1st Challenge|| 2nd Challenge|| 3rd Challenge:

Hi Neriya

Here are few recommendations for you. Let me know if you prefer something else :))

1. It's Okay to Not Be Okay Or
  2. Falling Into Your Smile Or
  3. Hidden Love

Accepted Recommendation From maia_1618 - Marry My Husband 

Status- Completed 

Rating- 8/10

Review - Overall an enjoyable one time watch. The drama had a very strong start. The premise was so strong that I was sure it would be one of 10's but the writing of later episodes kinda ruined it for me. In the last few episodes it fell short and felt a bit rushed! The revenge plot felt too stretched at times.

The acting of FL was convincing and good ! The pain ! The betrayal! One could feel it but was a little disappointed with the chemistry between her and ML initially, though it was picked up in later episodes. Surprisingly the main antagonists stole the show for me with their acting skills. 

The ending for me was satisfactory but a lot could have been done with that story and the talented cast.

Hello! I would like to partecipate!
So if I understand correctly I should recommand something to Jojo77  

I saw your profile, here are three choice:

-  Marry My Husband 

-  Death's Game  (from your ptw)

-  Goblin  (from your ptw)

1st Challenge:

I accept   jenn     challenge for Sweet Home ! ? Thank you! 

16th Challenge | 17th Challenge: 

Hello maia_1618 ,

Welcome to the challenge. Hope you enjoy it as several of us do. Looking through your Completed list and your PTW. I recommend the following:

1.  Be My Favorite- Thai Drama; BL. Very cute and one of my favorites.

2.  Sweet Home - K drama; It has Song Kang <3 . Song Kang has to survive in this apartment complex that he just moved into , which seem to have "monsters".

3. 3 Papas - J drama. This one was recommended to me recently from this challenge and I LOVED IT. its about three friends, who end up raising a child together.

*I know this is not Song Kang but I love him just as much

Open for recs. Please something short and light. Have a stressful time at work and want to unwind.

Hi JulyMoon  

I accept your recommendation to watch Casa Amor: Exclusive for Ladies. I read the synopsis and it seems like my kind of watch. 

FYI. Your link to your MDL Watch Challenge is not working. (I was trying to stalk so I can see what shows I can add to mine cause I am struggling LOL)

Started: 03.21.24
Finished: 03.21.24

Rate: 8

I enjoyed it a lot and it was a great movie. Loved how it started with so much stigma and then it unwraps itself as we get to know more of the characters. the FL did get me annoyed at times but I feel like her and her husband are a great fit for each other.

5th challenge complete

Hi jenn, 

since you ask for something short and light, I recommend you comedy movies that I really loved. 

Open for recommendations. Preferably from my MDL Watch Challenge list or something short. Currently I'm into Chinese Short Length Series. And I wouldn't mind Movie recs, because I haven't watched many movies lately. Thank you! :)

I accept ElBee's recommendation for Reset. The length is fine, thank you! I'm watching a 40 episode drama now and would like something smaller to go with it. ;) 

Status: Completed - Wow what a ride. The drama kept me on the edge of my seat with anxiety. There were a couple shockers throughout the drama because it makes you feel like you are a part of the happenings. Sometimes it got a bit repetitive but that's to be expected from a loop story drama. Towards the end I found a few loopholes that left questions but nothing that I would nitpick on. A solid drama and definitely to be recommended when you're looking for a good thriller. 

Rating: 9.0

15th Challenge complete!

Hi, again, JulyMoon!

I admit I am not the best guide for Chinese titles, but on the plus side, nothing I have watched is a 50 episode sort of title? I am assuming that dramas under 12 hours qualify as short. :)

Three Chinese recs coming at you:

Reset is a time loop drama, so there are repeated scenes that change ever so slightly or change in massive ways as the young protagonists try to save everyone on a bus that is set to explode. 15eps x 45mins

Better Days is a movie that on its face is nothing new-victim of school bullying rescued by a rough around the edges king of guy, etc., but it did everything right in crafting it, and the acting is quite impressI’ve and easy to get immersed into. 138 mins

A Murderous Affair in Horizon Tower is a murder mystery with actually competent detectives though the charm of it is in how it peels off the layers of characters intricately. There is an actress that is not so beloved playing the adult Mei Bao the now-deceased resident of this wealthy high rise, so if she is someone you have a strong dislike for, it might not be the best choice. (I’d never seen her in anything and found her adequate for the role since it is not a very challenging role to depict; she is certainly quite pretty and her big eyes make empathizing with her pretty easy.) 16eps x 40mins

Open for recs up to 30 hours long-be it a thriller or quirky oddball drama, if it is good, throw it at me! Only hard requirements=no dubbing! Please ignore my PTW I can’t bring myself to clean up (bc I would have to stop watching a drama to do that); my completed list/ratings will guide you best! I am trying to watch more outside of South Korea, for whatever that is worth!

