I recommend Mysterious Lotus Casebook and League of Nobleman to all of you! :D They were strong wuxia/historical mystery and crime dramas that really caught my eye this year! I also liked that although there were strong themes of brotherhood. bromance, and friendship, there was also a healthy nod toward the background romance. They also handled themes of sorrow, abandonment, and people changing due to trauma over time really well.

For something more campy but with even better fight scenes there's the drama  I Am Nobody, but for a  darker and more twisted(as well as heart wrenching) show I recommend Ripe Town!

There were weeks to months of dryness in between, but 2023 was a good year!  

I loved!

Rien:

I'm planning on making some Emblem badges soon with titles like: Wuxia, Xianxia, Sageuk Lover. 

a sample

Rien:

I'm planning on making some Emblem badges soon with titles like: Wuxia, Xianxia, Sageuk Lover. 

a sample

Thank you. I'm looking forward to the badges!

omonaijaJ:

Wow wow wow. I never knew MDL had clubs! Since I'm a historical Cdrama veteran I really want to join this one!

Welcome welcome!! ^_^

fiflydramalover:

Welcome welcome!! ^_^

angeliviki2022:

Make sure you watch episode 37. The streaming site I was using ended at ep 36, so I had to find ep 37 myself to complete the series.

Yeah I did. The ending was just beautiful

angeliviki2022:

Ooh nice. I've already added it to my profile

Gyeongseong creature 8/10

Bad CGIs considering it's a Netflix production for me. The story development had nothing original and I really don't see the point of a second season. I'm actually disappointed because I expected a lot of this new sci-fi drama.

kYuBin:

Bad CGIs considering it's a Netflix production for me. The story development had nothing original and I really don't see the point of a second season. I'm actually disappointed because I expected a lot of this new sci-fi drama.

I enjoyed the setting and the side characters were interesting, my only real problems were that the mains were kind of bland and a few actors we kind of underutilised.

Hi guys! I am so happy that I have found this club, because I LOVE HISTORICAL DRAMAS! Not kidding, when I went to Korea I spent 85 percent of my time in palaces and museums. 

With that being said, does anyone have recommendations for me? I am veryyyyyy picky, but I trust you! I like romance heavy historical dramas, with little to no humor. Happy ending would be nice, but I will somehow survive a sad one too. 

It doesn't matter which country :)

Badass Bunny:

Hi guys! I am so happy that I have found this club, because I LOVE HISTORICAL DRAMAS! Not kidding, when I went to Korea I spent 85 percent of my time in palaces and museums. 

With that being said, does anyone have recommendations for me? I am veryyyyyy picky, but I trust you! I like romance heavy historical dramas, with little to no humor. Happy ending would be nice, but I will somehow survive a sad one too. 

It doesn't matter which country :)

Hiii we're glad to have more members!

A few of my top rated historical dramas:

Ashes of Love

Word of Honour 

Mr Queen

100 Days My Prince

The Crowned Clown

You might have watched all of these though because you have a longer completed list than me I think.

Hi all, I am another lost soul who's just found out about this Historical Drama Club.

I didn't realize before but apparently my top rated dramas are mostly historical genre.. 😆 I guess I have been a fan of historical drama, just didn't want to admit it. lol.

Happy to find you all!

Btw, I am gonna steal some banner and badge, they look so beautiful ❤