much about them. I could not feel emotional about them all leaving and the end coz all I could think about was: It all does not make any sense.
I also believe it would be better to sent away the character around episode 10/12, and not just have them all gone in last 2 episodes. We could slowly see how Man Wol is realizing all the people she loves and cares about are gone and moving on to the afterlife. How the ones that stay behind struggle with the loss. We would see her being more concern about how will Chan Sung deal in the future. Them gradually leaving would have more impact on both the characters and the story line.

>> Chan Sung/Chung Myung aka the failed romance <<
While I enjoyed Chan Sung at the beginning, the moment we got more scenes with Chung Myung and the past story developed into something interesting, I could not focus on the present. Chan Sung was simply boring character that was there only for Man Wol's story to develop and he had nothing going on for himself. When we met another male character that had a past romantic relationship with Man Wol but also was it's own character, it was easy to forget our male lead. I could not care less about the Chan Sung and Man Wol romance. The characters balanced each other perfectly, but with such a captivating past story, they simply could not top it for me. At the end of the day I wished for more flashback and less present plot. And I rather have them as friends than as romantic partners.

>> Kim Yoo Na aka no one truly cares about anything <<
While I enjoyed Yoo Na, I do believe they should have made her a more tragic of a character. Yet again there was no depth to the story. Show me how much she struggles to fit in that new house, how she misses her old friends and family and she is tired of pretending to be someone else. Sadly, we did not see any of that. She was there for a plot convenience and side romance, but yet again, there was nothing to her character of it's own.

>> All the hotel cases aka when you try too hard to please the viewers <<
I did not truly like any of the random hotel cases, but I hated some more than others. The most random one with the humans having sex in the hotel room to have some superior child in the future. I was truly confused why this plot line was in the drama. My friend asked if it's a football commercial, it was so out of place. There were too many cases, so at the end none of them was developed or complex. They tried to fit any genre (horror, crime, romance, melo, etc.) into the drama, just to make sure any viewer can find something they may like. At the end of the day most of the end results were mediocre at best.

>> Disney ending aka when you are afraid to commit to the tragedy <<
None of the characters involved in the drama had truly tragic ending. Which was extremely unrealistic. It could be easily fixed. Make Yoona too late to say goodbye to Hyun Joong. After Seo Hee goes to the bridge, cut the the mother registering the baby with the father's surname because of the grandparents. Make the book about Seon Bi flop. I would even like for Chung Myung to vanish because he used all the energy looking after Man Wol, even tho I loved his character. The Song sisters wanted to show us how sad, tragic, emotional the feeling of loss is, but they did not want to show the truly ugly side of it, just the romantic one. Because of that, the ending felt bland. Not to mention the "reincarnation" ending scene when somehow (god knows how) they all were born again in the perfectly timed manner so when they "meet" in the future they will be the same age as they were while working in the hotel.

Overall , during the whole watch, there was literally (and I truly mean it) only one time when I thought "wow, this is a good writing, I finally feel the playoff" and it was with how they used the Coffee Writer Dude. They spent just enough time for us to be carious about him and wonder what will happen to him,when he will go to afterlife.

At the end, Hong Sisters' had an amazing idea, about an amazing character, and no idea what to do with the rest. Trying to fit too many stories of too many characters made this drama a... mess.

addicted2dramas
Sep 1, 2019
I'm writing a review after a long time with fresh feelings.

I just now finished watching Hotel Del Luna and boy oh boy - it was pretty much the same I felt about it ep 5 onwards.
Most of Hong Sister dramas have been a hit or miss for me and this falls closer to miss than hit.

Story/Premise: I was looking forward to it since months ago when IU started teasing about this drama on her Instagram. The premise seemed fun and the first few episodes were solid. Then from ep 5 it started becoming repetitive and the episodic format lost its pull for me. I was more interested in the main characters than the useless subplots introduced every week in an episodic format. Some were good and most were just meh. There are two parts to the drama : the flashbacks and the modern story. The flashback was solid and a winner for me since the beginning to the end. In fact I was way more invested in the flashbacks than the ongoing struggles of our characters.

Acting/Cast: IU was good for me in her role. This is not the best she has done nor the worst. But she is definitely one of the highlights of the entire cast. She carried it strongly with her presence for most part and was a delight to look at. She is so PRETTY. Yeo Jin Goo did nothing for me here and I say this as his big fan of past projects. I feel like he lacked the maturity to play this particular character and it would be better for him to take on lighter and more youthful roles. Then again, most child actors fail to shine once they get older (I might be triggering some of his fans here but just being honest). I felt no chemistry between the leads although individually they weren't the worst. The hotel side characters were all good actors expect PO. He was just cringey and horrible and even a rookie like Mina was better by a step- but who cast this girl? I LOVE the actors in the flashbacks. I see a lot of potential in both who played Chung Myung and Yeon Woo (I am poor with names). I am not familiar with their past works but would love to check out more in the future.

Music: The OST is solid. I would recommend the tracks by Punch (both), Taeyeon (it is lovely), Gummy and Paul Kim. Rest of the songs are good too but these ones stood out to me. I have them on repeat and will continue to for some time.

