I haven't watched a serious historical in a while. I recently watched My Uncanny Destiny and it was funny, cute with some serious moments but I'm ready for a longer form historical to come out that's more about a story and less about a romance.

Okay, so I just finished Six Flying Dragons and it was as good as everyone said it was! I usually don’t watch non-romance historicals, but it was neither wanted nor needed in this show. The acting was great, the fighting was excellent! Well worth the watch! 

Knavery:

I haven't watched a serious historical in a while. I recently watched My Uncanny Destiny and it was funny, cute with some serious moments but I'm ready for a longer form historical to come out that's more about a story and less about a romance.

there's two currently airing historical c-dramas that don't have romance. A League of Nobleman and Under the Microscope. I find they have a good balance of serious and funny plus the acting and visuals are really good !

I just checked your profile and you're already watching them haha nevermind then LOOl

Berd:

I just checked your profile and you're already watching them haha nevermind then LOOl

I haven't actually started League of Noblemen yet, I just started Under the Microscope and it's pretty good so far. 

Knavery:

I strongly recommend Under the Queen's Umbrella . Well worth the watch.

Hi all. How do I join here? Last historical drama I watched was Mr. Queen. I got a thing for comedy period dramas the most. Some of my faves: Moon Lovers, Love in the Moonlight, My husband for 100 days, Hotel Del Luna, Mystic Pop-up Bar. And the movie Love, Lies. I could watch it 10 more times and still bawl my eyes at it. Totally recommending it! Been wanting to watch Chicago Typewriter & Mr. Sunshine since forever. Need more recs from Korea under Japanese rule period cause the clothing style was soo nice!

Hello! I would like to join please!

Hey everyone, I'd like to join!

For Historical Dramas, I've only ever watched The Princess Weiyoung, and I'm currently watching Mr Queen.

I watched Li Weiyoung back in 2019 and I remember being hooked but also annoyed by all the drama and evil plots (but it was my VERY first Asian drama and I wasn't used to to it). 

Mr Queen is absolutely hilarious, I'm so in love with it! I think for Hist. dramas, I'd like to watch more comedy and  gender/body swaps.

Hello! I would like to join

Hello everyone. Been a while since I posted and welcome to all new members.  Just want to share a custom list I created if you are looking for Chinese historical dramas with no dubbing.

https://mydramalist.com/list/3rWaVnm4

Hey, everyone .... Can we talk about historical / costume dramas we can reasonably expect to air in 2023? We've seen a couple of wuxia and xianxia releases in January and February, but only IIRC Under the Microscope as a strictly historical story.  

Any rumors / expectations on costume dramas that should air sometime this year?

CdramaMaven4762:

Hey, everyone .... Can we talk about historical / costume dramas we can reasonably expect to air in 2023? We've seen a couple of wuxia and xianxia releases in January and February, but only IIRC Under the Microscope as a strictly historical story.  

Any rumors / expectations on costume dramas that should air sometime this year? 

I think it's rumored that Back from the Brink might broadcast soon.  I am personally looking forward to Till the End of the Moon because I like both Bai Lu and Leo Luo,  But not sure if it will be airing in 2023.

Five Kings of Thieves, I think, is coming out.  Not a true historical but I am looking forward to another Darren Wang drama.  I really liked him in The Wolf.

Knavery:

If you are still looking for a serious historical, I recommend The Wind Blows from LongXi.  Excellent acting and pacing.  Some find it hard to follow but the little recap at the end helps.

virgievirgie  .... I've seen a rumor that Til the End of the Moon is now more likely to come out at the end of the second quarter ... basically in  time for summer viewing. I'd be all right with that, because it's a lot busier for me between now and the end of May than it will be for me in June and July .