SaphireTheCat:
Yes, thank you. That will at least tide me over until the official release. It includes more songs than I was originally able to find.

Nice that makes me happy. :-) 

@RiqueXinw Ooh I’m excited (for SE) 

Also, I just watch The Next Prince trailer and OH MY GOD THIS HAS MADE ME SO EXCITED 

I’m so looking forward to ZeeNunew and I’m especially loving the storyline a lot 

It kinda reminds of IFYLITA ngl

Now I miss YaiJom again TT

@American Fan wow ep 3 already? That was quick haha

@Magnoliee I didn’t actually watch the trailer for LITA but I knew PAYU was my type the first time I saw him haha

His lil ponytail hairstyle and his smile just kills me honestly

I guess I’m going to have to keep my subscription to iqiyi for a while, now that there will be more stuff on there that I want to watch.

1) I’m currently watching The Spirealm from some ahem unofficial site because I assumed we’d never get it back after it was pulled. I wonder if any censorship changes were made to this new release like with Advance Bravely…

2) I’m super excited for We Are after the trailer, despite having 0 interest when the show was announced. The trailer is so much brtter than the pilot.

3) The Last Prince *heart eyes* Also, I’m super glad Jimmy gets to act again!

Just watched the newly released first episode of "Only Boo!" (Youtube). I usually wait till 3-4 episodes are out before starting, but I couldn't resist. It's super cute and fluffy, and it's nice that GMMTV is bringing in new young talent. (Both leads are 18yo, and one is a first-time actor.) It's also nice to have an actual 18yo playing a 12th grader, rather than the 20-somethings in so many school BLs.

Okay, so I came across some BLs that is going to be released this year, or atleast rumored to be released this year, and I thought it might be fun to share them... so here they are :D

1. Boys Be Brave! (2024) - MyDramaList 
  2. A Balloon's Landing (2024) - MyDramaList 
  3. Gray Shelter (2024) - MyDramaList 
  4. I Saw You in My Dream (2024) - MyDramaList 
  5. My Bias Is Showing?! (2024) - MyDramaList 
 Sruthipriya mahesh:
Okay, so I came across some BLs that is going to be released this year, or atleast rumored to be released this year, and I thought it might be fun to share them.

Thanks! Happy to see a few more SK BLs! 

p43425:
It's super cute and fluffy,

Always a good thing. I'm going to watch along with you. :-)

p43425:
It's super cute and fluffy, and it's nice that GMMTV is bringing in new young talent.

I am glad you posted about it because I was just about to ask you guys thoughts on it. Thanks for the info.

Sruthipriya mahesh:
A Balloon's Landing (2024) - MyDramaList 

I added all of them to my PTW however this one has my attention for some reason. I don't know the poster just seems nostalgic to me; thanks for the info.

@Onyx

I just finished Semantic Error and had forgotten how good looking this couple is together. One of my favorite parts of a romance drama is when one of the leads realizes they really like the other one and goes into action to pursue them.

Make sure to watch past the credits. I wish they wouldn't do that, cuz how annoying to think what I might have missed over the years. :-( 

Clarification & Updates:

I swear there is a new trend with Chinese BLs being produced either overseas or being released overseas to avoid censorship; I am not complaining though.

Mew's new series has been released. He is starring in a Korean series. Who is going to watch?

I am so apprehensive when it comes on to this couple and anything they star in because there previous works have left a lot to be desired.

American Fan:
Make sure to watch past the credits. I wish they wouldn't do that,

I definitely recommend turning off the "automatic next episode" option in Viki. This is hardly the only series where important stuff at the end gets chopped off. ("My School President" also comes to mind.)

p43425:

Just watched the newly released first episode of "Only Boo!" (Youtube). I usually wait till 3-4 episodes are out before starting, but I couldn't resist. It's super cute and fluffy, and it's nice that GMMTV is bringing in new young talent. (Both leads are 18yo, and one is a first-time actor.) It's also nice to have an actual 18yo playing a 12th grader, rather than the 20-somethings in so many school BLs.

I completely agree! I just watched it and im loving the MLs

It’s a classic GMMTV romcom, especially the comedy scenes, but I really like how cute it is

And Moo is so cute omg srsly his personality is just adorable *heart eyes*

American Fan:

@Onyx

I just finished Semantic Error and had forgotten how good looking this couple is together. One of my favorite parts of a romance drama is when one of the leads realizes they really like the other one and goes into action to pursue them.

Make sure to watch past the credits. I wish they wouldn't do that, cuz how annoying to think what I might have missed over the years. :-( 

Wow u must’ve really enjoyed it 

I haven’t gotten past the first ep yet but I’ll lyk when I do :) and yes I’ll make sure to watch psst the end credits thx for telling me :)

Sruthipriya mahesh:
Okay, so I came across some BLs that is going to be released this year, or atleast rumored to be released this year, and I thought it might be fun to share them... so here they are :D

Thanks a lot for sharing! :-)  I find very interesting "I saw you in my dream", "Boys be brave" and "A Balloons Landing". The message that "there is always someone like you in this world who is waiting for you" - gave me butterflies in my stomach, awww. 

And I really love the synopsis of "My Bias is showing?!" It seems to be funny and cute. I want to watch this right now. But I'll have to wait until it's released.^^

I've watched the trailer of "Only Boo!" - how cute and funny is it? :-) When Moo said confidently: "I'll keep pursuing you until you let me into your heart".... I melted. :D I looooooove it when one of the two main leads confesses their love so bravely and without hesitation (already in the beginning). 

Question to the group: 

Can you think of any dramas where it is similar that one of the main leads confesses/ shows their love in the beginning? Or mabye it's like that in almost every drama, I don't know? I haven't seen much BL dramas to be able to judge that. Somehow someone is always less convinced (so to speak) than the other, or? :-) What do you think? 

Magnoliee:
Can you think of any dramas where it is similar that one of the main leads confesses/ shows their love in the beginning?

The development trajectory of BL love stories can vary enormously. There are those that start with a bang (in the case of "Love By Chance" quite literally), and there are those that are all chase until the culmination near the end ("2together" comes to mind - thank goodness for "Still 2together" or there would have been hardly any actual relationship.) And as to love-at-first-sight beginnings, "Oxygen" is one of my faves.

There are also those that start with a relationship (e.g. "Cutie Pie"), or childhood friendships that are already quite intimate (e.g. "Don't Say No", "My Only 12%").

But an actual confession at or near the beginning? Hmm, trying to think  ... "Takara-kun to Amagi-kun" comes to mind (such a cute confession, I melt just thinking about it). I'm sure others will come to mind as I think about this ...

Magnoliee:
Can you think of any dramas where it is similar that one of the main leads confesses/ shows their love in the beginning?

My memory is working against me but these are the ones with both leads showing love and affection early on that I can remember :

Oxygen

Secret Crush on You

Until we meet again

Ai Long Nhai

Dark Blue and Moonlight (I am not sure about this one but I remember them having early intimate moments; some else may remember it better than me)

That is all I can remember right now.