6th Challenge | 7th Challenge |8th Challenge: 

Hi Tanii ,

I recommend Extraordinary Attorney Woo. it's a fantastic drama, and it leaves you wanting more. It is one of my favorites and will admit to rewatching it more than three times now.

Once again I am open to recommendations and as always no horror, please. My PTW are suggestions you can look at but feel free to recommend something you feel I may like. Also, for now, not anything longer than 16 episodes, 16 episodes is okay,

Hi SelmaS , no worries. Oh my ghost is almost a decade old and I will admit some of those shows did not age well but hold out some value for those watching them as they aired such as Boys over Flowers and Bride of the Century. It's just a matter of preference and I completely understand if that is not your cup of tea but it does give me a better sense of what you might like going forward if I end up recommending a show to you again. Again, this is a fun way to see shows you might have not had on your radar or did but never got to it. That being said I accept your recommendation to watch Moonlight Chicken. I am excited to see Fourth and Gemini as well as EarthMix but more excited for Fourth and Gemini. 

Started: 
Finished:

Rate: 

I enjoyed it very much and I swear I laughed when Uncle Jim was pretty much like, pick a struggle you can't be poor and gay. Like, sir! you are both, what do you mean? LOL. I liked how everyone pretty much got a happy ending and loved a lot of the dialogue but I also felt like a lot of the meaningful dialogue was pushed to the end and then it was over.  I mostly stayed for Fourth and Gemini cause they were so cute and their chemistry was great. Eath and Mix were great too but something about Fourth and Gemini's cute innocent story kept me here

3rd challenge completed!

Hi jenn

No hard feelings? I really wanted to like the drama you recommended but no matter how hard I looked, there were so few things to like about it in my opinion! Sorry!

Would you like to watch Moonlight Chicken? It is a thai bl taking place in and around a chicken restaurant. It is a cute, fun watch, not too long either!

I am ready for the next challenge. As usual anything goes except for the horror (zombies, gore, viruses, cannibals, monsters etc). Dramas I completed are spread over three lists: completed, on hold(short c dramas) and dropped(bls). My little complicated organization. ;-)

EDIT Thank you ElBee. I noticed that drama was highly regarded on Feeds but was never really in the mood for it....Here's my chance to check it out and confirm what I heard! Juvenile Justice, here I come! LOL

FINAL VERDICT Juvenile Justice

Thank you ElBee for making me watch this incredible drama. It did take me two weeks to go through 4 first episodes and one day to finish the rest! It is heart breaking, rage inducing, tragic and optimistic at the same time. The FL is something else, I liked her a lot (in which I seem to be a minority! LOL). The songs are fantastic: I've had them on loop for a week now! I really did not expect to like it; the subject matter is difficult and I find it hard to watch when kids are involved in crime or are victims. But, this drama showed us life, the cutthroat society and the neglect these kids are made to suffer through. The world needs more judges like the FL.  I have only one issue: did they really need to cast a 27 year old actress to play a 13 yr old boy? It really looked weird!9/10

4th challenge completed! 

SelmaS, it took quite a while to find a few titles that you might like bit but haven’t already seen!  :) I decided on Juvenile Justice based on what you’ve rated highly that I am familiar with. It is pretty intense; the performances are powerful. Whether it will suit your taste … that remains to be seen!

Open for recs! As always, no dubbing is my only requirement. My completed list is how to figure out my taste, PTW a big mess of “check this sometime” titles that someday I need to clean up.

I happily accept dearutos challenge for Moonlight! I was surprised it was already in my PTW since most shows I see hyped from China have dubbing (mouths being mismatched drives me bonkers) so I never know where to begin looking! One of my friends on here listed it as a recommended slice of life in feeds according to my notes on it that I don’t remember writing or the post they refer to (my memory for the billion vague/similar English titles is basically that of a goldfish). I am glad you rec’d it since I would’ve just scrolled past it wondering why it was there til 2034+ otherwise!

