Gwilthyunman wrote: TDrama: Meteor Garden
KDrama: Delightful Girl, Choon Hyang
JDrama: LIAR GAME

I watched TDrama and KDrama for the first time with my mom since my mom likes to watch Asian TV Drama. Meanwhile for JDrama, I got to know it from my older sister. I haven't watch any CDrama and HKDrama though, just limited for the movies only.

What did you think of your first dramas?

I haven't seen Meteor Garden or Delightful Girl, Choon Hyan yet. (I really need to find the time for them) But I LOVE the whole Liar Game series.
My first drama was shining inheritance. Just stumbled upon it thinking I was just watching another movie. Totally stunned that the second male lead didn't get the girl. Come to find out that that is the norm for these dramas. I was pulling so hard for the guy it totally hooked me. Haven't watched anything but k dramas.
I have always loved anime since I was a child since my sister was totally obsessed with Sailor Moon. Afterwards, I got into some manga and my friend introduced me to a manhwa (Korean Manga) and it was so awesome that I still read it to this day. I got curious about Korean shows since I have always heard about them but never actually attempted to watch it. I finally started to watch Boys Over Flowers since it had such high ratings (Lee Min Ho became my favorite actor because of this). I thought it was actually pretty interesting and different so I started scrolling down the list and a show caught my eye. It was Coffee Prince and I fell head over heels for Yoon Eun Hye's and Gong Yoo's acting so I began watching a bunch of different dramas and now I have a huge list of dramas I've watched. It's pretty much all I do on my laptop now besides these forums which are about things I watch. So my world pretty much revolves around Korea even though I don't live anywhere near there. Oh, and in case I needed to put my first Japanese drama, it was Hana Kimi (LOVED IT!!!).
Oh, and my first TDrama was It Started With a Kiss and They Kiss Again following after it.
Jeaniessi wrote: What did you think of your first dramas?

I haven't seen Meteor Garden or Delightful Girl, Choon Hyan yet. (I really need to find the time for them) But I LOVE the whole Liar Game series.

I think I'm lucky enough to watch those 3 as my first dramas since those dramas were simply awesome. But out of those 3, LIAR GAME and Delightful Girl, Choon Hyang are the best. The romantic comedy and mind games setting in those dramas are really great and the performance of the actor is very good as well. :D
first Japanese drama- Hana Yori Dango first Korean drama- Boys over Flowers first Taiwanese drama- Hana Kimi Taiwan version first Chinese Drama- Let's go watch meteor shower I started watching them when I was looking on the internet for something to watch. I didn't want to watch anime, so my cousin suggested watching a Japanese drama and I'm glad she did! I gave it a try and now I'm HOOKED!
I started out watching anime, and this somehow led to me seeing an ad for Now & Forever, a k-movie, somewhere, and watching that. That led to me deciding to watch the Secret Garden that my friends and my mom had dropped mentions of for ages. I basically marathoned Secret Garden... and after that, I was totally hooked. :P
Playful kiss :d It was a video recommendation made by Youtube cause I had just finished watching the anime :) So THANK YOU YOUTUBE :D
i actually watched anime .. one day i found the synopsis from the anime hana yori dango .. i googled it .. then i found a site who had a drama with the same name .. i tryed it .. it was boys over flowers (korean version) .. and now i am addicted to asian dramas since 2009 :D ..
....one day i went to see what my brother was doing and i entered his room and found him watching anime so i decided to sit down and watch a lil of the episode i was young at that time...it was bleach the fight between ichigo and kempachi i was blown away by it and took the anime from my brother so i had started anime which is japanese then only last year i met a girl at school she was new and i told her that i watch anime and shes like u should check out kpop so i went home i heard some kpop songs and loved it so i went to her the next day and we were talking about it then she told me i should watch movies and dramas so she gave me Secret Garden Amazing first kdrama and i couldnt stop watching ep after ep so ever since then ive been addicted i watched 55 korean movies i think 1or2 might be japanese all in 1 year that she was here, and ive watched 11 dramas... till now im addicted to anime anything korean so yea :D and just finished watching beethovens virus and going on to hana yori dango so huge thanks to my friend!!! ^__________^ we still keep in touch even when she moved country saranghae <3
The movie Memoirs of A Teenage Amnesiac with Horikita Maki. For an actual series, it was Nobuta wo Produce.
First Taiwanese Drama: Meteor Garden (I forgot what year it was in :D but I think it's 6 years ago because it got aired on our channel before which is ABS-CBN) First Korean Drama: Lovers In Paris (aired on ABS-CBN as well) First Japanese Drama: Hana Kimi (just this 2012)
I think it was Hana Yori Dango back when it was new and after a while I found My Girl, which was my first korean drama.

Korean: My Girl
Japanese: Hana Yori Dango (at least I think so)
Taiwanese: It Started With A Kiss
Chinese: The Young Warriors (2006)
First drama was Huan Zhu Gege because a lot of Chinese kids grew up watching that.. Then I watched my first kdrama when I was visiting relatives in China though I didn't know what it was called nor did I understand most of it since it didn't have any English subtitles. Couple years later I found out the drama I watched was called Delightful Girl Choon Hyang and kinda went from there. First Taiwanese drama was Hana Kimi with Ella Chen and I don't remember what my first Japanese drama was...
First Jdrama: It was Tatta Hitotsu no Koi if I'm not wrong, it was like the sweetest story ever and it got me to like Jdramas First Kdrama: Probably Autumn tale, since it was being broadcasted on TV, watched that, then winter sonata, then stairway to heaven, all of them back in 2004 more or less, with my mother on national tv, but then everything came to a stop and then got back to them on 2008 or 2009 when Boys over flowers was airing and I kind of watched that, YAB, some jap dramas then hiatus again and last year I started watching dramas again with Fugitive Plan B and got hooked. But yeah Autum tale was probably my first drama ever.