My very first experience with BL (though I had no idea at the time that is what it was) was when my Netflix had The Untamed listed and I still don't know why I did it but I decided to watch an episode.  The closest thing I watched to that was so many years ago with Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.  So totally out of character for me but I absolutely was overtaken by the story and eventually clued in that it was absolutely a love story between men. I'm a bit slow on the uptake apparently.  That started me watching Chinese dramas by the dozen, then Korean but none of them were BL until last month when I fell down the rabbit hole and now I can't watch anything else!!  Needless to say I am gobbling them up as fast as I can.  I don't actually even fully understand why they are so meaningful to me but certainly it's far more than eye candy to me.

The Untamed remains my first love simply because it brought me into such a beautiful world that I didn't know existed.  But so far my actual favourite BL story is Cutie Pie, those two(especially Lian Kilen Wang...my god his eyes!!!) really touched my heart....but please know I'm just beginning my journey through them so I may need to update that somewhere down the road.

I haven't watched or read an 18+ drama or novel but would happily accept recommendations!

Plushpriestess:
The Untamed remains my first love simply because it brought me into such a beautiful world

The Untamed is such a beautiful story! Every time I rewatch this drama or reread the book I find another reason to love this world and all of its characters. I can't imagine another drama ever replacing this one as my #1 favorite.

Plushpriestess:
I haven't watched or read an 18+ drama or novel but would happily accept recommendations!

Have you read the novel of The Untamed (Mo Dao Zu Shi/Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation)? It's more explicit than the drama was allowed to be. 

Drama recommendations: 

• Word of Honor (it's similar to The Untamed and more daring in skin ship) 
  • 30-sai made Dotei Da to Mahotsukai ni Nareru rashii (aka Cherry Magic; not 18+ but a really sweet couple and lovely story)
  • A Tale of Thousand Stars (great chemistry as main actors are real life friends for 8 years, interesting story) 
  • Manner of Death (quite steamy scenes and great chemistry of main leads) 

Day 30

• How did you guys come across BL dramas? 
  • What is the one drama/character you will never forget?
  •  Never have you ever watched or read 18+ dramas/Novel

I used to regularly come across watch recommendations on most OTT platforms but never bothered to check (I regret not doing it earlier :p). Once I was searching for something new to watch and came across En of Love. Its synopsis caught my attention and not knowing it was a BL series, I accidentally started watching it. After the first episode, curiosity came in, and ended up watching all the episodes. Since it has interconnected parts, I decided to watch the other parts as well. And that was the start of me becoming a BL series fan. I can feel what's LOVE when watching these series more than any other genre (yeah, I'm biased). I had long forgotten the meaning of love or if it did exist. They brought it back, Love does exist - Just believe in it.

The drama that will remain close to my heart is TharnType and my favorite characters will be Tharn and Type. I have almost lost the count of re-runs here ;). I do have many other favorites, mainly Thai dramas,  then it's the History series, and a few Kdramas. I haven't watched any from the Japanese collection (recommendations are welcome).
Special Mention - After watching KinnPorsche, I am never gonna forget any of those characters!!!!!! My favorite will be Vegas and Pete.

I haven't read any BL novels till now. Would love to know where can I read the English versions?

Day 29

• Dramas in your plan-to-watch list

I completed many from my watchlist in the past 2 weeks. Here are the ones still pending:

• A tale of a thousand stars
  • To My Stars
  • DNA Says Love You
  • SOTUS
  • Manner of death
  • Close Friend

Day 27

one thing you learned from a BL drama

How to love!

Day 28

A thing that reminds you of a particular drama

Ice cubes, Sprite - TharnType
Swimming pool - Kinn Porsche
Shirt button turned into bracelet - Not Me
Sunflower - Star in My Mind
Basket ball - Don't Say No
Pink milk - 2Moons

moonchild:

30 Day BL Drama Challenge

Day 1

My first BL Drama was Guardian (2018) and I still hold it dear for many reasons. 

Day 2

I have more than one favorite BL drama is so I'll divide by country: 

China: The Untamed 

Thailand: A Tale of Thousand Stars 

Japan: Cherry Magic

South Korea: You Make Me Dance

Phillipines: Boys Lockdown

You all have got me into Untamed now! Started watching :)

adicto_princessa:

Welcome to our crazy world!

adicto_princessa:

Hope you enjoy it~

I'd like to join please 

adicto_princessa:

Have fun! Hope you enjoy it. :)

adicto_princessa:

Good choice have a great watch ^^

Ok after some of you said that it isn't that bad i watched Golden Blood XD

I don't know. Am I the only one who feels like watching an accident? it's terrible but you can't look away..

I watched it because i loved Gun so much as Techno in Love by Chance.

But really... after research i found out that's the same Director as for The Tuxedo.. this explains a lot XD

camooflage:

Ok after some of you said that it isn't that bad i watched Golden Blood XD

I don't know. Am I the only one who feels like watching an accident? it's terrible but you can't look away..

I watched it because i loved Gun so much as Techno in Love by Chance.

But really... after research i found out that's the same Director as for The Tuxedo.. this explains a lot XD

I felt the exact same way! I will say the leads had chemistry, but my God, I just couldn't with some of the stuff. 

I also watched it when it was first released, week by week, episode by episode, so maybe that contributed to why I liked it as much as I did, because I've noticed that some dramas that I watched weekly, I would never be able to binge.

Blkittykat:

I felt the exact same way! I will say the leads had chemistry, but my God, I just couldn't with some of the stuff. 

I also watched it when it was first released, week by week, episode by episode, so maybe that contributed to why I liked it as much as I did, because I've noticed that some dramas that I watched weekly, I would never be able to binge.

Blkittykat:

Star in my mind is like that