Being  an a big fan and avid lover of Korean Dramas I feel off late am really  not able to watch them any more- Is something seriously wrong with me???  I wonder or I have had too much of them or the writing and direction is  getting so monotonous.

Somehow the following is a list of dramas that I dropped despite it getting great reviews - i just could not continue.

Or is it just me and Im overexposed to the point of exhaustion -( i must admit offlate i find that a lot of Chinese dramas are better) 

Does anyone else feel that way?

1. 20th Century Boy and Girl
  2. Black
  3. Black Knight: The Man Who Guards Me
  4. Cheese in the Trap
  5. Cinderella and the Four Knights
  6. Descendants of the Sun
  7. Doubtful Victory
  8. Entertainer
  9. Entourage
  10. Eulachacha Waikiki
  11. Falsify
  12. Glamorous Temptation
  13. Good-bye Mr. Black
  14. Hospital Ship
  15. I Have a Lover
  16. Live Up to Your Name
  17. Local Hero
  18. Man in the Kitchen
  19. Man to Man
  20. Manhole
  21. Money Flower
  22. Monster
  23. Nice Witch
  24. Please Come Back, Mister
  25. Remember – War of the Son
  26. Revolutionary Love
  27. Save Me
  28. Second to Last Love
  29. Should We Kiss First?
  30. Sweet Stranger and Me
  31. The Bride of Habaek
  32. The Master of Revenge
  33. Two Cops
  34. While You Were Sleeping
  35. You're Too Much

But this list has other country dramas as well.

Other dramas:

1. The Flame's Daughter
  2. Pin Anong
  3. Cruel Romance

What is it about the drama that made you drop it? I love Pin Anong, it's one my favorite of the Weir/Min pairing :) . Cheese in the trap started out great and then around ep 10 (i think) total WTF.... I haven't watched a couple you listed but the ones I have I liked (a few I've started but yet to finish)

Niemph:

What is it about the drama that made you drop it? I love Pin Anong, it's one my favorite of the Weir/Min pairing :) . Cheese in the trap started out great and then around ep 10 (i think) total WTF.... I haven't watched a couple you listed but the ones I have I liked (a few I've started but yet to finish)

pin anong i think started to go downhill after ep 14 or so- i like it when the leads have trust and the girl is strong and stands up for herself - so when i saw that the lead girl and her mother got so annoying and supportive of the manipulative owner that they dont know the difference between right and wrong and so weak- ifelt i had to drop it. When the mother tries to murder her soninlaw by mixing poison in the food and not letting go of the slave mentality - i find it annoying.

I feel one must be grateful but at the same time know the difference between right and wrong and the girl even after marrying and accepting her husband goes back and forth between her other lovers/ or suitors and faking pregnancy to protect someone doing wrong- i felt was bad writing.

I like to watch when the leads are strong or atleast persisting towards their goal - not vacillating

sorry got carried away i guess should not be so critical but -just my 2penny thought

@moonbean...I completely agree...I haven't really liked a kdrama in long time....even the popular ones...I just don't enjoy them anymore...I have gone back to American shows and come on MDL occasionally to see if there is any interesting drama...

Even I dropped descendants of sun and bride of habaek

Ankita:

Even I dropped descendants of sun and bride of habaek

thanks thought was the lone one here - currently liking the The Love Knot: His Excellency’s First Love

seems ok so far

Toomuchdrama:

@moonbean...I completely agree...I haven't really liked a kdrama in long time....even the popular ones...I just don't enjoy them anymore...I have gone back to American shows and come on MDL occasionally to see if there is any interesting drama...

True to your name @TOOMUCHDRAMA i think the older ones before 2017 were far better- KD seems to have lost its steam i really liked the older ones between 2006-2016

Toomuchdrama:

I saw you have Road to North on your list - I would suggest Can you hear my heart instead - one of my favourites (hope you havnt seen it)- i hardly rewatch any but this one is an ACE and i ran it 10 on 10  in terms of writing direction and acting

also oh my venus was good i liked the actors

I kinda felt this too, I thought it was just a slump. But I now have quite a big list of dramas on my currently watching, and I can't bring myself to complete some of them. But I'm not the type of person who likes dropping dramas halfway. 

