apocalib:
Exactly why I'm so bitter, actually. In ep31, we get their first fight against Tian Dou Academy's Second Team and lol, they had Dai Mu Bai ASLEEP because he's recuperating from absorbing his fourth soul ring (along with Fatty). They also almost basically skipped the entirety of them actually fighting the soul beasts to get their soul rings so it makes me wonder if their budget for CGI was low and they had to cut out a lot of the beasts. They had Oscar and Rong Rong fight one on one to with their devices (which are suddenly allowed btw in the tournament) and Zhu Zhu Qing as well until Tang San makes his sudden appearance (was also MIA because he was training his fourth soul ring in the cold/fire springs). They've changed all the exciting action sequences and swapped it for what?

LMAO, omg are you serious?  I remember that fight.  It's ep 69.  It's the first time TS reveals his 10k yr 4th ring obtained from the Pit Demon Spider.  He drops it in the beginning and everyone shits themselves LOL.  The Emperor is pissed that Shrek was turned away and one of the teachers shakes his head in disgust saying, "this should have been the honor of Heaven Dou" hahahaha.  And they win in under one minute when Mubai tricks them by baiting himself, then TS uses the 4th Blue Silver Prison on their whole team and Mubai fucks them up with his Meteor shower.  It's great--one of the most memorable battles because of them being thrown out at Heaven Dou by Xue Xing.  

Xien_Rue:

@Major

Everytime I saw a poster comment in their high and mighty tone, preaching to us original fans who complains in the main thread, my anger just boiled. I don't want to waste my time dueling with them in repetitive argument which hold no value to the drama discussion. Thus I am ranting here instead. But, the existence of this thread would only containing the worst of our ranting and anger. I thought the drama fans would be okay with our milder comments that will only enrich the discussion in the main thread. But today there is this user who suddenly launched a tirade against us. 

Honestly, it is exactly those arrogant drama fans that incite me to give this drama low rating. 

Yeah I saw that in the comment section lmao.  I just had to roll my eyes..

This thread was a fantastic idea.  Way more fun lol.

Awwww, the discussions are rather getting interesting now about both the manhua and donghua adaptations.  I did not read the novel or watched the anime  and i like the posts here which are explained in detail.  Thank you so much all.   Reg.ep.31 which @apocalib has posted, i am also disappointed that i am missing those fights of our team.  So, i am going to watch the anime once the drama ends.  

Major:
LMAO, omg are you serious?  I remember that fight.  It's ep 69.  It's the first time TS reveals his 10k yr 4th ring obtained from the Pit Demon Spider.  He drops it in the beginning and everyone shits themselves LOL.  The Emperor is pissed that Shrek was turned away and one of the teachers shakes his head in disgust saying, "this should have been the honor of Heaven Dou" hahahaha.  And they win in under one minute when Mubai tricks them by baiting himself, then TS uses the 4th Blue Silver Prison on their whole team and Mubai fucks them up with his Meteor shower.  It's great.

Yeaaaah instead here we got literally two minutes max of Tang San suddenly bursting onto the scene, three smirks and him showing that he now has the black soul ring. It was cool while it lasted. The actual fight takes barely thirty seconds, which I guess is to show off that he's suddenly powered up. They've taken out the whole aspect of "team fight" out and by the time Mu Bai arrives with Fatty, they've already won. 

It's ridiculous how many of the fight scenes they've cut. At this rate, you'd think they'd win in 3 episodes but I bet you the next two episodes will be 90% standing there. Tang San spent more time this episode explaining to Xiao Wu how his powers suddenly work vs actually showing the audience. There's been way too much telling and now enough showing in this drama considering it's fantasy and action. 

icecream2000:

Awwww, the discussions are rather getting interesting now about both the manhua and donghua adaptations.  I did not read the novel or watched the anime  and i like the posts here which are explained in detail.  Thank you so much all.   Reg.ep.31 which @apocalib has posted, i am also disappointed that i am missing those fights of our team.  So, i am going to watch the anime once the drama ends.  

You totally should! Actually, I got impatient waiting for the episodes to air so that's why I started the anime as well. I was actually a brand new fan to Douluo before all of this. Do watch the anime, it's fully subbed on Youtube :) 

icecream2000:

Awwww, the discussions are rather getting interesting now about both the manhua and donghua adaptations.  I did not read the novel or watched the anime  and i like the posts here which are explained in detail.  Thank you so much all.   Reg.ep.31 which @apocalib has posted, i am also disappointed that i am missing those fights of our team.  So, i am going to watch the anime once the drama ends.  

I gotta remember to use spoilers here, sorry about that..

Here's a taste of what I was talking about to wet your appetite ;-)

https://youtu.be/5zycA1jgtBk?t=266

The drama has its moments of entertainment, but the anime is on another level imo.

@apocalib

Sigh...

It's ironic because I expected that that the CGI and fights would be atrocious and the story adaptation pretty adequate.  It's exactly the opposite for me.  What they should have done was put all there energies into the fights and power-ups because its clearly what people want to see, based on what I gather.  But there's always the budget issue..

OP - 'whinny' is a sound a horse makes. I think you mean 'whiny'.

Just finish watching episode 31. It is atrocious!! How can they butcher that awesome team battle into this cheap looking one on one? The very fact that Shrek Academy is allowed to use hidden weapon when the opponent only use their soul spirit is so embarrassing. 

I think we should blame the scriptwriter for this abomination. Budget, they should have  known early on that adapting this novel will require lots of CGI. If they could not afford it, then this adaptation should have never entered production stage.

10katie01:

And I think you’re in the wrong thread. 

Major:

@apocalib

Sigh...

It's ironic because I expected that that the CGI and fights would be atrocious and the story adaptation pretty adequate.  It's exactly the opposite for me.  What they should have done was put all there energies into the fights and power-ups because its clearly what people want to see, based on what I gather.  But there's always the budget issue..

Same, the CGI has gotten much better since the episode 1 issue with the spider but it’s just that the budget probably isn’t big enough for the plethora of soul beasts and all the various attacks that exist within the universe :\ 

It’s also disappointing what they did with Titan Douluo tbh. That entire set-up was so cool in the donghua, both because he only came cos his grandson and son got their asses beat and because of the amount of pressure he had Tang San under. I guess at least Dugu Bo is still alright....although a lot of what made him amazing was also watered down lol 

apocalib:

And I think you’re in the wrong thread. 

I think they're talking about @Xien_Rue's first post where they call CDrama TS whiny.

10katie01:

Ah yeah, my bad. Whiny is what I meant

OniBro:

I think they're talking about @Xien_Rue's first post where they call CDrama TS whiny. 

I see, thought they were here to be passive aggressive about things since correcting someone’s English is usually just a way to  undermine someone since it’s pretty obvious whinny was meant to be whiny. But my bad if that’s the case! 

apocalib:
It’s also disappointing what they did with Titan Douluo tbh. That entire set-up was so cool in the donghua, both because he only came cos his grandson and son got their asses beat and because of the amount of pressure he had Tang San under

Uuuuughhhhh.  That's a punch to the gut.  That's literally one of my favorite scenes in all of DD.  I was just describing it in the comments section.  Tai Tan's test followed by his unswerving loyalty to TH and TS in spite of what happened to the four sects was soooo moving.