axdxex:

I have a growing list of drama's that I know are going to make me cry-- therefore I'm putting them off, and this is on it lmao

Last Twilight, Cupids Last Wish, Moonlight Chicken, and Unknown are on there too

Like I want to watch them so bad because I know they are super good, but I'm not readyyy

Are you worried they have a sad ending or just that the story has sad parts to it? I don't want to spoil anything but two of the titles you mention may have a sad theme,  but they also have plenty of moments of joy and happiness with positive and good endings.

I love it when difficult stories or issues turn into something warm and special by the end. As long as they aren't too dark or traumatizing, and I don't believe any of the above dramas are like that. 

axdxex:
I'm such a crier when it comes to emotional dramas ;; I'm scared

Don't be overly scared. "Moonlight Chicken" has some heavy moments, but it's basically satisfying and uplifting.

American Fan:

Are you worried they have a sad ending or just that the story has sad parts to it? I don't want to spoil anything but two of the titles you mention may have a sad theme,  but they also have plenty of moments of joy and happiness with positive and good endings.

I love it when difficult stories or issues turn into something warm and special by the end. As long as they aren't too dark or traumatizing, and I don't believe any of the above dramas are like that. 

I always put off dramas I know are going to make me cry, but I end up liking them a lot when I do watch them. IDK I think it just makes me anxious to know the characters will suffer, if that makes any sense ???

axdxex:

I always put off dramas I know are going to make me cry, but I end up liking them a lot when I do watch them. IDK I think it just makes me anxious to know the characters will suffer, if that makes any sense ???

I know exactly what you mean.   :-)   

I almost always need to know if the ending is positive or happy before I can start a sad drama. If I know ahead then I'm usually less anxious.  I go through the comments section of a drama page looking for spoilers, haha. If it's a bad or sad end then I'm not at all likely to watch it. 

Total wimp, but it works for me! 

Update:

Just watched the trailer and I am intrigued

American Fan:
If it's a bad or sad end then I'm not at all likely to watch it. 

I've been thinking about what you wrote. Yeah, you and I both like fluffy feel-good stuff, and I like to say, "One of the things I like about BLs is that they tend to come with a Happy Ending Guarantee". 

But on reflection, there are (on an exceptional basis) some BLs with sad or bittersweet endings that I liked or even loved and have absolutely no regrets about watching. Three winners that jump to mind are "The Best Story" and "Choco Milk Shake" (ambiguously sad endings) as well as "My Bromance" (unambiguously really sad and tragic ending). In fact, my main criticism of "My Bromance" is the poor attempt to resurrect from the sad ending with the "Five Years Later" sequel; it was so inadequate that I would have preferred to be left with the horribly sad ending.

So anyways, yeah. Fluff is good, but one does not live on fluff alone.

P.S. Three more memorable, mention-worthy, high-quality BLs with sad or bittersweet endings that I liked, even if I didn't necessarily love them: "Eien no Kinou", "Once Again", and "Kissable Lips".

I bet none of you have heard of or seen this Korean movie called A FROZEN FLOWER from 2008. It is about a king who is bisexual but mainly gay who had his general? as his lover. When he needed to produce an heir he asked his lover to sleep with the queen but then the lover and queen fell in love and he went crazy with jealousy. The movie is very explicit and very steamy.  Here's the link A Dangerous Love Triangle Begins to Form | ft. Song Ji-Hyo, Jo In-sung | A Frozen Flower (youtube.com) 

Haven't been able to finish One Room Angel in the past 2 days since I wanted to catch up to 23.5. Even so, my plan to watch list is huge and I kind of hate it now. There's no way I can complete these many shows, especially if they're straight series and especially if they're K-dramas.

Does anyone know an effective way to decide on what I should watch next? I mean, I have so many series in my currently watching and on-hold lists so maybe I should start with those? But I feel no pull towards most of them. :( My ptw list is basically a lot of BL and GL titles, along with a bunch of thrillers and straight series, Chinese bromances and that's about it.

If not for "an effective way to watch series", then do you have any recs for me? That are in my currently watching, on-hold or ptw lists, in this order. I'm trying to clear them up as much as possible but completing one title makes me place 5 more in my ptw. :/ Like, what should I watch first? Except for One Room Angel, 23.5 and Nana movie, I have no priority to my lists and it bothers me.

Newbie2023:

I bet none of you have heard of or seen this Korean movie called A FROZEN FLOWER from 2008. It is about a king who is bisexual but mainly gay who had his general? as his lover. When he needed to produce an heir he asked his lover to sleep with the queen but then the lover and queen fell in love and he went crazy with jealousy. The movie is very explicit and very steamy.  Here's the link A Dangerous Love Triangle Begins to Form | ft. Song Ji-Hyo, Jo In-sung | A Frozen Flower (youtube.com) 

Thank you for telling us about it! This movie sounds very good, I added it to my never ending ptw list ^^

p43425:
But on reflection, there are (on an exceptional basis) some BLs with sad or bittersweet endings that I liked or even loved and have absolutely no regrets about watching.

