Lilac:

After getting the link to article editor, it says access denied and so am unable to add authors to it or work on it... Can someone please help as to what I can do?

Does it say 'access denied' right away you clicked on the link provided by an editor or when you clicked on the article to continue to work on it?

Lilac:

After getting the link to article editor, it says access denied and so am unable to add authors to it or work on it... Can someone please help as to what I can do?

I'll send you the link (via DM) I got back when I submitted my first article. Just checked it and it works. Please try again with this. :)

Blizzardahm:

Does it say 'access denied' right away you clicked on the link provided by an editor or when you clicked on the article to continue to work on it?

Nope, right away, I am unable to add the author either... The part of the article which is the content is just buffering constantly... 

https://imgflip.com/i/597cec  this is what's being shown

moonchild:

I'll send you the link (via DM) I got back when I submitted my first article. Just checked it and it works. Please try again with this. :)

It is the same link I have too... Don't understand why it is denying access...I can't seem to add an author either... 

https://imgflip.com/i/597cec   this is what's being shown

Hey hey, how’s it going? I’m new here, I wrote like the introduction to an article a few days ago to try and submit here then I saw the one about articles that’s up atm.

anyway, I would like to write an article about Tropes.

Has it been done before? Is the topic to basic and boring?

Blizzardahm:

It got cleared, thanks for helping... 

moonchild:

It got cleared, thanks for helping! 

Hi I was reading the MDL Article Guide and I have a question.  Why is "Yaoi/BL topics" listed among topics  that are not allowed?  

Is this on the assumption that  all Yaoi/ BL are inherently sexual? Does this ban include anything related to male homosexual content, so any show/movie that includes a male queer character? And lastly why is BL on the banned topics list but not GL?  

Mar:
Hi I was reading the MDL Article Guide and I have a question.  Why is "Yaoi/BL topics" listed among topics  that are not allowed?  

This was already answered here: https://mydramalist.com/discussions/community-tasks/29624-mdl-writers-article-ideas-discussion?pid=1677425&page=79#p1677425 

There are Articles about C-Dramas with BL (like The Untamed or Guardian for example) but since it's officially bromance and not BL it's some sort of grey area. 

Hi I am an avid kdrama watcher from India and I am interested in writing an article on (a)Lessons and Similarities from Search WWW and Be Melodramatic OR (b)Why Do I Keep Rewatching Slow Burn Dramas like One Spring Night, A Piece Of Your Mind or Do You Like Brahms...

Could you please guide me how to get about this?
Thank you!

Naki :

I am interested in writing an editorial article on the website and am in need of help. The theme or topic would be on Chinese drama series that are currently available on Youtube (with English subs). I found that Youtube has quite a large selection of Chinese dramas and I think MDL users would appreciate it. The format of the article will have sections for each of the channels and will list all shows available to watch. I have even thought of leaving a recommendation or rating next to each one that I have viewed. I'll also write a description and recommendation of each channel/drama.

Sounds good!

thsisneo4u:

Planning to write an editorial on Posters of Asian Cinema. Is it an acceptable topic?

Yes, as long as the titles are (mostly) in the database!

Sassy queen:

Can I write an article about the couple’s I ship? Will it be published?

Yes, you can do that - Please check out some previous articles about the topic first, though. :)

Yian Ji:

Hey hey, how’s it going? I’m new here, I wrote like the introduction to an article a few days ago to try and submit here then I saw the one about articles that’s up atm.

anyway, I would like to write an article about Tropes.

Has it been done before? Is the topic to basic and boring?

Hi! There are currently three similar articles claimed: One about clichés, one about K-Drama Tropes, and one about the Found Family Trope. If you think you can make yours different from those, you could write it. :)

ScarletRage:

The open topics list has an opening for Best 10 Thai Dramas was wondering if I could write an article on that & if that’s not available then can I write what to expect from the upcoming GameBoys2 Season - How Season 2 BL Dramas have rarely been successful as the original Season & the GameBoys 2 Challeneg will be the article 

Best Thai dramas - yes; GameBoys - no, unfortunately!

hihello_itsme:

Hi I am an avid kdrama watcher from India and I am interested in writing an article on (a)Lessons and Similarities from Search WWW and Be Melodramatic OR (b)Why Do I Keep Rewatching Slow Burn Dramas like One Spring Night, A Piece Of Your Mind or Do You Like Brahms...

Could you please guide me how to get about this?
Thank you!

ok!

Why is Yaoi/BL on the list and not GL? -> Nobody wanted to write about it before, the rule goes for both. Bromance/sismance and dramas adapted from BL novels/mangas/whatever are fine. Nothing we can do about these rules, sorry! 

Technical issues -> I hope they've been solved. If not, please post them on the support forum. You can also post here again if there's an open issue with accessing the editor, but I think it should work now?

Hi everyone! My name is Ford, I'm from Australia, and I've been considering writing articles for MDL for a while now. The recent article about writing articles made me realise that I really wanted to try it out.

I currently write for a Eurovision fansite for about a year and have been looking at expanding my horizons to writing about Asian dramas and movies.

I was wondering if the weekend movie review was still something that was done, and if the contact for that is still correct, as it wasn't loading a profile when I attempted to get to it through the forms at the beginning of this thread?

Thank you in advance,

Ford.

Sassy queen:

If I set a specific date for my article to be published will it be published that day? Even if it’s in two days?

It depends on the type of article. If its a news article the admins will decide whether it gets published or not but if it an article that needs editing then you cannot decide the date. It will get published once the editors are done editing & it might take 3-4 weeks or even a month depending on the amount of other articles they have to edit. Also, if it is a currently watching article, then they will edit it more faster since the series are ongoing. I hope you got it :)

Sassy queen:

Is my article submitted https://mydramalist.com/articles/edit/7513

If you clicked on Submit, then yes it should be submitted. :)