American Fan:

Well, this is weird. I just read a comment under the drama Kou Kou Kyoushi 2003 by you from 7 months ago and here you are, Simi_Tutu!! haha

I was researching OSTs and their drama names.

Oh No, I feel like I've been busted  LOL. That OST has such a unique sound to me, but strangely, it doesn't fit the drama, in my opinion.

Simi_Tutu:

Oh No, I feel like I've been busted  LOL. That OST has such a unique sound to me, but strangely, it doesn't fit the drama, in my opinion.

I haven't watched the drama and prolly won't, but I love the OST. :-)

So for these questions each day do we post something like the following:

APRIL 1 

I don't remember my first drama so I'm guessing either 2 Moons or Theory of Love. 

American Fan:
I read your "rant" and could feel the passion in your words.  I chose not to watch the series. Just my personal preference.

This is honestly one of the main reasons I am glad I found this club. Before I had no where or no one to vent to or get excited over a series because my friends either don't watch as much BLs or only watch K-dramas, so this is like my safe space to just voice my opinions. I do voice my opinions in comment sections on other platforms but they are friendly and more family like so just pure jokes and we make bets with the reward of saying "I told you so", when we disagree; the memes are also good lol. I avoid the MDL comments though I can't bother to argue here as well because I argue on a daily basis in all my classes, that is literally my career path so I need the BL space to be a safe haven away from my everyday activities. This club is truly a blessing. 

I don't want to encourage you not to watch Playboyy the series because even though I did not like it you may like it, because if I had listened to the reviews on Secret Crush on You I would not have found one of my fav series, so maybe watch in your down time when you have nothing else to watch (which is very unlikely in this age of never ending BL releases).

Simi_Tutu:
Would anyone be interested in bringing back this Challenge from 2 years ago? It looks like it could be fun

April 1: First BL Drama was in July 2022 was either Cutie Pie or Utsukushii Kare

Simi_Tutu:
Would anyone be interested in bringing back this Challenge from 2 years ago? It looks like it could be fun

April 1st

I don't remember my first BL series so instead one of the earliest series I have watched would be Falling In love with a Rival. Yes I was that young watching BLs 

American Fan:
APRIL 1

I don't remember my first drama so I'm guessing either 2 Moons or Theory of Love. 

I've loved  BL mangas since the early 2000s, but when reading  My Love Mixed Up, I realized it had a drama adaptation. While I did enjoy the manga, I found the drama to have so much charisma.  The humor was over the top, yet  Michieda Shunsuke delivered it perfectly.  Honestly, the chemistry between him and Meguro Ren was off the charts, in my opinion.  These two opened my eyes to the beautiful world of BL dramas, and I've been hooked ever since.  And the OST  (∩˃o˂∩)♡

RiqueXinw:
one of the earliest series I have watched would be Falling In love with a Rival

Oh, a BL I've never heard of before; the one thing about BL, anything Manga Movies or dramas, is that we  most likely started watching too young LOL

Simi_Tutu:

I want to do this one too!

D01 : First BL drama

I’m basic af because my first drama was pandemic sensation : ‘2gether ’ This isn’t one of the dramas I rewatch, but I still have a soft spot for it, even after watching a lot of other BLs and finding many (objectively and subjectively) better shows. 

axdxex:
I’m basic af because my first drama was pandemic sensation : ‘2gether ’

I had planned on watching this one, but then I noticed that this series either has people loving it or hating it; my PTW is so long I ended up putting it on the back burner.

Simi_Tutu:

I had planned on watching this one, but then I noticed that this series either has people loving it or hating it; my PTW is so long I ended up putting it on the back burner.

Yep. I think a large part of its charm, and why it catapulted Win and Bright to stardom, was the period in wich it was released (like you had to be there), its accesibility on youtube, and just how easy it is to digest for new fans of the genre. I know it receives a lot of criticism, and I do understand why, but I still like it lol I would recomend it to new BL watchers, but not really to long time watchers!

axdxex:
Yep. I think a large part of its charm, and why it catapulted Win and Bright to stardom, was the period in wich it was released (like you had to be there),

It always fascinates me to hear people describe different periods of the internet because when I was growing up in the BL seen, it was nearly impossible to find anything, but now there's so much available, and the light-to-dislike ratio is so far-reaching, lol

My first bl watch ever was either Sotus Or TharnType  <3

Sooo, I decided to watch Jazz For Two after seeing the comments earlier, plus it's on my PTW and cuz it just finished airing.  On EP 2 and the scene where Se Heon is describing (to the bully guy) how he fell on Tae Yi in the old piano room is so dang cute.

I'm loving it so far, but the bully is giving me low key anxiety. Can I have a spoiler telling me if the bully does really bad things? And is the ending a HEA or a SE? Is it mostly cute and easy to watch? These answers might help my fear of the unknown ahead. I'm such a wuss, I admit it.

@AmericanFan @RiqueXInw @ SapphireCat Welcome :)

@p43425 I liked the first episode of only boo too!! They are very cute and fluffy... while I dont generally like the supposed-to-be-comedy-but-makes-you-cringe-badly east asian rom-coms in general, this one isnt really that bad; I kind of like it in fact >.<

@Magnoliee I am glad you like them :)
I am also most excited for "My Bias is Showing?!" - the entire plot seems so weird, that its oddly very funny and engaging > . <

Magnoliee:
I've watched the trailer of "Only Boo!" - how cute and funny is it? :-) When Moo said confidently: "I'll keep pursuing you until you let me into your heart".... I melted. :D I looooooove it when one of the two main leads confesses their love so bravely and without hesitation (already in the beginning).

Ohh, episode 1 actually got released yesterday! I highly recommend you to watch it... its quirky, fluffy, and it will make you want to pack Moo in a little suitcase and take him home :)

Magnoliee:
I looooooove it when one of the two main leads confesses their love so bravely and without hesitation (already in the beginning). 

I actually belong to the minority of the fijoushi population that likes it when both the male leads pursue each other equally... BUT. I can definitely recommend you some series' that would align with your preferences (and which are not on your watchlist)

1. Perfect Propose (2024) - MyDramaList 
  2. My School President (2022) - MyDramaList 
  3. Kimi to Nara Koi wo Shite Mite mo (2023) - MyDramaList 
  4. Kimi no Koto Dake Mite Itai (2022) - MyDramaList 
  5. Kimi ni wa Todokanai. (2023) - MyDramaList 
  6. First Love Again (2022) - MyDramaList 
  7. Bokura no Micro na Shuumatsu (2023) - MyDramaList (its seriously soo good, that I cant have you missing out on this, despite it not having the necessary qualifications ;) )
  8. Shigatsu no Tokyo wa... (2023) - MyDramaList 
  9. Taikan Yoho (2023) - MyDramaList (this is my personal favourite, btw :) )
  10. Utsukushii Kare (2021) - MyDramaList 

The rest really have the tropes you want, and most of them start right at the beginning, so I hope you will enjoy them :)
 American Fan:
I have to keep track in my little notebook or I'll forget the days or even that I'm watching this series. haha

Do you really have a notebook dedicated for what dramas are releasing and when?? Are there really that many BLs releasing?? If there are, please let me know, because I am starving for BLs over here :(

I have now resorted to the manga and manhwa gods to keep me company during these tough times :(((
Maybe its not that harsh for everyone else, but it is on me :(