Are any dramas that you really couldn't wait to see, but ended up being rather disappointed in? 

Alternatively, are there any dramas that you didn't really have much interest in, but gave it a try because it just so happened, and then ended up loving them?

I was really interested in Shopping King Louis, but couldn't  finish watching it. Another show that I was pretty disappointed in was Hwarang. It's been on hold for me for more than several months. Similar thing happened with Cinderella and four knights, although I actually finished this one. Doctor Crush seemed super interesting to me, but I ended up hating it. I struggled through first 3 episodes, put it on hold, watched another 2 or 3 and ended up never going back to it. 

On the other hand, I had 0 interest in Fight My Way. I gave it a try and it ended up on my top 10 show list. I was also very moderately interested in Another Miss Oh and ended up absolutely loving it. 

Boys over Flowers- Going into it, I already knew that it would be full of cliches. I love cliches, so I thought I'd love it. Turned out BOF wasn't exactly my cup of tea. The first and probably last time I'll ever experience SLS that hard. (My rating:  2/10)

Jugglers- Seemed like a drama I was in the mood for. It had all the fluff I was craving, but later the fluff turned into cringe. Had to skip the entire second half of the show.  Also, it was pretty boring so... (My rating:  5/10)

I'm Not a Robot- The concept was interesting, so it had piqued my interest and I was waiting for a good time to watch it. When I actually watched it, I didn't expect 32 half-hour episodes full of me just skipping through everything. Honestly, I found it pretty boring and mediocre save for the robot concept, which I enjoyed. (My rating:  6.5/10)

Because This is My First Life- When this was airing, my feeds were filled with screencaps and quotes from this drama. Hell, even I can't say it's a bad drama. But did I enjoy it? Not really. It's definitely not a time passer as the topics covered in the drama were very deep, but I would also not classify it as a favorite. I think it really depends on the viewer. This drama would probably be more enjoyable to a mature person who enjoys realistic-ish everyday type romances., and also doesn't mind dialogue heavy dramas.  As for me? I'll stick to my cliches and guilty pleasures. (My rating:  6.5/10)

I have to agree with I'm Not a Robot. I skipped tons of scenes in this one. I also didn't really feel like I had to watch it. I didn't put it on my list only because I didn't really wait too long for this one, so the disappointment was not too huge for me. 

Goblin and The Bride of Habaek were such a huge let down after all the hype. I usually binge a good show in a couple days but it took me weeks to finish Goblin and months to finish Habaek.

A show I didnt have any hope in was Hana yori Dango but it actually got more interesting as it went along. Same can be said with Last Cinderella- loved it.

Because of this I watch more j-dramas as their stories tend to be better BUT I must say that S. Korean movies have a leg up on the Japanese.

shows that were disappointing 

* Into the World Again 

I loved the cast and was excited  to see the show but was disappointed with the female lead who I loved in Millionaire's First Love.... She lacked emotion and thought she should be happy that her first love was back and she had a second chance (miracle) but wasted most of her time sulking while the male lead was amazing 

*Package

I saw the cast and was happy to see Jung Yong Hwa again in a show.... Again the female lead from Millionaire's First Love was blah and either fighting with the lead make or depressed and the other couples were miserable too 

* Fight My Way 

Park Seo Joon is one of my favourite male actors and also one of the best kisser's in k-dramas so I was expecting some hot kissing scenes like in Witch's Romance but was disappointed in the female lead.... She started off strong when they were in high school and then she became really weak and boring.... She is supposed to be in love with him since childhood but when he tried to kiss her a few times she acted like it was a complete stranger trying to kiss her and running away or acting like he was a pervert....i was also disappointed about her hair and make- up since she is gorgeous but  they made her and her best friend look horrible most of the time with frizzy hair and no make-up.... The 2nd female lead ( who I love in other shows) was written like a door mat and wouldn't stand up to the woman after her long term boyfriend or his family who treated her badly until about 3/4 through the show.....I only liked Park Seo Joon and the bromance with his coach 

* any show with Shin Se Kyung

I watched Fashion King, Bride of the Water God 4 episodes of Black Knight and they were all bad since I couldn't stand her since she was whiny, screamed/fell too much and I could NOT sympathize with her characters.... I liked the 2nd lead females and the lead males and wished they cast another female 

Black Knight/Man who Guards me.

Writing just fell off. Wasted potential imo

Literally just watched it for Sharon and her fashion

bride of habaek 

i couldnt take it seriously lol it was terrible