LucianYaz:

Y'all, I started The Untamed last night! I didn't have any plans to watch it any time soon, but our club of enablers here (XD) convinced me to try it out now. I only got to half of the second episode but I like it so far. I'm back to doing schoolwork so I'll probably take forever to finish it but I'm looking forward to the ride :-)

Ive seen this show mentioned hear a lot might add to my watch list too.  Good luck to you... I find it hard to watch shows slowly and instead prefers to finish it in one go. Next month I might start a new course  so balancing my  binge watching and finishing assignments are always challenging.  Im going to start watching Love and Redemption next. 

Finished watching Faith. It was okay, rated it a 7.5, want to add the title to my MDL watch challenge and was wondering is Faith considered a Sageuk?

Rien:
Finished watching Faith. It was okay, rated it a 7.5, want to add the title to my MDL watch challenge and was wondering is Faith considered a Sageuk?

Yes, you can count Faith as a sageuk. the more exact genre would be fusion sageuk, because it's not historically accurate and includes fantasy elements.

xinya:

Yes, you can count Faith as a sageuk. the more exact genre would be fusion sageuk, because it's not historically accurate and includes fantasy elements.

Thanks!

Rien:

Yes, it's definitely a Sageuk! You can also use it for the category "Action CGI scenes", "Historical" (since it's set at a specific historical era, no matter if it's historically accurate), "Fantasy/Alternate Past", "Time Travel", and probably "Superhero", too!

Vya van Velaris:
(And yeah, "dragon prince" sounds interesting, too).

Yeah, 'dragon prince' would be a come-check-me-out signal for me too, lol

Its You:

Ive seen this show mentioned hear a lot might add to my watch list too.  Good luck to you... I find it hard to watch shows slowly and instead prefers to finish it in one go. Next month I might start a new course  so balancing my  binge watching and finishing assignments are always challenging.  Im going to start watching Love and Redemption next. 

I'm a binger so having to slow down is hard. Love and Redemption is one of my favorites; hope you love it :)

LucianYaz:

Yeah, 'dragon prince' would be a come-check-me-out signal for me too, lol

+1 for me, too! But unfortunately, most dragons in Asian dramas are disappointing, they rarely ever show us a full-fledged dragon (or other such creature) at all!!

Yeah I know CGI is expensive!! xD But I'm not even asking for good CGI, just show us those majestic creatures in their dragon form (instead of just in their human form) from time to time, even if it's cringy CGI, lol!! :D (E.g. in Eternal Love, they only showed us the ML as a dragon in one tiny scene, whereas they spent so much on making the whole background/scenery out of CGI...)

Plus it would convince my little brother to watch more dramas with me, I recently convinced him to watch Ancient Love Poetry thanks to some creatures appearing in the trailer, lol!

Okay, I have Ruyi's Royal Love in the Palace on my wanna watch list but in all honesty I am afraid to watch it after reading the reviews on how brutal the story of their relationship is.  I am quite tenderhearted and though it says the show is amazingly well done, it's no walk in the park.

Any info or insights out there to help me decide on whether it is worth it?

Estelll:
+1 for me, too! But unfortunately, most dragons in Asian dramas are disappointing, they rarely ever show us a full-fledged dragon (or other such creature) at all!!

Eternal Love Rain shows the dragon quite often, actually. But they are still just short scenes. Also, it's heavy on romance, so I doubt your brother will like it.. lol.

Plushpriestess:
Okay, I have Ruyi's Royal Love in the Palace on my wanna watch list but in all honesty I am afraid to watch it after reading the reviews on how brutal the story of their relationship is.  I am quite tenderhearted and though it says the show is amazingly well done, it's no walk in the park.

I haven't watched this myself, but a friend was ranting about it on my Friends Feeds and how much she disliked the FL. So it wasn't a good drama for her. 

But well, I personally think taste can differ a lot between people, so you'll never know unless you try it yourself. You can always drop it if it's not up your alley. ;)

Plushpriestess:

Any info or insights out there to help me decide on whether it is worth it?

It's absolutely brutal and worth it if you prepare your heart well in advance! Zhou Xun's performance alone is worth the 80+ ride. The show does a great job at a close examination of her character and portraying the realities of a declining relationship (especially within an imperial setting), but the ending delivers what I consider to be a tragic yet triumphant closure.

It's hard to say more without knowing your preferences, but I'm interested in what others think! I personally had trouble stomaching some of the schemes and betrayals, but after rewatching it a few times,  Zhou Xun's performance really is the highlight.

I want to join! I don't visit the forums much, though, but I love historical dramas! :D

CherryBunny:

I want to join! I don't visit the forums much, though, but I love historical dramas! :D

Welcome, @CherryBunny! 

So glad you could join us, we're all fans of historical dramas here! 

Just hit the subscribe button for this forum and you'll never miss an important update :) 

CherryBunny:

Done! :D

Nice to have another person to discuss with!  It sure has been great for me since I recently joined.  I feel like I finally have folks to talk to who appreciate these masterpieces (and some times disasters) as much as I do!  Warm welcome :)