I accept dearuto’s challenge for Love Endures! I have seen posts with photos of the leads but have actually never seen any of the top 6 in anything, so this will be wholly new territory for me cast-wise! Thanks for a rec I’ve never heard of and only vaguely know the names of the leads, not anything about em (but wow, she has gotten loads of digital flowers gifted to her on here lol!!) ?

Rating/thoughts: Okay, finally got it all watched 3 weeks later! I gave it an 8.5, the main detraction being that there was a slow lagging (for me) period that was hard to stay interested during even before it even got to the halfway point. It made me want it to pick up the pace or do more of “something” despite being a slice of life… but the last 12 episodes in particular (the healing arc) were perfection and made it worth what kind of felt, sorry for the play on the title, like an endurance test sometimes. it definitely was not something I could enjoy as a binge quickly kind of show-I had to watch a couple of episodes then go run to something plot centered for a while, especially early in the viewing before they got more glued to my brain as people I wanted to keep watching. I like the way they used flashbacks at appropriate times though sometimes having them actually reminisce about the younger scenes before showing them felt a little weird admittedly. At least there wasn’t too much explanation in the future tense intro to their youth!

The cast did a GREAT job with their very different characters and interactions-that is the strength and kind of everrrything to this drama, so it had to be strong. The romance is revealed bit by bit in a beautiful way (even though that game is a little too, well, unrealistic even if they had lots of home videos to draw from lol. I would be kind of scared if AI could produce that level of interactive experience with real people in my life based on so little data lol-deep fakes already unnerve me). The OST, while I could’ve used a little more variety, almost makes it feel like the show was written (as some others are like First Love Hatsukoi-I think that is one of em at least) based on the songs. The lyrics were on the nose, that is for sure, and her cameo is really sweet. It was crafted meticulously, sometimes in a way that felt a little tiring or tired but still made sense (some spontaneity in the format could’ve helped me feel like it was dragging less before we got to the present day timeline). I still did really enjoy it overall, albeit at my snail’s pace til I flew through the last 12 in 3 days despite being busier than usual all of them. The show lost its concealing shell and in turn I was the one who, by comparison to the 18 days prior, flew through the last stretch. :)

Thanks for the rec! 

Fifth Challenge completed here

I recommend ElBee to watch Love Endures! It's a rather under-rated coming-of-age drama (it did well locally but not much traction internationally) about growth, love, friendship and family. I decided to recommend this because you said you're trying to watch non-SK dramas and... I am only familiar with cdramas HAHA. I started the show thinking it's about a cute friends to lovers drama about adults born in the 90s BUT upon observing the way certain characters act, you start to realize the small details that seem to clue into something bigger that has happened that resulted in why each character acts in a certain way. I think everyone already knows how dependable Yangzi acting is and it's Chengcheng that really shined in this drama for me, he played Jiangyi so well (to me) that it was hard to get over him after.  I really hope you enjoy this drama as much as I did! 

Open to any k/cdrama! Hopefully c-drama because it's been awhile since I found a good c-drama to watch uwu

I accept jenn's recommendation to watch Weak Hero Class 1! Heard many good things about this drama so nice to have a push to start watching it :) 

NGL it was personally hard for me to watch through this drama so I ended up watching in x2 A LOT. but I can totally see why people recommended and liked this drama so much - it's extremely action packed and the plot moves really quickly but not in an overwhelming manner. The way the story progressed was sad and not an ideal ending imo but I saw the drama was confirmed for a second season! I'll def be looking forward to it 

16th Challenge | 17th Challenge | 18th Challenge:

Hello dearuto

Unfortunately, I do not watch a lot of C Dramas, but I have seen many more K dramas and J dramas, so I am recommending three so you can see which one piques your interest. I believe one of these was not on your PTW but I decided to recommend in case it may interest you. Now that I think about it .... none of these were on your PTW  but have fun. Always fun to pick something new

1. Kieta Hatsukoi - Japan; BL;
2. Weak Hero Class 1 (2022) - K drama;
3. Hi Bye, Mama!  - K drama

OOH wait, I just finished a c-drama in case you are very against the others.

