To discuss the second season, please post in here as it will spoil things for those who have not watched, or are currently watching, this season. Clicky!

Synopsis:

Three junior high school girls; Hikaru, Umi, and Fuu have been summoned by Princess Emeraude to an alternate world. When they arrive, Master Mage Clef informs them that they are the legendary Magic Knights. They are summoned there to save Cephiro, which is a land kept safe by the Pillar's (Princess Emeraude) will. High Priest Zagato has trapped the Princess and left the land in turmoil. The three girls must find the Rune Gods and fight to save Cephiro from it's terrible fate.

OST:

(Couldn't find just the English opening, but here's something better! MediaBlasters uploaded the whole series!)

Has anybody else watched this?

This is without a doubt, one of my all time favorite anime series. It's based on the manga series by the amazing ladies, CLAMP. What does this anime have? Gorgeous art, action-packed storyline that ranges from funny, to inspiring, to sometimes sad. You've got monsters and creatures of just about every kind, magic, weapons and armor that evolve. The land they travel to is a land of the will. What does that mean? It means anything is possible, if you will it so. That can mean both amazing and horrible things, depending on the person and their strength of will. The OST is beautiful, both the English and Japanese versions of it. It's one of those anime that I would recommend both subbed and dubbed. ^^
I adore the slow version of the opening. ♥

I'm going to see to it on MAL ASAP!!!!
AdeNike wrote: I'm going to see to it on MAL ASAP!!!!

Sweet! I can't wait to see your thoughts on it. ^^
*CLAMP-fan rolles in*

I love Lantis.......

I have both manga seasons and an Artbook for the second season.

I should rewatch this.
akai-kitsune wrote: *CLAMP-fan rolles in*

I love Lantis.......

I have both manga seasons and an Artbook for the second season.

I should rewatch this.

haha I think the majority of my manga and anime collection features the work of CLAMP. ^^ I seriously love their stuff. I have both seasons on VHS and DVD and the second artbook, as well as the first three manga volumes.
Have you seen the OVA? I've only watched the first episode of it. The art is breathtaking, and it's very interesting. However, it strays from the original a LOT. But I found the different take on it was nice, kind of like they made an alternative version.
I have the OVA stored, but because of drama I still have to watch it. So you also are a CLAMP-fan? My first manga by them was WISH......I want to fangirl....
akai-kitsune wrote: I have the OVA stored, but because of drama I still have to watch it.

So you also are a CLAMP-fan?
My first manga by them was WISH......I want to fangirl....

Definitely a CLAMP fan, I admire them so much. My first was X/1999. I have a horrible habit of starting things and not being able to finish them due to life distractions or lack of availability. I have read WISH. That was a good one, I almost wish they had made more.

Magic Knight Rayearth will always be the one that I cherish the most, though.
Sleepninja wrote: Definitely a CLAMP fan, I admire them so much. My first was X/1999. I have a horrible habit of starting things and not being able to finish them due to life distractions or lack of availability. I have read WISH. That was a good one, I almost wish they had made more.

Magic Knight Rayearth will always be the one that I cherish the most, though.

If you want more WISH you should watch the Kobato anime. Suiichiro and Kohaku are in one ep. The best thing about it is that you can see how Kohaku got the tickts for the amusement park.

I have a bad habit of getting addicted to things. Since I read WISH I read nearly every available manga of them and so Tsubasa Chronicles holds a special place in my heart, cause all my fav characters turn up again.

I think I'm going to watch MKR now.
akai-kitsune wrote: If you want more WISH you should watch the Kobato anime. Suiichiro and Kohaku are in one ep. The best thing about it is that you can see how Kohaku got the tickts for the amusement park.

I have a bad habit of getting addicted to things. Since I read WISH I read nearly every available manga of them and so Tsubasa Chronicles holds a special place in my heart, cause all my fav characters turn up again.

I think I'm going to watch MKR now.

Rally? That's awesome. I will definitely watch it. ^^

haha I'm tempted to watch it again myself, I'm a bit upset though because one of my DVDs of the first season has gone missing. :(
Poor you, I wish I had the DVDs.
I had the DVD's - but I gave them to someone to borrow and I never got them back... :( I loved this show so much. CLAMP is forever amazing.
akai-kitsune wrote: Poor you, I wish I had the DVDs.

You can probably find them used for a decent price. ^^

redenzione wrote: I had the DVD's - but I gave them to someone to borrow and I never got them back... :( I loved this show so much. CLAMP is forever amazing.

Oh dear! I've had that happen to a few of my manga.

The reason I can't find the DVD is because of a similar problem. I lent the boxed set out to a friend and she returned it slightly damaged. One of the DVD's wouldn't stay securely in the box, so a got a clear plastic case for it.......3 moves later and I still haven't been able to find it amongst my boxes of belongings. :(
I don't think I can get them for a decent price here in Turkey. Shipping price makes it too expensive.
akai-kitsune wrote: I don't think I can get them for a decent price here in Turkey. Shipping price makes it too expensive.

Aww Yeah, shipping costs are awful.