The first few episodes of some of the dramas entertain me for a while and then I lose interest in finding out what happens next, or I can guess the ending and am just not interested in watching it. 

Then I feel bad rating a drama if I did have a huge break in the middle of it, because I'm not sure whether I have to take that pause into consideration.

I don't know. I'm just kinda confused.

Out of the ones you listed I've finished Descendants of the Sun, While You Were Sleeping and Cheese in the Trap (took 2 tries). I only liked the latter two. I tried Hospital Ship but I didn't finish it either, it became boring. All the other recent dramas I've liked and finished are not on you're list though. They're popular too so I'm assuming you've watched at least some of them. Actually I think of myself deep enough into the k-drama scene but I haven't even heard of half the dramas on your list. I have some suggestions to your problem:

• These past few years there's been more dramas being made so since the quantity is larger there is also more dramas you won't like
  • You aren't in the mood for that particular drama (like my Cheese in the Trap attempts)
  • I feel dramas have become more story/life-based and less padam-padam heart-beating squealing romance
  • The drama may be good but you aren't getting attached to the characters (a problem I have) which somewhat links to the previous point so you aren't being driven to watch more/finish it

Based off my last two points, I do think dramas have changed. With older dramas I used to be able to just skip bad parts and only watch the good (falling in love) parts but I haven't been able to do that with any dramas lately. I find I have to watch the whole thing. So I guess the pacings different and it's not as dramatic or over-the-top as they used to be.

The Bride of Habaek- what a freakin crap show that was lol One of the first dramas I watched and after expanding my drama repertoire I've come to realize it was just shitty. 

Save Me- I think with this one you have to have like... certain taste for it. I personally LOVED it and it's become a fav of mine (wouldn't watch it again tho since it's so dark and frustrating). I say give it another chance if you can.

Money Flower- Another one that you have to have... I want to say adult/ more mature taste for :-/ Its slow pacing, not much action, and has a wee bit of romance BUT I thought it was amazing (not counting the last 30 minutes of the last episode that pretty much ruined it for me) and a must watch for those who particularly like a revenge plot.

The Love Knot/ Moonshine and Valentine- Man I have yet to be addicted to a show like I am this one. Was never the type to be all caught up on a currently airing show but I just could NOT help myself when it came to this one. If it keeps going like this, this may be the first drama I give a 10.

Personally I think the Chinese are currently killing it with their dramas, and this is coming from someone who thinks J-Dramas are superior to everybody else -_-

I dropped   Bride of haeback 

Most Kdramas of 2017 and 2018 have been mediocre, but this is also true of most Cdramas (which are, in my opinion, several degrees worse.)

Very worth watching though:

My Ahjussi

Avenger's Social Club

Moneyflower

Because It's My First Life

DayDreamer:

I kinda felt this too, I thought it was just a slump. But I now have quite a big list of dramas on my currently watching, and I can't bring myself to complete some of them. But I'm not the type of person who likes dropping dramas halfway. 

The first few episodes of some of the dramas entertain me for a while and then I lose interest in finding out what happens next, or I can guess the ending and am just not interested in watching it. 

Then I feel bad rating a drama if I did have a huge break in the middle of it, because I'm not sure whether I have to take that pause into consideration.

I don't know. I'm just kinda confused.

Of the recent ones I liked A Poem a day seemed somewhat good, I also liked

Oh JAk doo, 

Because this is my first life, 

Jugglers, Im not a Robot, 

Strongest delivery man, 

Suspicious Partner (leads r cute and comedy was so good) and 

Strong woman do bong soon

Looks like I need to make a list of the ones i liked in the recent past

Olive4213:

Most Kdramas of 2017 and 2018 have been mediocre, but this is also true of most Cdramas (which are, in my opinion, several degrees worse.)

Very worth watching though:

My Ahjussi

Avenger's Social Club

Moneyflower

Because It's My First Life

I thought some of the recent CDramas were good  tho- Did you not like Only Side by Side with you, Cinderella Chef, MR Right, Love Knot ? Im kind of liking them though