SarahEm:

Yeah, I agree, Cast and Demographics are tags more suited towards people filtering for Anime/Manga.

I do see a lot of people adding tags like  Second Lead Syndrome, Bromance, Sismance. I'm not sure  if those fit in the tropes category, but since they are used a lot there should be a subcategory for them.

What would that be? 'Platonic Relationships'?

Skye-N-Rain:

For Bromance and Sismance, yes. But what about Second Lead Syndrome?

SarahEm:

For Bromance and Sismance, yes. But what about Second Lead Syndrome. 

'Wishes  It Wasn't Platonic But Inevitable It Is' relationship =/ 

or 'Friendzoned' :P 

Oh, I missed the whole post.

I think that Setting, Technical and Demographic would only complicate everythingl however, they would fit... 

Technical - there are many Chinese dramas that have CGI, perhaps even full CGI, and there are films that are shot in black and white / color. 

Demographic is as you said a bit tricky. It's more distinguishable in anime and manga, but not in dramas and films. I would leave this one out.

Setting would fit films more, but then it would need to be expanded. 

Skye-N-Rain:
Wishes  It Wasn't Platonic But Inevitable It Is' relationship =/

or 'Friendzoned' :P 

Then I guess Platonic Relationship is the way to go.  

SarahEm:

Then I guess Platonic Relationship is the way to go.  

Lol I was kidding. Need to give that one more thought.  The key is that we just need to organize tags. Not everything has to fit perfectly though. 

Pre-produced dramas could go in technical too.

SarahEm:

Pre-produced dramas could go in technical too.

Yeah and maybe ]daily dramas since there isn't currently a way to sort them.

Ceki:

Oh, I missed the whole post.

I think that Setting, Technical and Demographic would only complicate everythingl however, they would fit... 

Technical - there are many Chinese dramas that have CGI, perhaps even full CGI, and there are films that are shot in black and white / color. 

Demographic is as you said a bit tricky. It's more distinguishable in anime and manga, but not in dramas and films. I would leave this one out.

Setting would fit films more, but then it would need to be expanded. 

True but I don't feel like CGI dramas are important enough to warrant a spot.  Black and White sure, although they're probably the older 1950s films, right? It'd only appeal to a small percentage of users, no?

Yeah, but there are some users that can't stand CGI so it might work for them to exclude that from search. There also might be some modern films that are shot in black and white, not sure about the Asian ones but there are Western (e.g. Ida). 

Hmm I think that one main set of genres and one huge set of tags/themes/tropes/whatever you want to call them would be enough, at least for now.  Enabling users to have technical and setting search would be nice too, of course.

Skye-N-Rain:

this one's silly lol. do we really need to categorize even bromance's presence? I feel like we're getting way too obsessive over tagging things. also Second Lead Syndrome--does that really need to be a tag? I mean... come on guys... if we say "Love Triangle" or something, maybe that would be better, but SLS is a preference

Skye-N-Rain:

Another idea is having the most used (or all) tags appear on the edit genre/tag page, and then allow users to just click on them to add them vs writing them in. They would be able to write them in if they don't appear already? 

I really like the idea of clicking pre-made tags vs typing a tag in and searching for it. Just make sure to alphabetize the tag list.  

KoriNeko18:

this one's silly lol. do we really need to categorize even bromance's presence? I feel like we're getting way too obsessive over tagging things. also Second Lead Syndrome--does that really need to be a tag? I mean... come on guys... if we say "Love Triangle" or something, maybe that would be better, but SLS is a preference

Bromance/sismance as a tag is super useful. Someone could feel like watching a bromance rich drama, and the tag would help. 

Skye-N-Rain:

Bromance/sismance as a tag is super useful. Someone could feel like watching a bromance rich drama, and the tag would help. 

I guess, aha. I think that bromance is just too vague because there are so many ways it can make itself present. there are some dramas where it's legit bromance only (Shut Up Flower Boy Band), bromance that's relatively there (Goblin) and then just bromance scattered around in the drama. it just feels vague in that sense

give people cookies for doing this. 

Too many pages to read through .... so how do we add a Tag suggestion?

I want to add "Multi-Generations" or "Multi-generational"