I am watching it with English subtitles, so I am sure I am missing something. But while I understand the "Uncanny Counter" English title - they are "counters" and they have uncanny abilities, I do wonder at the alternative name "A wonderful rumor" - I haven't seen or heard of any rumors involved in the show, and I am on episode 15.

What did I miss?

hmm.. maybe the writer of the original webcomic wanted to make a play on word. I just know his name So Moon can also mean rumor.  So I guess it's like "The amazing So Moon" and that is why rumors about him are spreading in the world of the counters? 

Not the first time a comic character has a name with another meaning, only example I can think of right now is Sailor Moon, where all their names are related to the planets they represent. 

The phrase 'so mun' means 'rumor' in the Korean Language itself. To put simply, Mun was given a name that means 'rumor' even though the 'So' is his surname. As far as I know also  'Extraordinary Rumor' is the actual translation of it's Native Title, just sharing though but it therefore means the same that the title refers to Mun as the  Wonderful / Extraordinary / Uncanny  Rumor.

That makes a lot of sense. Thank you.

itsyuuzth:

The phrase 'so mun' means 'rumor' in the Korean Language itself. To put simply, Mun was given a name that means 'rumor' even though the 'So' is his surname. As far as I know also  'Extraordinary Rumor' is the actual translation of it's Native Title, just sharing though but it therefore means the same that the title refers to Mun as the  Wonderful / Extraordinary / Uncanny  Rumor.

There should be a 'like' button for comments here as well. S2