I had a good time watching them develop a lot of characters quite fully for this show even though a few times it felt like it was taking too long to get through story arcs (been a while since I digested 27 hours of any one show, though, so that is on me). I was happy to get a solid break from toxic characters (one jealous deputy editor aside) and found the performances believable and cute. It was predictable, but it didn’t detract from my enjoyment of it. Thanks! 

2nd challenge completed here

I recommend to watch ElBee to watch Moonlight! Firstly, no dubbing in this drama, both Yu Shuxin and Ding Yuxi are using their own voices. Secondly, I truly feel this is quite an underrated gem in the cdrama world ;;  Lastly... Maybe it's because he's an author but some of his lines are so romantic to me (spoiler: ep 21!!) Hope you will give it a try and like it :) 

I accept SKYLINE's recommendation to watch  Run OnActually not v sure if I will like this but this recommentation is a push to try smth new hehe

I enjoyed this drama more than I thought I would! Thank you for the rec :)) I love how well they blended many elements (e.g running and movie metaphors)

And of course SSK's iconic "fk you" scene - I watched it well hhh

3rd Challenge Completed - Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo

I recommend dearuto to watch either Run On or Discovery of Romance (K)/DOR (CH). Even though my stats say otherwise I haven't watched rom-com last year that much and the ones I watched are predominately Thai, so all I could find was these. If you wish for replacement message me.

Also Discovery of Romance has Korean as well as Chinese version. Sorry, I can't make up my mind on one, so you have to decide. :)

Accepted empires's recommendation - When I Fly Towards You

Status - Completed - (6.0/10)

Started off well, but lost it's touch as prolonged. 5 eps in and I was so hooked, but gradually it felt a bit too much. With 24 eps in the bag, ending felt too rush. I skipped a lot in last 6 eps.
Honestly, I was interested after reading reviews, that said this stood out in it's genre. This passes off as a rom-com, but doesn't showcase youth centred problem with much emphasis.
All characters seemed mature for their age. Someone people do mature early but everyone here had literally no teenager problems, and the ones who had weren't addressed properly.
For me secondary couple was way more interesting than main one.
One thing that I dearly liked was their friendship, it made me miss my school days. Also, there were no unnecessary love triangles and obsessive people.
Had they just showcased more teenage problems - as expected of a youth and a coming of age genre - I bet I would have loved it.
Only character development I saw was in Zhang Lu Rang, he opened up and made effort for himself.
Lastly, felt a bit shallow, nothing too deep and engraving.

Sorry, ems!! :( I took your advise I went in without spoilers though.

Thanks for recommendation!

1st challenge completed here :)

I recommend SKYLINE to watch When I Fly Towards You. It's a bittersweet chinese drama that showcases different slices of life and how bonds stay even when you grow up. I recommend not watching any spoilers on this since it literally makes you more excited for more episodes.

Open to recs! Preferably a short length, korean or a chinese drama, one around 10-15 eps. If possible, kind of like a school romance or a youth drama :)

Accepted Tanii's recommendation to watch Blue Birthday.

1st Challenge | 2nd Challenge | 3rd Challenge completed!

I recommend ems to watch Blue Birthday. You mentioned you wanted a short drama, youth or school related. This may interest you! Also, even though it's 16 eps, it's only 20 mins per ep! :)

image link

I accept ElBee's recommendation to watch Beyond Evil!

I know it took so long to complete, since life got in the way, but I'm glad you gave this as a recommendation since it was such a good show! Thank you! 

5th challenge complete!

Tanii, it looks like you got me again! This time, I’m going with a show on your PTW that might’ve easily been my favorite from 2021, Beyond Evil. It is gritty, full of deeply disturbed people enduring a hellish long term situation full of pain… but the bromance, an unexpected pairing by all accounts, is brilliantly executed by Yeo Jin Goo who I’ve seen since he was a chubby cheeked 5 or 6 year old and veteran star Shin Ha Kyun. Some find it slow, but it felt essential to really dive into the troubled mentality of locals in this nowheresville village. I hope you like it!

Open for recs! My only requirement is no dubbing, and maybe this round keep it under 20 hours, but other than that, I am up for anything! My completed list is a better indicator of what I’ll like than my mess of a PTW one. :)

I accept Saygo’s challenge for Gaus Electronics (mostly bc I am waiting for Gannibal’s second season to drop before I throw myself over and hang off a drama cliff)!

