Feuer_Frei:

+1!
Also japanese dramas are the best at romance and drama because of believable and complex characters, while Korea is better at thrillers and crime ones.

Could you reccomend me some to watch? I never could get into watching Jdramas for some reason, maybe I picked the wrong ones to start with but I always felt the acting was robotic and  it never seemed relaxed or natural.. more exaggerated and random and robotic with zero chemistry. This was my impression from 2 Jdramas I had seen (and I didnt complete) and from clips that pop up in my recc on YouTube. So I guess this might be an unpopular opinion about Jdramas (and quite a strong one) but I'd like to change that so please do reccomend cz I dont know where to start. I do watch a lot of anime though and read manga plus I absolutely love Japan but I just couldn't get into Jdramas.

I don't understand the hope surrounding many of the"big" dramas this year: Its Okay to Not Be Okay especially- there were so many plot holes, not to mention how she chased after him. Itaewon Class & CLOY were also average at best.

The obsession with first love on that on that note also childhood sweetheart. 

pulling/dragging the girl and kissing the girl even if its not forcefully is not ok. there should be consent and this really annoys me. I was really glad that the FL mentions this even if its brief in Two Cops 

Also the concept of beauty in some dramas. For example, removing the spectacles and straightening the hair suddenly makes the girl/woman pretty. for example She was Pretty

Now this is a trait that was common in old dramas but I hate  FLs that gets titled as bubbly but they're actually just stupid,  clingy and shameless to me when they chase after ML that treats them like crap and is cold to them...also I hate it if love triangles are involved and  FL  chooses the degrading cold ML rather than the 2nd ML that's kind and supportive to them. I hate seeing that in dramas, its so degrading to women and I get literally pissed off I instantly drop the drama in a heartbeat. (*cough* She was pretty *cough*... A Love so beautiful *cough*) just to name one of the many I've dropped... I hate  MLs that are just rude, undermining yet they are played off as "Cool"  just cz they're handsome in dramas

Danasmah:

Could you reccomend me some to watch? I never could get into watching Jdramas for some reason, maybe I picked the wrong ones to start with but I always felt the acting was robotic and  it never seemed relaxed or natural.. more exaggerated and random and robotic with zero chemistry. This was my impression from 2 Jdramas I had seen (and I didnt complete) and from clips that pop up in my recc on YouTube. So I guess this might be an unpopular opinion about Jdramas (and quite a strong one) but I'd like to change that so please do reccomend cz I dont know where to start. I do watch a lot of anime though and read manga plus I absolutely love Japan but I just couldn't get into Jdramas.

Oh I'd say it's quite a popular opinion for a lot of dramafans who are not specifically into Jdramas xD Yeah, Jcomedies differs a lot from other comedy dramas and many people don't really get their jokes or actings. But for me pretty much all characters in them still seem more honest and relatable that ones from Kdrama? Especially when they don't shy away from a lot of importans questions, while Kdramas try to glamorous life a lot. Also I'd say new Jdramas have less exaggerations in both actings and plots.
Since I don't watch a lot of romantic dramas, some my recommendations don't always focus the most on the romantic relationships. But I've tried to choose ones, which have at least one couple that's important for the plote. Be cereful: there's a big mix of genres from slice of life to thrillers and tragedies, but I hope you'll find at least one that'll cought your interest!
English isn't my first language but I hope I made everything clear :)

Quarted

Kiss that kills

What did you eat yesterday?

We marries as a job

Million yen women

Never let me go

Second love

Cherry magic

Followers

The hours of my life

MrHyde:

I totally agree, I like black hair and get surprised when I see a FL lead actually having  her natural color. I have nothing against lighter hair but it gets repetitive.

Finally someone agrees with me. I’m Asian myself but never dyed it, maybe I’m just old fashioned I don’t feel like it unless I grow a lot of white hairs on my head. I just don’t get the obsession with dyed hair. I think some actresses actually look more stunning with black hair, like Suzy Bae, Seo Ye Ji, Lee Da In, Park Hyun Joo, Shin Ye Eun, Jung Eun Chae (just listing some who I’ve watched this year) it’s funny when irl people want to do it to stand out from the crowd but it just does the opposite when everyone opts for the generic brown colour.

moonembracesun:

I don't understand the hope surrounding many of the"big" dramas this year: Its Okay to Not Be Okay especially- there were so many plot holes, not to mention how she chased after him. Itaewon Class & CLOY were also average at best.

I didn't get the hype over over CLOY (watched halfway) couldn't get into the first few eps of IONTBO, didn't try IC. I haven't truly enjoyed most popular hyped k-dramas since last year except for Kingdom and The World of the Married. I didn't get the hype over Hospital Playlist or Start Up either, slice of life dramas bore me. 

Danasmah:

I feel the same (I also liked watching anime since childhood) but then again I haven't watched that many. I got some on my PTW list but don't really feel motivated to watch them even though they're shorter than k-dramas. I watched some because of the Korean remakes but I usually end up liking the remakes more than the original dramas. 

Game Sanaeha is the most boring lakorn I've ever watched, only bothered to finish it with a lot of FFing since I downloaded the entire torrent of it and had to seed it anyways. Same with The School Nurse Files, only good thing about it was the CGI monsters, everything else was meh. I see people complaining about bad dramas like TKEM, Born Again, Alice, Rugal but this and Graceful Friends are the worst dramas of the year for me.  

Now I keep seeing some people complaining about ratings decreasing but no one ever cares about those 100+ eps daily dramas that are always rated low here even though I actually find some of them addicting/entertaining. 

Sunset:

Finally someone agrees with me. I’m Asian myself but never dyed it, maybe I’m just old fashioned I don’t feel like it unless I grow a lot of white hairs on my head. I just don’t get the obsession with dyed hair. I think some actresses actually look more stunning with black hair, like Suzy Bae, Seo Ye Ji, Lee Da In, Park Hyun Joo, Shin Ye Eun, Jung Eun Chae (just listing some who I’ve watched this year) it’s funny when irl people want to do it to stand out from the crowd but it just does the opposite when everyone opts for the generic brown colour.

I personally think most look better with dark/black hair. I wish this trend changes lol I mean I don't need all of them with black her but some variety would be nice...

@Feuer_Frei

Thank you so much for the recommendations, I'll be sure to look into them! Yes you were perfectly clear 👌 Can't wait to get started ;)