Final Thoughts: I feel like they had a nice idea that they failed to execute well. Romance with Yeo Jin Goo was a snoozefest for me. The premise was good but it was a weak and lackluster script. Had the writing and casting been better, it would have been one of my favourite dramas. I did enjoy the random references to variety shows and the celebrity cameos. The ending was fine for me and I wouldn't have settled for anything else after the way they set it up all along. I was not happy with how they ended the 'older story' loop because I was enjoying it too much. The last episode was sad but had nice moments. I think the best part was the epilogue. This universe comes to a certain next stage and watch it yourself to check out who they cast for the "sequel". It was a surprise and I can't wait for it. ^_^

park
Apr 18, 2020
Sadly, Hotel del Luna's fanciness couldn't make up for story's lack of coherence and sentiments.
The extravagant hotel for the ghosts and the splendid clothes of its owner didn't quite impress me. Each episode has the same dreary pattern of spirits struggling and protagonists babbling at the end. After the first half of the show, I found myself neither interested nor thrilled. The answers were already laid out so I didn't get the point of dragging out the story. The antagonists which I once thought as formidable opponents were easily gulled and defeated. Indeed, there is a fine line between a show with a high caliber script and one with a mere show-off wardrobe.

samantha
Sep 4, 2019
Hotel del Luna is one of my favorite k-dramas of 2019, and in my opinion, is not just a hyped up drama that doesn't meet it's expectations.

STORY:
I've seen many complaints of the fact that Hotel del Luna was heavily filled with filler arcs and did not focus on the main story enough. However, I disagree, the filler arcs were not pointless, in fact, without them the story wouldn't make sense. I thought that the filler arcs served the important purpose of showing the character growth of Man Weol as well as the side characters throughout the story. After each arc, Man Weol learned another lesson and changed to become the person she is by the end of the drama. And for someone who's not a fan of filler arcs I didn't feel bored by them at all. I thought that the story was well paced and not slow despite the filler arcs. There were suspenseful and unexpected moments that made the drama interesting watch, and there was a good balance between the horror, romance, and comedy aspects of the show.

ACTING/CAST:
Man Weol definitely was the star of the show with a refreshing personality and complex backstory that made her character so appealing. She was hilarious and badass, but still had flaws and scars like any normal person. However, the other characters were just as good. The employees of the hotel also had their own backstories and character growth. I enjoyed the banter and interactions between them, and they definitely added to the enjoyment of this drama. I thought that the chemistry between the entire cast was great.
There were also complaints that compared to Man Weol, Chan Seong's character was lackluster. To some extent I agree, his personality and traits were nothing unique, but he didn't need to be, I thought that his normalness compared to crazy ghost world was his charm that separated him and made him a lead character. He was a good balance to the extravagance of Man Weol, and his loyalty and ability to sacrifice for others was admirable.

MUSIC/CINEMATOGRAPHY/ETC:
The cinematography was beautiful and the music was just as amazing, but one random thing that just happened to catch my eye was the fact that Man Weol literally changed her outfit like 5 times in an episode. Her outfits has to be one of my favorite things because they were beautiful and just perfectly matched the extravagant nature of her character.

Ksheeraja Shrinivas
Sep 3, 2019
So basically I started to watch this drama because of Yeo Jin Goo and IU. Had pretty good hopes. This drama gave me more than what I expected. Oh Choong Hwan and Hong Sisters have certainly given what we wanted.
The CG was damn cool and amazing. The story keeps you stuck to the screen and makes you watch the episode again to get hold of the mysteries going around (I almost watched each episode twice :P).
Talking about OSTs, they are seriously worth listening to. According to me, they have a major role in making the audience love the drama along with the amazing story.
About the actors: The cast has been chosen quite well, where you will love each and every character of the drama. The writers have given each and every character its own importance. IU, yes she is really beautiful and has done justice to her character and so has Yeo Jin Goo.
We cry with the characters, laugh with them and feel what they feel at the same time. The drama has also focused on some social issues which are a great way to reach people and make them aware.
If you are a fan of fantasy, comedy, and romance then this drama is certainly for you. For me, this has been the best drama of 2k19. Loved it to the core!!

Czarina_R
Sep 3, 2019
HDL or Hotel del luna was one of my most awaited dramas. I've been binge watching it from the start and to tell you it was my first ongoing drama. But this story is worth it.
Acting: I really never thought a combination of IU and Yeo Jin Goo. But after seeing this I started to ship this couple. I would especially highlight the work done by Jin Goo, he was just amazing. He is portrayed as a coward at the start but the way he transforms himself for IU was lovely.
Story: There is everything in the synopsis so I won't go with the detail. This story has a lot of fun elements and you'll never get bored. The thing which I liked the most was that it does not just focuses on the male lead or the female lead. But every single character's life is very well portrayed. Coming towards the end, it has lots of uos and downs. At some point you might feel like-" No this can't happen " But slowly you'll be able to overcome it.

Overall,... I loved it. And if you are planning to watch it, then please don't waste your time here and just go watch it now. It's worth your time..