Mitzi Miao:
Want to See you

It's also called Muon Nhin Thay Em, which I found out when searching for it.

Mitzi Miao:

Has anyone here watched the BL stories from Kiss x Kiss x Kiss? some of them are so good. It has some actors who are doing a better job than what I've seen in many JP BLs.  I like most the idols story, those actors has such a great chemistry! it'll be a crime not to give them a full BL series! I'll be so sad if it won't happen ;( 

Yes. Oh My Subber posts to Twitter and the Discord server when they have done the subtitles for the BL episodes for all three of the latest series. The one to which you refer is known as "Idol Kiss" and they feature in two more series, including the latest one.

RiqueXinw:

Help: I am having some difficulties in adding some Vietnam bl titles on here. Certain sections of the form do not cater for Vietnam content and they do not allow me to add new content. How do I overcome this?

Vietnam has not been added to the MDL database. There have been a lot of requests for it to be added, but MDL prioritise other countries over Vietnam. You can either track BL series from Vietnam, Cambodia, and Laos using the TV Time app, and check on upcoming and old series on World of BL

And you can vote to have Vietnam added to the MDL database in the meantime.

angeliviki2022:
I really like Nguyen Ba Vinh.

Do you join him on his livestreams? He does them 3/4 times a week on TikTok or on 02 Productions's YT channel and he enjoys chatting with folks from across the globe.

Chun Mo Rionnag:

Do you join him on his livestreams? He does them 3/4 times a week on TikTok or on 02 Productions's YT channel and he enjoys chatting with folks from across the globe.

No, I'll check that out. Thanks.

angeliviki2022:

Since I can't track my Vietnamese BLs in MDL, I use IMDB. Just found this there: https://www.imdb.com/list/ls566912948/?ref_=tt_rls_3 for anyone interested in Vietnamese BLs.

Thanks for this list of 10 Viet BLs presented in a convenient MDL-like way, which is nice - but it's very incomplete. The country section of World of BL lists 41 Viet BLs (bottom section of page), which is fewer than South Korea but actually more than Taiwan (31) or Japan (30, although quite a few Japanese BLs are missing here). 

For those who like school BLs, "Stupid Boys Stupid Love" (Vietnam 2021, 4 Youtube episodes) is low budget but quite cute and sweet. There are also the follow-ons "You Are My Stupid Boy" (2022, 3 episodes), "The Star Always Follow You" + "Stormy Honeymoon" (Vietnam 2023, 9 episodes + 1 special), and "Stupid Genius" (Vietnam 2023, 6 episodes).

There's also a really cute and funny Viet BL that's missing from WoBL: "My Goofy Deskmate", which is 18 mini-episodes (in vertical mode, and almost more like vignettes) on Youtube. It's likewise a school BL (i.e. very young) with two BL couples plus a girl character. Although there's not much story, these five characters, and the dynamics between them, are really good and at times quite funny. BL Watcher gives it a "C", which for a vignette-type series is pretty high.

One might surmise that MDL's seven-country scope (Japan, Korea, China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Thailand, Philippines) could have something to do with money and economic clout, but the economies (GDP) of Philippines and Vietnam are quite similar in size - and actually, the average person in Vietnam is slightly better off (GDP per capita 2023: Vietnam USD 4,320 vs.  Philippines USD 3,860).

Anyways, I think there's a pretty good case to add Vietnam to MDL. Hrumph!

p43425:

According to Gagaoolala "Coming soon", Episode 1 will post on 24 December (as "I Became the Main Role of a BL Drama"). I'm really looking forward to this one!

So, I watched the first episode. As with many Japanese BLs, very original story - but more of a silly comedy than I had expected. Too soon for me to give a verdict.

angeliviki2022:
It's also called Muon Nhin Thay Em, which I found out when searching for it.

Yes, It's the Vietnamese name of it (which also means want to see you). 

Thank you for the IMDB list ^^ 

Chun Mo Rionnag:
Yes. Oh My Subber posts to Twitter and the Discord server when they have done the subtitles for the BL episodes for all three of the latest series. The one to which you refer is known as "Idol Kiss" and they feature in two more series, including the latest one

Yes, Idol Kiss. I've seen the Idols in 3 eps (which I think is the most eps for any BL couple from this show). The stepbrothers have 2 eps and the rest just one as far as I know.  I don't really know Oh My Subber, but I'm sure grateful to them for subbing those stories for us =) 

p43425 thanks for the recs of Vietnamese BL series :) 

P.S. Another rather nice Viet BL which is missing from the World of BL list is "The Lost Ring", a 34-minute short on Gagaoolala.

Naughty babe.... I- 4/10

p43425:

P.S. Another rather nice Viet BL which is missing from the World of BL list is "The Lost Ring", a 34-minute short on Gagaoolala.

Speaking of short Viet BLs on Gaga, has anyone here watched Resurrection (Phục Sinh)? I want to watch it, but it looks so depressing. 

Also, what about the full Viet movie they have there "Bridge of Destiny" (Chồng Người Ta)? has anyone seen it and can say if it's good? 

Mitzi Miao:

Speaking of short Viet BLs on Gaga, has anyone here watched Resurrection (Phục Sinh)? I want to watch it, but it looks so depressing. 

Also, what about the full Viet movie they have there "Bridge of Destiny" (Chồng Người Ta)? has anyone seen it and can say if it's good? 

I've not watched either. However, I see that "Bridge of Destiny" is also on Viki with mixed reviews (7.9/10 with 1,295 ratings) and quite a lot of criticism about the story.

p43425:

I've not watched either. However, I see that "Bridge of Destiny" is also on Viki with mixed reviews (7.9/10 with 1,295 ratings) and quite a lot of criticism about the story.

oh interesting, thanks for the info. The rating of it on IMDB is actually quite bad (5.7, but also only 57 ratings). Yet I never know if I can trust those ratings. I've seen movies I disliked with good ratings and movies I liked with bad ratings. Here it's the same, sometimes I'm not sure if I should trust the rating of a series or not.   

hoshthegoat:

Naughty babe.... I- 4/10

I couldn't agree more. I will save the rant though.

p43425:

I have heard about is it worth the watch?