Hey guys :) Let me play catch up real quick:

Least Favourite BL Drama Trope - I don't have one.

Favourite BL Drama Trope - Enemies to lovers (is there any other answer, I think not)

Favourite BL Parent - Kao's dad in Dark Blue Kiss

Favourite Kiss - Pharm and Dean first kiss in Until We Meet Again

BL Drama that was a major let down - Chains of Heart (I hate it)

BL drama that was better than you expected - I Am Your King season 2

Updates:

My fav couple in the series

RiqueXinw:
BL drama that was better than you expected - I Am Your King season 2

I was wondering whether this one is worth the watch - S1 & 2 ...

I hope you're doing well! 

angeliviki2022:

Did anyone watch Deep Night yesterday? I was wondering what was up with Japan now that he started dating his crush.... then we get his NC daydream. Wow, I didn't expect that throuple.

I did! I was sooooo ready for that throuple it was kind of disappointing that it was just a dream because i thought they were going to have a poly relationship but i enjoyed it.

American Fan:
I was wondering whether this one is worth the watch - S1 & 2 ...

I thought that the original "I Am Your King" (2017, iQiyi, 5 episodes) was reasonably good for such a short school BL series, despite a somewhat garbled story, and it was especially interesting to me because four of the actors were in "Love By Chance" the following year (Kla, Nic, Good and Trump). I haven't yet watched "I Am Your King Season 2" (2019, iQiyi, 10 episodes) which has zero overlap in cast (i.e. "season 2" in name only) but some fairly good MDL reviews, despite the bad average MDL rating - so I was interested to hear Rique's comment.

+++

Day 20 Challenge: "Favourite Supporting Character"

Oh boy, this is a tough one because there are so many to choose from. So I will take this as an opportunity to go over my huge list and remember some of my favourite past BLs ...

*pause* OK, I'm back. I'm feeling totally overwhelmed, so I will pick Tane (the cute little 7yo kid) in "Bokura no Shokutaku" (Gaga: "Our Dining Table"), plus the equally delightful follow-on special "Bokura no Kyuujitsu" (Gaga: separately posted "Spin Off"). That's cheating because everyone loves a cute little kid, right? Hmm, except it's not entirely cheating: Maeyama Kuuga is an amazingly good child actor, and the character did really bring the protagonists (Yutaka and Minoru) together, which is exactly what a good supporting character in a BL is supposed to do!

@p43425 : omg I was going to do Tane for today as well, I love that character so much, but I’ll think of someone else for variety sake lmao

axdxex:

@p43425 : omg I was going to do Tane for today as well, I love that character so much, but I’ll think of someone else for variety sake lmao

Great minds think alike.

American Fan:

Do you know how many parts there are? 

I read this morning they have extended it from a two-parter, to a four-part series due to the support they have received.

hoshthegoat:

I watched Double mints and everyone was an ahole and not the fun kind...

True. Bully to lovers doesn't make for a fun kind of film.

Chun Mo Rionnag:

True. Bully to lovers doesn't make for a fun kind of film.

For me it wasn't the bully/victim to lovers that was the problem, it was the fact that even though everyone seemed to be red flags (which I'd usually love) I was bored...

Plus the utter disrespect to peaches I witnessed.

ANNIE NU:
ABOUT THIS ATP I AM FED UP OF EVEN EXPLAINING 

THE REASON SOMEONE BECOMES LIKE THAT IS FOR ATTENTION AND LOVE NEEDED.IT IS NOT INTENTIONAL THEY JUST END UP LIKE THAT 

I get that but I just couldn't help cringing at the overacting 

ANNIE NU:
THEY DID HAVE ONE BUT WAS SORT OF A ..........MEHHH

Oh really? Which one?

Day 20 of April Challenge: Favourite supporting character

Ofc, there r so many amazing supporting characters but this one wasn't too hard for me to choose

I choose Typhoon from Star in My Mind 

He's handsome, sweet, caring and SUCH a green flag

I love him so much, srsly

He didn't hate on Kluen or Dao like we usually see in dramas, even after everything that happened, and that really stood out to me 

OnyxTheHedgehog:
Day 20 of April Challenge: Favourite supporting character

Since I recently finished my re-watch of Star and Sky: Star in My Mind, I was also going to choose a character from that drama. But I choose Sean who read the room so well, I felt like he was the only sane one at times, and the only one not falling for Nuea. Maybe that's why he kept his cool while others were losing it.

Did anyone watch the sequel Star and Sky: Sky in Your Heart? Worth the watch? 

angeliviki2022:
Did anyone watch the sequel Star and Sky: Sky in Your Heart? Worth the watch? 

Yes! Although I don't love it quite as much as "Star in My Mind", it's still definitely enjoyable. The story isn't quite as engaging (I like how the backstory in "Star" is gradually unfolded), but what I especially like in "Sky" is that most of it takes place in a humble mountain village, so it has a certain non-Bangkokian authenticity. Needless to say, Dunk and Joong are hard to match - although they do have minor roles in "Sky" to satisfy the hungry army of Dunk/Joong fans.

p43425:
I thought that the original "I Am Your King" (2017, iQiyi, 5 episodes) was reasonably good for such a short school BL series, despite a somewhat garbled story, and it was especially interesting to me because four of the actors were in "Love By Chance" the following year (Kla, Nic, Good and Trump).

Ok, I'll move it up on my list! 

Chun Mo Rionnag:

I read this morning they have extended it from a two-parter, to a four-part series due to the support they have received.

Thanks. I'll watch for them.

Like other's have said there are lots of great supporting characters. I'll have to think about this one.  It's a slow snowy and cold day here, so lots of down time for drama watching!