Rating/thoughts: Overall 8/10
My reaction to this was mixed. Some of it I really loved, and at times it felt like the writer was determined to throw more wordplay in than it could really handle and still keep it coherent, so the flow felt disrupted by the writing getting too heavy-handed, making some scenes feel forced/unnatural even though the whole thing was intentional over the top slapstick humor. Even though I caught most of the wordplay without needing to rely on subs, at a few points it stopped being funny, and I love wordplay (Pegasus Market is my favorite pure comedy, but it uses it with a really clinical level of precision and doesn’t get so stuck on rewriting the same joke but builds and injects it carefully to keep the eccentric characters feeling human even in an absurd situation)… I wanted to love this as much, but sometimes it just got kind of tedious. The epilogues/fake ads at the end were slick and the right kind of silly, and the cast did well even though the leads weren’t the most interesting ones to me and I’ve probably overdosed on stories with clumsy leads getting semi-bullied and belittled at work so it detracted from the charm the characters otherwise had. I did enjoy (as I usually do) them nodding to other dramas here and there, too.

That all said, thank you for pushing me to finally cross it off! It was easy casual viewing and while I don’t think the jokes/humor will stay with me like some others and things like the OST seemed a bit lacking, it was a nice easy breezy watch to mix in with the heavier dramas I am watching. :)

1st Challenge :D

Recommendation For  ElBee         - I'm giving you Gannibal (slow sinister thriller mystery) or Gaus Electronics(Eccentric RomCom) .Both were sleeper hits for differnt reasons. Pick what you are in the mood for.

>>Badge----Image

Recommendation From    ElBee     -I accept Boyhood.I planned to watch it at some point now i won't delay.

Status- Completed (10/10)

Rating-8.5

Thoughts-I'm a bit tired of the school bullying theme but this was a nice watch. The middle was a bit wonky but the end was really strong. It made me laugh and i had fun.

6th challenge complete!

My recommendation for Saygo is Boyhood. It stars Im Si Wan who is mentioned on your profile, and it is a fast-paced, high-energy blend of action, comedy, and coming of age shenanigans… I also think the OST is perfect for this particular series and don’t mind that some became a long-lasting earworm infection. :)

Open for recs! No dubbing but otherwise wide open for any kind of story if it is told well! :) 

I accept JulyMoon’s recommendation for 3 Nen A Gumi: Ima kara Mina-san wa, Hitojichi Desu. I will have to watch it somewhere a bit unlawful since Nflix didn’t license it for where I live which is why I couldn’t start it initially. :( I found it available in a less legal form. (Will also probably watch Definitely Not Today since it is available, but you already picked a cover and triggered my Jdrama weakness/fave actor of his generation Suda Masaki lol). 

Rating/thoughts: In short, I loved it! I won’t repeat my feed post about it, but I gave it a 9.5 (while the tokusatsu/student camcorder/phone videos make sense to be low res, I was a little frustrated by them opting, in the land of Panasonic and Sony, to use mediocre equipment for the main camerawork, so it is a half point of “it is 2019, not 2009” minor angst, still, though, masterful work). My post is here: https://mydramalist.com/profile/elbee/feeds/qzjmAhp Thanks for pushing me to go to the dark underworld of illicit streaming sources! It started my February off with a bang (and many booms)!

Completed my second recommendation

@ElBee

My recommendation for you is 3 Nen A Gumi: Ima kara Mina-san wa, Hitojichi Desu. It's in your CW list but since the status is 0/10, I assume you haven't watched/started it yet. This drama left me speechless in a really good way and seeing your top rated dramas, I think you'll like it too. 

Alternatively I recommend Definitely Not Today which is just as good story-wise. 

