Award-winning and places/location, idol names should not be a tag.

I have a question about tags like murder, death, gore, violence etc.

Should we use these tags for movies where death and gore is shown on screen, but later it turns out it was all in a dream, or it was staged and all that died/were mutilated are, in fact, safe and alive? 

Technically these people aren't dead (but we don't know it until the last 10 minutes or so) but said tags serve as a form of trigger warning as well, and I think that viewers who want to avoid gore won't be happy while watching even if it's fake blood and fake dead bodies.

Hessa Volunteer Staff

Not adding them would be a spoiler and some people need them as a trigger warning.

Thank you. Wanted to make sure.

hi
i've got two little questions about tags:

1. under the tag "costume movie" is written that we should not use it, then what should i use instead of it? by costume movie i mean a (chinese in my case) movie set in some historical or para-historical setting with people wearing historical outfits (like costume/period drama, but as a movie). a lot of movie have only this genre/tag in chinese sites, so i don't know what to write. Period movie?

2. if in a movie there are some criminal organizations (like yakuza, so organized crime, not independent criminals), what tag should i use?
here again i'm talking about chinese movies, so i can't use the yakuza tag. so criminal organization?/organisation? organized crime? the tag "mafia"?

:)

Hessa Volunteer Staff
 lucy_lu:
under the tag "costume movie" is written that we should not use it, then what should i use instead of it?

Period drama. However, it all means Historical, and we already have a genre for that. But I guess people don't know they are the same. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_drama People can filter the search by movie or drama, no need to have two tags for this.

lucy_lu:
if in a movie there are some criminal organizations (like yakuza, so organized crime, not independent criminals), what tag should i use?
here again i'm talking about chinese movies, so i can't use the yakuza tag. so criminal organization?/organisation? organized crime? the tag "mafia"?

Triad is the Chinese mafia. You can use mafia, organized crime, or  Triad. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triad_(organized_crime) 

Hessa:
But I guess people don't know they are the same. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_drama

thanks! i didn't know "historical" included also vague or non-existent historical periods :)

traid is actually one branch of chinese organized crime, such as Mafia is actually the sicilian one, but i guess that the two terms with the time became a big "container"-word of all organized crime...

thanks again for the prompt response! :D

Please delete the following

Rain - I don't think its a tag that should be included in any title. All weather types really.

Love Confession - I think its pointless to have this especially when the title in question is a romantic comedy

Male Chases Female First/Guy Chases Girl First - Duplication  (Strike line indicated to be deleted from tags)

The following are all on Crash Landing on You.

I think the following tags should be deleted, they seem to be based on random scenes and I don't think they are relevant or useful for searching;

drinking

seaside

complication

snowy

candle night

sun set

Hessa Volunteer Staff
 Browine:

Rain - I don't think its a tag that should be included in any title. All weather types really.

Love Confession - I think its pointless to have this especially when the title in question is a romantic comedy

Male Chases Female First/Guy Chases Girl First - Duplication

Varric T:

The following are all on Crash Landing on You.

They seem to be based on random scenes and I don't think they are relevant or useful for searching.

drinking

seaside

complication

snowy

candle night

sun set

Please write that you want those tags to be deleted. Admins wouldn't know what you are talking about since this is a thread to generally discuss tags, not a report thread.

Hessa:

Please write that you want those tags to be deleted. Admins wouldn't know what you are talking about since this is a thread to generally discuss tags, not a report thread.

Thanks, I've edited to add that I think they should be deleted.

Hessa:

Done :D

Ji-N:

Award-winning and places/location, idol names should not be a tag.

Why did you removed award-winning? This was heavily used on the Watch Challenge, and searching for specific awards/ceremonies instead seems pointless, since most people don't even know what kind of awards there are for dramas/movies in each country!!

Hessa Volunteer Staff
 Estelll:

Why did you removed award-winning? This was heavily used on the Watch Challenge, and searching for specific awards/ceremonies instead seems pointless, since most people don't even know what kind of awards there are for dramas/movies in each country!!

All award tag were removed, if you find some, please remove them.

I think the admins are planning to add an award section in each page so that you can see the specific award.

Also remove the duplicate tag "Louis Cha", since there is a newer/better one (that I've tried to add to all relevant drama/movies - 50 results till now) named "Jin Yong" (I've actually written a description to this one: "Louis Cha (1924-2018), pen name Jin Yong, was a Hong Kongese novelist, considered one of the pioneers of the Chinese Wuxia literature genre." )