Completed my sixth challenge

NOTICE: My display name changed from moonchild/LunaNoir to JulyMoon!

Going for one last recommendation this year or maybe my first in 2024, who knows? 

Saygo, since the years end is approaching, I'm gonna give you a couple recommendations and you can choose what works best for you. :) 

The Boy Next Door (15 episodes, each 6 minutes long; funny and short drama)

Navillera (12 episodes, 1 hour 5 minutes each; heartwarming, but also nostalgic/bit sad watch) 

The Living Dead (movie, enjoyable watch if you liked Wen Ning in The Untamed) 

Like Father, Like Son (movie, typical Japan slow storytelling but good)

Open for recs, but please keep it to a maximum of 12 episodes or a movie. Preferably from my watchlist but not necessarily. Any heartwarming, comfort watch is welcome. Thank you!

I accept Xiao Zi's recommendation for Tsuiraku JK to Haijin Kyoshi

Rating: 9 

I really enjoyed it. It was funny, but also with enough depth to make it more than a simple rom-com. I'm happy that I watched it. :) 

5th Challenge Completed - The Killer's Shopping List (7.0/10)

It was a one-time watch, but a good one.

Thanks, everyone for all the recommendations. Had a Fun Time Watching. 

I'm neither accepting nor giving any recommendations further. I hope you enjoyed my recommendations. 

Hoping for a Happy New Year for Everyone!!

Next person Please recommend to LunaNoir. Thanks.

7th Challenge completed.

I recommend LunaNoir to watch Tsuiraku JK to Haijin Kyoshi. It's short (just 9 eps of 24 min) and is on your PTW. It's one of the best dramas that I've watched this year and I hope you'll like it too.

Open to recs, but only short ones or movies, that I can complete in a day or two (cuz it's almot year end). Rec don't have to be from my PTW. 

Happy New Year, everyone! 

I especially thank Wish for creating this challenge. I hope you'll do this for the next year as well.

12th Challenge = Complete ^_^   

I think it is too late for a rec now  so maybe they can be the first  for next 2024 one.

Status- Not open for  recommendations until the new 2024 challenge

Saygo:

12th Challenge = Complete ^_^   

I think it is too late for a rec now  so maybe they can be the first  for next 2024 one.

Status- Not open for  recommendations until the new 2024 challenge

All recommendations from this year's challenge need to be completed by January, 15th so basically you could still recommend a short drama/movie and then you will be the first that gets a recommendation for 2024. That's up to you and Xiao Zi though, of course. :)

Happy New Year 2024! 

The inaugural We Watch Challenge 2023 had a good run, all thanks to the active participation of the challengers. Thank you so much! 

I had a lot of fun hosting this challenge as much as our Challengers. Love the progressively engaging interactions and also the progressively longer reviews of recommended dramas, plus detailed reasons for recommending dramas. I hope you have added new MDL Friend(s) from participating in this Challenge.

A wrap up of We Watch Challenge 2023 will be done at the final We Watch 2023 Challenge Award Ceremony to be held on 20-21 Jan 2024.

We Watch Challenge 2024 has moved to a new forum under “General Asia”, to avoid this challenge being swiftly dropped to the nth page by the other rapid -fire forum games.

Please hop on to the new challenge forum for new challenges.
https://mydramalist.com/discussions/general-asia-forum/122197-we-watch-challenge-2024

Important notes for Challengers of We Watch Challenge 2023

1. If you have not started watching the drama recommended to you, please complete the drama and update your post by 15 Jan 2024, 2359H (UTC).
  2. If you have already watched the recommended drama, do update your challenge post with your rating and a short take on why you like/ not like about the drama, for count towards the challenge tally for 2023 Challenge.
  3. The final We Watch 2023 Challenge Award Ceremony will be held on the weekend after 15 Jan 2024, 2359H (UTC).

Wish, you should ask one of the mods or admins to pin your post for the challenge! It might be seen by  more looking for this kind of activity if posted in the games forum but pinned at the top like the MDL Watch Challenge, 24 recs challenge etc., though I think the 52 week one is in general Asia (can’t remember, can’t be bothered to look at the moment). Wherever it is, pinning it will keep it from being buried under the ”word starting with ___” kinds of posts that have dozens of pages and last for years. :) 

ElBee:
Wish, you should ask one of the mods or admins to pin your post for the challenge! It might be seen by  more looking for this kind of activity if posted in the games forum but pinned at the top like the MDL Watch Challenge, 24 recs challenge etc., though I think the 52 week one is in general Asia (can’t remember, can’t be bothered to look at the moment). Wherever it is, pinning it will keep it from being buried under the ”word starting with ___” kinds of posts that have dozens of pages and last for years. :) 

Hello Elbee, thanks for your ardent support for We Watch Challenge 2023 and your suggestion! Will KIV your suggestion for the future, as currently I'm worried that I might not cope if there are more challengers than I can cope ^^

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

We Watch Challenge 2024 has moved to a new forum under “General Asia”, to avoid this challenge being swiftly dropped to the nth page by the other rapid -fire forum games.

Please hop on to the new challenge forum for new challenges.
https://mydramalist.com/discussions/general-asia-forum/122197-we-watch-challenge-2024

Important notes for Challengers of We Watch Challenge 2023

1. If you have not started watching the drama recommended to you, please complete the drama and update your post by 15 Jan 2024, 2359H (UTC).
  2. If you have already watched the recommended drama, do update your challenge post with your rating and a short take on why you like/ not like about the drama, for count towards the challenge tally for 2023 Challenge.
  3. The final We Watch 2023 Challenge Award Ceremony will be held on the weekend after 15 Jan 2024, 2359H (UTC).
  4. We Watch Challenge 2023 forum will continued to be tracked till 15 Jan 2024, 2359H (UTC). After this date/time, this forum will not be tracked.

