catstreet:

Hey, I'm interested in doing a stalkers guide for Takeuchi Ryoma but I just wanna make sure nobody else is doing it already? If not, I'd love to claim it! :)

You can claim it :)

Thank you! I'll claim that one then ;)

Also I am looking to co write a series of article with joannesmith about non typical romance or non romance shows...a review but almost siskeland ebrt style....still deciding on a name.

Our first one will be about byakuyako

Still working on HanaDan article should be in queue soon

I don't have time to write one but does somebody want to write an article on dating shows? Some examples would be heart signal or terrace house. and maybe have a variety of countries represented?

or if someone wants to write it with me?^^^^^

if its not already taken of course

You know what I really wish I could read? An article that explains why there are no (or very, very few as well as unknown) legit sites for streaming Japanese and Thai dramas. Is it just me thinking there's an audience for these shows who would be willing to pay a subscription fee?

Olive4213:

You know what I really wish I could read? An article that explains why there are no (or very, very few as well as unknown) legit sites for streaming Japanese and Thai dramas. Is it just me thinking there's an audience for these shows who would be willing to pay a subscription fee?

There is actually a forum post about this on the Japanese forums boils down to copywriter laws in Japan.

OldAnimeLady:

Also I am looking to co write a series of article with joannesmith about non typical romance or non romance shows...a review but almost siskeland ebrt style....still deciding on a name.

Our first one will be about byakuyako

Still working on HanaDan article should be in queue soon

Sure! Just remember that only one person can write an article, she would have to send you her part of the text for you to add that into the article (if you were the one to open a draft).

OldAnimeLady:

There is actually a forum post about this on the Japanese forums boils down to copywriter laws in Japan.

Sure, I know. Also true in Thailand. But copyright law doesn't prohibit distributors or licensors from entering into legal deals--this is the model that Dramafever and Viki use. My question is really about why Thailand and Japan refuse to permit legal, licensed, and profitable export of their programming?

Ceki:

Sure! Just remember that only one person can write an article, she would have to send you her part of the text for you to add that into the article (if you were the one to open a draft).

Yep we already exchanged emails so we can do that, also what do you think of the name "duet reviews"?

OldAnimeLady:

Yep we already exchanged emails so we can do that, also what do you think of the name "duet reviews"?

Sounds good if that would be the name of your group :D As for the title, just put: Review: [title of the drama/film]

Olive4213:

Sure, I know. Also true in Thailand. But copyright law doesn't prohibit distributors or licensors from entering into legal deals--this is the model that Dramafever and Viki use. My question is really about why Thailand and Japan refuse to permit legal, licensed, and profitable export of their programming?

Because they're very closed countries that are weird and started opening to the mainstream audiences only recently xD

Ceki:

Sounds good if that would be the name of your group :D As for the title, just put: Review: [title of the drama/film]

Because they're very closed countries that are weird and started opening to the mainstream audiences only recently xD

Odd, isn't it?  You can watch Channel 3/Thailand on Youtube on their own channel, as well as a few others (not subtitled, of course, but they could enable that or do it themselves). I haven't looked to see which, if any, Japanese channels are available on Youtube, because I have less interest in Japanese programs, which I find stranger than Thai programs.

Ceki I see you have a call out for articles again...I have a idea I can have on the editors desk tonight about the different roles on a subbing team.  Is that an ok topic or no?

OldAnimeLady:

Ceki I see you have a call out for articles again...I have a idea I can have on the editors desk tonight about the different roles on a subbing team.  Is that an ok topic or no?

To be honest I dunno :D Can you please pm Skye and ask him? If he green-lights it then sure!

Ceki:

To be honest I dunno :D Can you please pm Skye and ask him? If he green-lights it then sure!

Kk will do