I agree! There have been exceptions for me, not knowing from the start but the endings were either open or sad/bittersweet. It doesn't make me like them any less. Choco Milk Shake is one for me too  :-) There are others, but I'll have to wait for another time. 

Actually I don't need only fluff. As I mentioned I also don't mind some angst & struggles, but yeah, happy endings rule for me!! haha

Going out into the world now. I'm sure I will have time to check in here over the next week, even if I can't enjoy any BLs for now. 

Emma:
Does anyone know an effective way to decide on what I should watch next? I mean, I have so many series in my currently watching and on-hold lists so maybe I should start with those? But I feel no pull towards most of them.

Your PTW list is indeed impressively (*cough* insanely *cough*) huge. I see some excellent BL titles there, e.g. at a glance Thailand: "Until We Meet Again", "My School President", "Moonlight Chicken", "I Feel You Linger In The Air",  Taiwan: "About Youth", Korea: "Shoulder To Cry On", "Blueming", "First Love Again", "Eighth Sense", "To My Star", China: "Stay With Me", Japan: "Takara-kun to Amagi-kun", "Perfect Propose" and many more).

But I don't know your tastes and preferences, or what you're in the mood for right now, so it's hard for me to give specific recommendations. I also don't know if you have any subscriptions (especially Viki, Gaga, iQiyi). 

I see that you gave 10 stars to "I Told Sunset About You", so you might especially enjoy the sequel "I Promised You the Moon" (in which case I would recommend first watching the special bridging episode "Last Twilight in Phuket").

Beyond that, here's my general advice:
(1) Sort your PTW list by "Score" (average MDL rating), look through the top-rated titles (or at least > 8), and see what grabs your mood right now.
(2) If it's a BL that you're in the mood for, read back in this forum to see what other people have been talking about (which, of course, tends to be current and recent releases).
(3) Use the "Priority" field in your PTW list to remember the ones that are more or less interesting to you. (This was great advice that someone gave me a while back. I just regret I didn't start doing this earlier.)

p43425:
But I don't know your tastes and preferences, or what you're in the mood for right now, so it's hard for me to give specific recommendations.

Thank you for your recs, I will start with these. I am more into JBLs right now so I think I will go with these and then Stay With Me (China) because I heard so many good things about it. Then go for the ITSAY sequel. That one has been on my ptw for a long time so I should watch it sooner rather than later.

That method of working with my ptw list is interesting. I will make sure to use the Priority feature of my ptw more often. Technically what I know is that BL and GL take priority over straight series and that right now I prefer Japanese > Thai > Chinese > Korean, in this order. A lot of the series on my ptw are low priority, but I also like to use random.org and input the number of entries I have on my ptw. Then go to the entry with the number I get and watch that, if it piques my interest momentarily. That's what I did with One Room Angel and Nana and I don't regret it.

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough reply. ^^

Emma:
I am more into JBLs right now so I think I will go with these

I also have a special love of JBLs and Japan in general. Since you said this, I will mention a few more titles on your PTW list: "Bokura no Shokutaku" and "Shigatsu no Tokyo wa..." - and if you like school BLs, also "Kimi no Koto Dake Mite Itai" and "His - Koisuru Tsumori Nante Nakatta". "Ameiro Paradox" was also quite good, albeit less so as a love story. "Eien no Kinou" is very well done, but a bit strange/morbid. Finally, "BL Drama no Shuen ni Narimashita" (either version) is delightful fluff and just three episodes, so quick to knock off. Opinions are divided about "Minato Shouji Coin Laundry" (two seasons, not anywhere on your list), but I am among those who love it.

By the way, Gagaoolala is particularly good for JBLs (which is ironic because it's Taiwanese, while Viki is Japanese).

Newbie2023:

I bet none of you have heard of or seen this Korean movie called A FROZEN FLOWER from 2008. It is about a king who is bisexual but mainly gay who had his general? as his lover. When he needed to produce an heir he asked his lover to sleep with the queen but then the lover and queen fell in love and he went crazy with jealousy. The movie is very explicit and very steamy.  Here's the link A Dangerous Love Triangle Begins to Form | ft. Song Ji-Hyo, Jo In-sung | A Frozen Flower (youtube.com) 

I watched this in high school lmao

p43425:
By the way, Gagaoolala is particularly good for JBLs (which is ironic because it's Taiwanese, while Viki is Japanese).

Yeah, I have a Gagaoolala sub and I am watching 25 ji, Akasaka de and Kare no Iru Seikatsu on there, among others. I think I will watch Love Stage!! movie before it leaves Gagaoolala soon. Thank you for the recs! I will check them all eventually. 

Also, I haven't added Minato Shouji Coin Laundry to my ptw list because it's in my Not Interested list due to the huge age gap. If one of them wasn't a minor at the beginning, I might have considered watching it but as it is, the series is trash.