I just found this thread today, and I read through some of it. :)

Egobandit wrote: - Conflict that is caused completely through lack of communication, especially when the characters could solve it in thirty seconds of dialogue. I can't stand dramas that have some main conflict that could be solved in the first few episodes if the characters actually attempted to explain themselves.

I agree with so many things that have been said (but there are also many things I've never seen, or not yet - I should be thankful, right?), but the above is probably the most annoying thing to me. Another thing is evil, scheaming second leads - I just don't understand why so many dramaland women insist on chasing after a guy who clearly does not want them. Also, I really dislike male leads who are complete jerks! It's a good thing there are dramas that don't have these things in them, or not so much that it bothers me terribly, anyway. :)
Same here, first time seeing the thread! Oh my god, hilarious.

wrote: Law #47 - pj’s? what is the meaning of this?

SO TRUE. In my love from the star, the main lead always just pops right into bed and wakes up with crinkle-free attire and a perfectly groomed face/hair. hahahaha, it's like the guys just take those one or two brooding showers and then somehow stay beautiful & clean the rest of the drama even though they sleep in all their clothes.

OH and random side note, @lily_b: (I havent read the rest of this conversation, but just saw your paragraph) I hate when guys act borderline abusive but jerks arent so bad. i think why so many dramas have jerks is cause they make for a good conflict ^^ Like personally, I hated the main couple in the Heirs because there wasn't any conflict in their relationship in terms of personal development...booooring. But I know what you mean :)
Another thing I just saw in the episode I'm watching: girls always smile (if it's not the evil, scheaming second lead) when they break up/when someone breaks up with them. As if it's the worst thing in the world to show that you're sad. I thought about this a few times... The last thing something happened to me (not a breakup, though), I suddenly caught myself smiling very cheerfully as if to contradict what I was feeling, and I stopped to think: "Wow, I must really have been watching too much j-drama!" *lol*
If there's one thing that really makes me frustrated - more than any of the things I mentioned above - then it is when the male lead choses "the noble sacrifice" path and tells terrible lies to break up, because he thinks it's better to hurt the person who loves him this way, than to live together. A loves B. B loves A.So everything should be great, right? But A can't believe that this love is enough to make B happy, so A tells B that he doesn't love her. Because A loves B so much that he wants what's "best" for her. Instead, A choses to be with C, whom he doesn't love. This logic is something I can never understand. Why is it not enough for A that B tells him that their love makes her happy?
Totally agree with lily_b.

Spoiler >>> Sapuri and Last Cinderella are good examples of this.
Just adding.... Philippines seemed to be the most preferred escape route of the characters specifically fugitives in most dramas. I noticed this I believe on 5 dramas I've seen. I can't remember the 2 but it was mentioned on City Hunter, Two Weeks and recently God's Gift, 14 days. LOL, what are they implying on my beloved country., XD Another one.. The serial killer will be faster no matter how fast you run.
ylisse wrote: Just adding....

Philippines seemed to be the most preferred escape route of the characters specifically fugitives in most dramas. I noticed this I believe on 5 dramas I've seen. I can't remember the 2 but it was mentioned on City Hunter, Two Weeks and recently God's Gift, 14 days. LOL, what are they implying on my beloved country., XD

LOL. Sadly not just in s.korea dramas/movies but I also hear it often in non-asian series/movies as well. Killers, terrorism, money laundering, drugs etc.. all in the Phil. Shucks. I wonder what the world thinks of our country...
bluemoon_onna wrote: LOL. Sadly not just in s.korea dramas/movies but I also hear it often in non-asian series/movies as well. Killers, terrorism, money laundering, drugs etc.. all in the Phil. Shucks. I wonder what the world thinks of our country...

I hope the viewers will not take it too seriously though, because in reality we do have a very friendly country, right kababayan? hehehe
ylisse wrote: I hope the viewers will not take it too seriously though, because in reality we are a very friendly country, right kababayan? hehehe

Tama ka diyan! :D
Law 58 - the love triangle