Hi MDL'ers,

We're working on launching MyDramaList in Spanish live in the next few days. In the meantime, we need users to check it out es.MyDramaList.com and let us know about any bugs or other issues that you discover.

If you're interested in writing articles in Spanish, pm me with the topic you have in mind. 

Let's make MyDramaList better, together!

Looking great. Best of luck<3

The Spanish version will have everything the English version has except plot synopsis, reviews, articles, comments and more will be in Spanish.   

clarify this sentence in the opening article about the launch except what? 

Not sure if this is as expected : 

the feeds are the same feeds (I guess that is until things go live)
and  after hitting 'MI lista" the titles are in English (should I go through and add Spanish versions)?  per

" If you stumble upon a synopsis that has yet to be translated, please use a computer or tablet to add in the translated version.   " Or should i wait for launch?

OldAnimeLady:

The Spanish version will have everything the English version has except plot synopsis, reviews, articles, comments and more will be in Spanish.   

clarify this sentence in the opening article about the launch except what? 

Ignore the article for now. That's going to be translated into Spanish.

" If you stumble upon a synopsis that has yet to be translated, please use a computer or tablet to add in the translated version.   " Or should i wait for launch?
Right now if you'd like. There are still a lot of titles with English plots.  

sara:

Looking great. Best of luck<3

Thanks!

Skye-N-Rain:

Ignore the article for now. That's going to be translated into Spanish.

Right now if you'd like. There are still a lot of titles with English plots.  

Alright when i get home from work I'll start going through my lists and checking

OldAnimeLady:

Alright when i get home from work I'll start going through my lists and checking

Thanks. The titles being in English is perfectly fine for now. The most important thing is the synopsis' at the moment.

OldAnimeLady:

Not sure if this is as expected : 

the feeds are the same feeds (I guess that is until things go live)
and  after hitting 'MI lista" the titles are in English (should I go through and add Spanish versions)?  per

Feed posts are pulling from your friends. But if you post in Global(ES) only Spanish side are able to see it and your friends.

Ji-N:

Feed posts are pulling from your friends. But if you post in Global(ES) only Spanish side are able to see it and your friends.

Plus drama and other titles would have Spanish synopsis'.

ok got through all my numbers and "a"s of my watched list and sent spanish descriptions for those that did not have them...Must rest then bed gotta be back at work in  7 hours

OldAnimeLady:

ok got through all my numbers and "a"s of my watched list and sent spanish descriptions for those that did not have them...Must rest then bed gotta be back at work in  7 hours

Thanks! 

Seonsaeng Community Manager

With regard to titles being translated into Spanish:

Dramas and movies are known by their international English title among Spanish-speaking fans, so I think we should not rush with translating titles. I agree that synopsis should be translated first in any case.

Also, should they finally be translated, the staff in charge of approvals should be aware of capitalization rules and fluent in both English and Spanish. I'm saying this because many titles in Spanish-speaking fan communities (and that includes Viki) are poorly translated or have capitalization or spelling mistakes.

I will start translating some synopsis or fixing errors in those already translated.

Please use mostly known title instead like Seonsaeng said. I will enable the Spanish title field soon for translation.

If anyone is interested in writing articles in Spanish, please contact me with the topic you have in mind! We can get you writing in no time.