Forget it. I am dropping out. Being invisible even here is unpleasant. This challenge is suddenly not fun anymore...

Sorry All, life got busy and I have been less active on MDL. Will attempt to respond to posts during my absence. Please DM me if your post that need attention was missed out!

@Xiao Zi Noted the badge image and will update soon!

@Elbee You are right, and thanks for pointing out. My apologies for missing out the 3rd badge. The 4th badge could be missed as I usually stocktake the list much earlier before I post. This is because after stock-taking the list, time is needed to do the badges, and then updating the status table (the formatting is tedious, formatting one cell at a time). Updating the status table now and will post the updated status table in the next 1-2 hours. Will make up the awarding in the 9th We Watch Award Ceremony.  Hope this is okay. Apologies again!

@marblebees Welcome onboard and taking part in the We Watch Challenge 2023! Would like to highlight that you have inadvertently got yourself into two challenges concurrently. Could you accept the second challenge as well? Kindly refer to the DM I sent you for the details. Cheers.

@Giuca and @Elbee I'm sorry to just become aware of the situation faced. It is unfortunate that both your posts inadvertently crossed paths. While rare, it happens, as one used some time to review profile and watchlist, and type and post the recommendation, missing post that come in during that time. Both of you have been strong supporters of We Watch Challenge since its launch and I sincerely hope that you are not deterred or discouraged by this rare but unfortunate situation. Mr. Queen is a fun watch - I enjoyed it very much and I think Giuca will enjoy it too! Perhaps, Giuca can  repost the recommended drama for songsforyou to close the gap there, before taking a break (I sincerely hope Giuca can return to this challenge at some point in time!) ?  Thanks.

As I said, I am not interested in participating anymore. Thanks! It has been entertaining! And a great idea! I loved it! 

Alright Giuca. Thanks for your participation thus far!

Hello @Elbee, could I trouble you to recommend a drama to songsforyou?

Wish Upon A Star:

Alright Giuca. Thanks for your participation thus far!

Hello @Elbee, could I trouble you to recommend a drama to songsforyou?

Sad to see Giuca go, but sure, I can keep the challenge going. 

Songsforyou, based on the kinds of dramas you have rated highly and your stats, I think you will like Prison Playbook, so that is my recommendation for you this round! The acting and especially the sweet bromance make it one of the more memorable dramas I have seen to date. The setting is pretty unusual and characters are surprisingly really lovable and quirky (“Loony” is still one of my all-time favorite characters, ”Kaist” another unforgettable one). I hope you like it as much as I did!

Open for recs! You can ignore my PTW list since it isn’t really reflective of my taste (lots are from MDL Watch challenge prompts). My completed list is a better indication of how much I liked shows as I watched them. :) 

Edit: Hi again, TaniiOf course I don’t mind. Lakorns are way outside my typical drama wheelhouse, but I gladly accept your challenge for Hua Jai Sila though it may take a while to get through it since it is a bit long, especially if it is as angsty as comments about it imply! 😅

Status: 7/10 Complete! This one was convinced me that lakorns may not be my thing or at least not slap-kiss ones with so much senseless violence that seemed like it was meant to heighten reactions but instead kind of numbed me after the thousandth kick, stomp, or slap. I wrote a word 🤮 vomit post after finishing it, well, starting right after however many hours I crashed later what with me needing to sleep because my head was a bit exhausted from all the red lipstick firing my neurons up like a bull seeing a red cape lol… feel free to ignore the post that is way too long and while critical, for sure, definitely wasn‘t from a place of misery except for when the scenes of a new ”Mam”crush were over and I was left with the antagonist   so much as overkill and thinking the guy who was the right hand man fit the role better and definitely was more convincing in action than the pale kid who just seemed too young and boyish to convince me of a tough life full of danger and learning things like martial arts, knife/swordsmanship and skilled gun use. I also kept being startled by a smirking Park Min Young lookalike lol, the niece of the rich real estate co owner’s maid. Same plastic surgeon or did PMY get surgery with a photo of that gal? ;) Anyway, it got its own post I don’t recommend reading given how my brain splatted it out: https://mydramalist.com/profile/elbee/feeds/ROwLnFP

Thank you for throwing me out of my comfort zone! It was a fun experience but a bit too much to repeat. My brain got a bit stormy from the result of them brainstorming every visually enticing way to physically harm someone, oof! lowkey surprised they didn’t actually start playing the song lyrics”This girl is on fiiiiire…” because the lyrics that were in English were so on the nose, a bit more literal than I am used to… it played in my head rent free thanks to that scene that I did like even though I shouldn’t have! 😂

🥰

14th Challenge complete!

Hi ElBee! I hope you don't mind getting a recommendation from me again! I noticed you don't have a lot of Thai shows on your list so I want to recommend Hua Jai Sila to you! It's been a while since I watched it and I still remember enjoying it even though it's definitely a slap-kiss lakorn.

image link

Hi Sam! I accept your recommendation to watch Love Destiny! :)

Status: Complete! 8/10 I'm glad I didn't give up and actually watched the 40 eps version since I couldn't find the 15 eps version anywhere! Thank you for the recommendation.

This will probably be my last challenge for this year! Thank you so much for the lovely challenge! I hope we get to do this next year too! ❤️

Ok Completed my 2nd Challenge ....