4. My Decoyed Bride - C Drama ; it's a short series. 10-12 min episodes. 

Open to new recommendations but please nothing dark or longer than 16 hours UNLESS its a MUST SEE kind of series then I will try it.

Sweetsis_warrior  I accept your recommendation for Racket Boys. 

Started: 03.23.24
Finished: 03.26.24

Rate: 9
I FUCKING LOVED IT. This coming-of-age drama hit me in all the right places. I loved the friendships and the development of each character including the adults. Only reason it was not a full 10 is because I wanted to see the village welcome the new city people in their town and I wanted to see more of In-Sol playing and not just in the last 2 minutes. 

8 th drama completed

Jenn 

I recommend the-police-station-next-to-fire-station ( shortened name is first responders) shows great friendship between the characters helping each other though it isn't their speciality. The cases are interesting as well

https://mydramalist.com/705077-courier ( black Knight) way too short about those in power trying to keep their status as the human population lives underground 

cold-case-provisional-task-force ( intern detective) this one shows just rewarding hard work can be even when others are trying prevent success for you and another character learns off of him 

rocket-boy-squad had some very sweet moments after a family moved to the countryside so the teenage boy decides to go back into badminton

I'm open to recommendations but no longer than 12 episodes if possible and would like to watch either a medical or crime genre 

I accept daily dose of sunshine 

It was definitely a great watch but wished it focused less on the romance and more on the patients and wished it did more disorder cases 

1st Challenge  ||2nd Challenge|| 3rd Challenge :D

Recommendation For  Sweetsis_warrior        -I like the crime genre too  so you can pick between Through the Darkness, A Shop for Killers or The King of Pigs.

Since you don't have access to those i will pick from netflix.

You can pick one from Hospital PlaylistDaily Dose of Sunshine, Money Heist: Korea or Extracurricular

>>Badge----Image

Recommendation From JulyMoon        -I accept Memories of Murder.

Status- Completed (2hrs 12min)

Rating-8/10

Thoughts-I recognized the case this was based on . I recently watched signal. I can see why it is so highly regarded. The fact that it is based on a true story is so disheartening. It is a good movie for the time it was made.

6th challenge complete

@Saygo Finding a recommendation wasn't easy, haha. You watched all the ones I would've recommended but since our taste seems to be quite similar I'm going with this four you haven't watched. 

The First Responders (an action filled thriller drama that I binged, 12 episodes with a duration of 60 minutes each) 

Memories of Murder (a mystery thriller movie and really good) 

The Glory (on your PTW, I haven't watched it myself, but I read quite good reviews of it, 8 episodes á 50 minutes)

Vigilante (I can only speak for the cast which is excellent, it's also on my PTW and I'm quite sure you would like it, 8 episodes á 44 minutes) 

Open for recommendations. Preferably from my MDL Watch Challenge Custom List and something short. Currently I'm into Chinese Short Length Series. And I wouldn't mind Movie recs, because I haven't watched many movies lately. Thank you! :)

I had a hard time deciding, solana. You picked such interesting dramas. :) I choose The Gifted. 

Rating: TBA

1st Challenge

Hello JulyMoon! I don't watch c-dramas that much so I checked your MDL challenge list, and there are some series I would like to recommend to you, so you can choose any of these three. 

The Sign - this is an action and investigation series (the characters are cops/detectives), ++ there's also some supernatural parts. This has 12 ep with around 50min each. 

The Gifted - it's about students with gifted potentials (power) This has 13 ep with 55min each. 

It's Okay, That's Love - I watched this a long time ago, but from what I remember, it's a drama and psychological genre (some characters are in medical field). Compared to the other 2, this has 16 episodes with 60min each.

Open for recommendations! My PTW list is long so you can just recommend me anything but I'm slow with watching longer series, so if possible, please recommend a short-length one. Thank you!

I accept Jojo77's recommendation to watch Alchemy of Souls. Though this has a lot of episodes, it looks promising and worth watching. Thanks for your recommendation!