Open for recommendations. Preferably from my PTW list (but not necessarily) and below 30 episodes as I had too many long dramas lately that disappointed me and I still have two left for my soon to watch plan (Hikaru no Go and Till the End of the Moon). See my profile for tropes I like/dislike. :)

I  happily accept Selma's recommendation for Mama Gogo. Thank you for the needed push to actually start watching this drama. I was about to watch it so many times only to end up watching something else instead. xD It'll be great to see some familiar faces like Drake, Earth and Gunsmile. :)

Rating/Review: 9.0 A solid, funny and enjoyable drama. I was positively surprised by the character development (didn't really expect it) and some legit comments on establishment for men and women and the different social acceptance and prejudice of such. 

4th challenge completed

Thank you ElBee for recommending an amazing though difficult drama: Juvenile Justice which fully deserves great reviews!

Hello JulyMoon!

This challenge seems to have slowed down a bit but never fear: the new recommendation is here. Mama Gogo is a thai drama by GMMTV so many familiar faces are in the cast as dancers in a bar! The drama is funny, sweet and sexy in a cute way! I saw it on your PTW list: it lived on mine for a long time until I decided to give it a look! Two days later I was starting the last episode and regretting it was the end! I hope you like it just as much!

As for me, please give me a new drama to watch. The only genre I cannot watch is the horror so: NO zombies, NO killer viruses, NO cannibals, NO extreme bullying, NO monsters....well, NO HORROR! Ghosts are OK! I love ghosts! LOL

EDIT: Hello dearuto, I gladly accept your challenge and it will be Love You Seven Times. I quite like short costume c dramas (I only watch those and I saw The Untamed and Word of Honor,that's it) so it is going to be a novelty watching a regular long drama!. I have trouble with modern c dramas because of the propaganda and I read and dropped the webtoon of See You In My 9th Life so, I am lucky not to have to choose that! LOL Thank you for the recommendation!

FINAL VERDICT: Love You Seven Times  Well, now I know why I only watch short c dramas! LOL Not that this one was bad, but it was draggy: I did spend a lot of time playing games on my phone (not a fan of FFWing!)! On the other hand it should be made the recommanded starter watch for c costume dramas: the seven stories cover all kinds of ancient historical dramas, it is full of obligatory red herrings (the bad guys wear white!) , coughing blood of varied colours, beautiful CGI sets and nice music. The main actor is so pretty and cute: those dimples and that smile are to die for! Nevertheless, the dragginess prevailed and therefore only 7.5/10.

Third Challenge completed here

I recommend SelmaS the following dramas! Please take your pick - I scrolled thru your list butI wasn't sure if you would like the the dramas I liked/watched

•  See You in my 19th Life
    • A rather short k-drama (10 episodes). The drama does fall abit short towards the end but I still enjoyed it overall. Shin Hye Sun >>>>
  • A Romance of the Little Forest 
    • Modern drama about a fashion blogger and botany professor featuring Yu Shuxin and Zhang Binbin! Rather cliche storyline but I did enjoy the development of the two main characters and their love for their own passion
  • Love You Seven Times 
    • Personally a xianxia that I liked a lot since it doesn't fall into the very typical Xianxia storyline. Talks about the interwined fate between the two leads and the lengths they went to protect their love

Open to recs~ Hopefully something lighthearted or a rom-com :) 

I accept SKYLINE 's recommendation to watch Love is Color Blind!

My first PH movie! I thought it was quite a nice watch :) I did enjoy the chemistry between the leads and how the FL was so endearing and persistent in trying her best to help the ML T-T

4th Challenge completed - When I Fly Towards You

I recommend dearuto to watch either Love is Color Blind or To the moon and back.

I'm again being indecisive while recommending you. You haven't watched much from other countries except Korea and China. So, I'm giving you a Filipino Movie and a Thai Drama, make a choice. If you wish for replacement message me.

Accepted Sweetsis_warrior's recommendation - Vigilante

Status - Completed - (6.5/10)

This wasn't as intriguing as expected of a dark hero fiction, haven't read webtoon so no bias. Story was one-dimensional flowing with steady pace, nothing that can be called as a big twist or wow factor. Very predictable and random. I don't know why but I found the climax fight scene funny despite being something of immense importance to plot, there was little to no tension. I saw no character development.

Would love a recommendation for rom-com as I struggle to find any I will watch or any Taiwanese drama as I've watched very few. Korean and thai are my go to