@Tanii I don't know if you will like this Thai Drama or not ... it's one of my favourite one too but considering you rated thai drama low that i liked and high which i didn't ...it feels our taste is opposite

But I really hope you like Love Destiny  

So that's my recommendation for you

@ColourMePurple I might like it.... I will just go in without thinking too much

I accept thy challenge

Current Status : 2/8 

I've completed my first challenge.

@Sam I believe you might enjoy A Familiar Stranger. It's a short length series so it should be a quick watch. Although it's not in your PTW list, there is a slight similarity to the Thai drama you have recommended so I thought this might be enjoyable for you.

I accept @xBBBLUE's challenge.  I had forgotten about Save Me. Thanks for the recommendation. :)

Status: Completed. I rate it 6/10. I really tried to like it but it was such a frustrating watch. I would have dropped it if not for this challenge. Had to watch all episodes in 2x. I liked the actors but the plot was too much for me so I struggled to watch it.

Still I'd like to thank Blue for encouraging me to finally get it done with. It was on my PTW list for a very long time.

I recommend ColourMePurple to watch "Save Me" because this is one of my 10/10 dramas and it's on your PTW list. This drama was really good and full of emotions. 

I accept jenn's recommendation to watch A Tale of Thousand Stars.

Rating: 10/10

It was the best bl drama I've ever watched.

I hope I am doing this right! this would be the second time I post on here.

I recommend @xBBBLUE to watch a Tale of a Thousand Stars. it is one of my favorites and I noticed it was on your PTW<3

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

I accept Xiao Zi 's recommendation to watch Sweet Home.

Completed and its a 9/10  

6th Challenge completed

I recommend jenn to watch Sweet Home. It is one of my few 10/10 rated dramas and I saw it was on your PTW as well.

I accept jenn's rec to watch Descendants of the Sun. I've been wanting to watch this, but not a great fan of military themed dramas. Thanks for the rec!

Actually, I didn't expect I'd like it. It was cheesy and I loved it for that.

9th We Watch 2023 Award Ceremony
Presenting the 9th We Watch 2023 Award Ceremony on the last day of September 2023, with 2 Silver badges and 7 Bronze badges. 

Silver Badges
•   
Xiao Zi for recommending Lighter & Princess which has been rated 9/10
•   
Elbee for recommending Arthdal Chronicles which has been rated 9/10

Bronze Badges
•   dearuto for recommending Sh**ting Stars which has been rated 8.5/10

•   moonchild for recommending Mad Dog which has been rated 8.5/10
•   
Elbee for recommending Late Night Restaurant (aka Midnight Diner) which has been rated 8.5/10
•   
cdramaqueen for recommending Destined which has been rated 8.5/10
•   
Giuca for recommending Present Perfect + Present Still Perfect which has been rated 8/10
•  
Tanii for recommending Plus and Minus which has been rated 8/10
•   
Sam for recommending Love Destiny which has been rated 8/10

Hall of Fame
10 Customised BadgesTanii (6 Silver, 4 Bronze), Giuca (1 Silver, 9 Bronze)
6 Customised BadgesElbee (1 Gold, 3 Silver, 2 Bronze), saygo (1 Gold, 2 Silver, 3 Bronze), dearuto (2 Gold, 4 Bronze)
Customised Badgesnovastar93 (2 Silver, 2 Bronze), Gummy_Marshmallow (1 Silver, 3 Bronze), moonchild (1 Silver, 3 Bronze)

This month, both Tanii and Giuca add 2 more Customised Badges each to their count, bringing their total count to 10 each. New entries to the Hall of Fame are Elbee with 6 badges, novastar93 and moonchild with 4 badges each.

Gentle Reminder

1)  If you have accepted a challenge, do make it a point to watch and rate the drama recommended to you soon, so that your recommender can be duly awarded for a good drama recommended.

2)  Please refer to the updated challenge status table in page 1, and claim your badges by inserting the drama image in your prior post.
Edited on September 30th, 2023, 5.15pm (UTC) for dark mode compatibility

1st Challenge | 2nd Challenge | 3rd Challenge

I recommend Xioa Zi to watch Descendants of the Sun. I noticed it on one of your lists and it's one I rewatch often.

I accept @Novastar 's recommendation for Reset. I had forgotten I even added it so this shall be fun.

Completed: EP: 15/ 15
I literally started this today - 10/11/23 and already on ep 10 fuck, I got hooked. OMG, it's still Oct. 11 and I finished it! it was so good. You were right, it was definitely binge-worthy.
9/10!

Challenge #1 |  Challenge#2 | Challenge#3 |Challenge #4Challenge#5

I recommend  @jenn to watch Reset. It's on your PTW and I saw you haven't watched many C-dramas. It's very interesting and binge-worthy. I hope you like the drama!! Happy Watching :)

I accept @jenns recommendation. Also I’m glad you enjoyed Reset as much as I did :) 

Rating: 9/10

Such a cute, heartwarming and beautiful drama!! Thanks  so much for the rec I really loved this drama.

1st Challenge | 2nd Challenge | 3rd Challenge | 4th Challenge

I recommend @novastar to watch Hi Bye, Mama! I saw it on your PTW and its one of my favorites. I was between this and The Untamed but decided against the 50 ep. series haha. I hope you enjoy Hi Bye, Mama! as much as I did.

I accept Alex's challenge to watch XX. I recently added it too since it looked interesting! thank you! Might start it tonight

Started 10/18/23 ;
Finished: 10/18/23

OMG, I AM OBSESSED WITH DANNY! I LOVE HIM and that last statement Nana gave was so fucking spot on!!!  Enjoyed it a lot.

Rate:  8.5