It's a good series. I kind of regretted dropping this back then. The plot, cast, and portrayal of the characters—everything is just so good. Every episode was worth watching, and I wasn't really bored of it, even though there are 20 episodes. I'm going to start watching the second season because I'm curious about what happened to Naksu. Thank you Jojo77 for recommending this series!! <3

3rd Challenge || 4th Challenge :

Hi solana

Here are few options from your PTW. Let me know if you prefer something else.

1. Because This Is My First Life Or

2. Daily Dose of Sunshine Or

3. Alchemy of Souls (Season 1)

Any Kdrama or cdrama romantic drama works for me.

Accepted Recommendation From dearuto - Our Secret

Status- Completed 

Rating- 7.5/10

It was a good one time watch. I had a lot of expectations from the series and somewhere I was little disappointed.
Starting episodes have alot of potential but the character of FL was weak. Her perusing science over arts because the ML took science didn't sit well with me.
The chemistry was there (a lot of fluff and cute moments) but them not communicating properly just threw me off a little.
It's not bad as the acting of leads is good to watch but it could have been better!

Sixth Challenge completed here

I recommend Jojo77  to watch either: 

•  You Are My Hero:
    • A simple love story between a SWAT officer and Doctor. I love how natural their chemistry was which also explains why so many of their scenes were adlibs. and also. Xiao Bai here >>
  • Love Me, Love My Voice 
    • Also a simple drama-free love story between a big-shot voice actor/doctor and cover singer. I loved the pacing of the drama, and how wholesome all the characters were. This drama is also based on a novel written by MBFB, who also wrote Go Go Squid/AASOL/One and Only etc
  • Our Secret 
    • A school drama that I enjoyed a lot and I noticed it was also on your PTW! Zhou Siyue >>>>

Hoping for a c-drama rec! but k-drama is also fine :) 

I accept Jenn's recommendation to watch Twinkling Watermelon!

I absolutely get why this drama was loved so much when it was airing... I loved the characters, the actors had great chemistry with each other and my heart strings were tugged so much as I was watching the show. I laughed and cried together with the characters and this drama has def made it to my Favorite list! I also appreciate the normalization of sign language in the drama :) 

16th Challenge | 17th Challenge | 18th Challenge | 19th Challenge:

Once again  dearuto

I hope you don't mind another rec from me. I really tried to find a c-drama that I may have seen and this is one I enjoyed a bit. Regardless I recommended two other k dramas in case.

1. Twinkling Watermelon - k drama
2. Derailment  - c drama
3.  Hi Bye, Mama!  - K drama

Open to new recommendations but please nothing dark or longer than 16 hours UNLESS its a MUST SEE kind of series then I will try it.

Hello neriya!
this is the first rec I get from you so I am excited.  I chose Soundtrack #1  because it as been coming up on my for you reels and it caught my interest. 

Started: 04.01.24
Finished: 04.01.24

Rate: 8
It was cute but I kinda wanted a little more development of their relationship. very cute but I got moments where it just felt soo dragged out somehow

I

Hi jenn! You're a much more experienced drama watcher than me, and the ones where I watched and you didn't, it had darker themes haha. Regardless, I hope one of these is to your liking:

1. Gaus Electronics - charming office romcom! in my opinion, the best kwak dong yeon acting performances are when he plays the loser, pathetic type lol (12ep x 50m)

2. The Heavenly Idol - this one garnered a lot of negative reviews, and i don't quite understand why. the romance is lowkey and on the slower side, which i liked. the chemistry between the leads were there as well. if you go in knowing that it's on the cheesy and cornier side, i feel like you'd enjoy it more :D (12ep x 70m)

3. Soundtrack #1 - there's not much to say about this one, other than the fact that it shows an authentic portrayal of what it's like to fall in love with your best friend. cute and short, with good acting! (4ep x 45m)

No historical dramas please! I'd prefer if it's either Korean or Japanese as well.

I accept Sweetsis's recommendation of All of Us Are Dead. I've seen my dad watch it back when it aired. He seemed to have really liked it, and that fact stuck with me since he's not the biggest fan of k-dramas!

Rating: 9.0

Thoughts: OMG this was so good! The actions and personalities of the characters made sense even though some of them annoyed me. The actors -- from the main to the extras -- all acted their hearts out and made me immersed in the story. A lot of people love Soo Hyuk and Nam Ra's chemistry, but I personally preferred Chung San's and On Jo's haha. I can't wait for season 2, thanks for the rec <3