Final Reminder to following We Watch 2023 Challengers to complete watching the drama recommended to you and update your post by 15 Jan 2024, 2359H (UTC)
Display Name  | Recommended drama to watch | Date of forum post
(the related forum post is in the link embedded in the Display Name)
  • If you have already completed watching the recommended drama, please remember to also update your post by 15 Jan 2024, 2359H (UTC). 
  1. @Vanessa_ | Extraordinary Attorney Woo | 7 Jan 2023
  2. @Benizakura | Mother | 8 Jan 2023
  3. @_Choa's | Not Me | 8 Feb 2023
  4. @maltreti | Bara no nai hanaya | 19 Feb 2023
  5. @Heracin | Kyuo Kara Ore Wa | 19 Feb 2023
  6. @meriya | Search: WWW | 1 Mar 2023
  7. @Snow Flake | Beyond Evil | 11 Jun 2023
  8. @Snow Flake | D.P. | 13 Jun 2023
  9. @Rien | Gaus Electronics | 12 Jun 2023
  10. @abby / @Solana | Black | 20 Jun 2023
  11. @Thyella | Black Knight | 23 Jul 2023
  12. @Gummy_Marshmallow / @SKYLINE | The Killer's Shopping List | 25 Aug 2023
  13. @marblebees | Sweet Home | 31 Aug 2023
  14. @marblebees | Not Me | 31 Aug 2023
  15. @112 | Danger Zone | 12 Sep 2023
  16. @songsforyou | Prison Playbook | 13 Sep 2023
  17. @Sam | A Familiar Stranger | 22 Sep 2023
  18. @jenn | Alchemy of Souls | 20 Oct 2023
  19. @zen violet / @mint mochi | Someday or One Day | 26 Oct 2023
  20. @2.857e-7 | My Country: The New Age | 9 Nov 2023 [Please accept and watch the recommended drama to you]
  21. @Bilu | Manner of Death | 26 Nov 2023

Final Call to the following We Watch 2023 Challengers to update your post by 15 Jan 2024, 2359H (UTC), with the drama images to be used for your customised badge for the final award ceremony for 2023
If the image is not updated to your post by 15 Jan 2024 2359H (UTC), the MDL drama poster will be used.
Display Name  | Drama recommended to others | Date of forum post
  1. @jenn | Hospital Playlist | 28 Jan 2023
  2. @dearuto | You Are My Hero | 14 Mar 2023
  3. @marblebees | Oh No! Here Comes Trouble | 1 Sep 2023
  4. @jenn | A Tale of Thousand Stars | 29 Sep 2023
  5. @Selbee | Tsuiraku JK to Haijin Kyoshi | 22 Nov 2023
 Wish Upon A Star:
@jenn | Hospital Playlist | 28 Jan 2023

I added image already to my 4th challenge post.  Image Link

Wish Upon A Star:
@Gummy_Marshmallow / @SKYLINE | The Killer's Shopping List | 25 Aug 2023

Sorry, I made a new post to end the challenge, it might have confused you.? Updated now.

P.S: I'll delete this post once you read @wish upon star. Let me know

SKYLINE:

I added image already to my 4th challenge post.  Image Link

Sorry, I made a new post to end the challenge, it might have confused you.? Updated now.

P.S: I'll delete this post once you read @wish upon star. Let me know

Hi, yes, I noted both points. Apologies that I missed those two parts of your earlier posts - - 

Here is the image link for A tale of a thousand stars

Here is the image link for Hospital Playlist .

I also updated my post for the one I am watching.

Wish Upon A Star:
Final Call to the following We Watch 2023 Challengers to update your post by 15 Jan 2024, 2359H (UTC), with the drama images to be used for your customised badge for the final award ceremony for 2023
If the image is not updated to your post by 15 Jan 2024 2359H (UTC), the MDL drama poster will be used.
Display Name  | Drama recommended to others | Date of forum post
@dearuto | You Are My Hero | 14 Mar 2023
@marblebees | Oh No! Here Comes Trouble | 1 Sep 2023
@jenn | A Tale of Thousand Stars | 29 Sep 2023
 Wish Upon A Star:

Hi @jenn

I'm sorry, the image to be used for this HosPlay badge should be provided by @SKYLINE instead, as the drama was recommended to you by @SKYLINE. Apologies again!

Noted your image for A Tale of a Thousand Stars and update on AoS. Thank you!

Wish Upon A Star:
@Heracin | Kyuo Kara Ore Wa | 19 Feb 2023

Hello, 

I have (finally ^^""") watched the drama recommended to me (6/10) and updated my post : https://mydramalist.com/discussions/forum-games/83729-we-watch-challenge-2023?pid=2492789&page=4#p2492789

Thanks a lot @Wish Upon A Star for all the follow up and organisation ;-)

I'm so late to this, i am really sorry. I totally forgot updating/watching. But i've watched both the shows recommended to me!

OG comment with my reviews

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/forum-games/83729-we-watch-challenge-2023?pid=2723219&page=10#p2723219

Short version without review:

User Saygo recommended Sweet Home (i rated it 9.5)

xBBBlue recommended Not Me (i rated it 8.5)

Please tell me if i forgot to add something!