Inspired by this now a thread for ALL kind of unpopular opinoins of ALL kind of asian dramas. It can be Chinese, Japanese, Taiwanese, Korean, Thai etc. etc. etc. 

I just don't get the obsession over The Untamed (and I completed it) 

I like K-drama remakes over the original J-dramas (at least for the ones I've seen)

If Lee Jong Suk, Lee Min Ho, Nam Joo Hyeok, Ahn Jae Hyeon and Kim Soo Hyeon all  chose different careers, the median skill level of the pool of K actors would skyrocket. I could have said mean skill level, but my comment was mean enough :)

Great topic!

I can name many Korean dramas that are very well crafted, that are progressive, contemporary and unfortunately underappreciated. One Spring Night, Search: www, Encounter, Matrimonial Chaos, Familiar Wife are all great pieces for example.

Likewise, I may name lots of Korean series that are interwoven with only super- cliche plots, that are very conservative even reactionary but -again unfortunately- highly acclaimed. What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim, Angel’s Last Mission: Love, Thirty but Seventeen are the shows that are in this category for me.

Regarding only the happy ends as good, expecting the main lead (especially the male protagonist) experience only positive results are rather interesting but the majority of the Korean drama fans seem to think that way.

Trust:

Chinese dramas usually have way too much episodes. 

Totally agree! I am a binge watcher and so I would be so sleep deprived at times form watching too long! Also the middle episodes end up either being redundant or shifting the storyline off kilter! 

Signal, Goblin, and Something in the Rain are all average, forgettable dramas xP 

Foglia:
very conservative even reactionary but -again unfortunately- highly acclaimed. What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim

SO pleased to read this: I HATED that horribly regressive Drama. The way it glorified her subjugation to him, even at the very end, she still called him "boss" and he still called her "secretary"? Ugh!

dyed hair feels overrated, almost all Asian females dye their hair all the time in dramas & IRL - I want to see more natural black hair (guys are more likely to keep their hair black though)  It's sad no one likes keeping their hair black anymore ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

is it just me who feels this way? 

Goblin - average drama at best, most of the writing there is bad,  only 2nd lead couple is the ONLY good thing there lol (and  mostly because of the actors & their past life, even some of their writing was bad, The modern times was just rinse & repeat break ups despite never agreeng to even date ,  made no sense & kinda boring lol...Im sayibg this even when i shipped them lol)

The Bromance of Goblin - also overrated.  LDW & GY are great friends and have great chemistry in real life, dont get me wrong!  BUT  there are MUCH better bromances and especially WRITTEN much better.

Most of their bromance was written in a  "forcing bromance" way and trying too hard to be funny, but really being cheesy and very childish instead. 

Compare to example the drama Cain and Abel.  The ML had a FANTASTIC bromance where both we're stuck together in serious DANGER and trying to survive together and not get killed,  The Goblin bromance writing very shallow in comparison to this.  Or even the "nemesis"bromance with ML & his evil brother there was much more fascinating to watch than the so-called "amazing Goblin-bromance".

What's Wrong With Secretary Kim - Supercliche and not to mention BORING.  Watching just 2 episodes was TORTURE i tell ya, then I finally just ended my suffering and dropped it. XD

A better name for this drama would be "What's Wrong With This Drama?: Everything".

Okay. Here goes -

I don’t get the hype around most popular dramas on this site. I liked goblin, but ending up dropping it halfway through because it became tedious and almost boring to me.

I tend to steer clear of the most hyped dramas due to them usually being disappointing to me, so I am yet to watch Cheese in the trap, or Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok-joo along with many others. 

She Is Beautiful (2018) is one of the most endearing, greatest Chinese dramas I have ever seen and I never see anyone else talk about it, though I’m sure it’s rated well on here. 

It feels like dramas have gotten more innocent over time... not less. They seem to tiptoe around women having experience.

I understand that's appealing to a lot of people - I see it a lot "oh I came here because Western stuff was too sex obsessed and raunchy" or some variation of that.

And I'm not saying there should be no innocent and inexperienced female leads... just that it would be nice to have a decent mix of no experience, little experience, some experience, lots of experience.

Also by that same token it would be interesting to see dramas tackle the sex industry in Korea. At best right now it's a cheap joke on Backstreet Rookie that gets shot down by South Korean viewers for offending their sensibilities (and not for making light of a dangerous profession where women are taken advantage of).

The same could be said for dramas in other countries like China and Japan and Thailand.

I've watched half of the episodes of Bpoop Phaeh Saniwaat & Kleun Cheewit but don't really get the hype over these 2 dramas... they just feel "average" for me?? 

Korean and chinese dramas are overrated.

Momochan:

Korean and chinese dramas are overrated.

+1!
Also japanese dramas are the best at romance and drama because of believable and complex characters, while Korea is better at thrillers and crime ones.

Sunset:

dyed hair feels overrated, almost all Asian females dye their hair all the time in dramas & IRL - I want to see more natural black hair (guys are more likely to keep their hair black though)  It's sad no one likes keeping their hair black anymore ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

is it just me who feels this way? 

I totally agree, I like black hair and get surprised when I see a FL lead actually having  her natural color. I have nothing against lighter hair but it gets repetitive.