American Fan:
*Sigh* 

Wandee Goodday EP 9 

As a long-time fan of Aof's series, I share your struggle. This drama should have been condensed to eight to ten episodes to maintain its engaging storyline without feeling stretched. The addition of unnecessary plot points, particularly those involving characters pressuring someone unwilling, seems unnecessary and contradicts the atmosphere the series is portraying, which is that of a lighthearted and comedic atmosphere with minimal tension. 

Wande should award the scholarship to Dr. Ter and be done with the situation. Both are competing for a valuable opportunity to advance in their careers, but Wande seems to be doing well at the hospital. The current circumstances show a need for more focus and passion on both their parts, and it's frustrating. If I were in a higher position at this hospital, I would offer the opportunity to a different candidate, such as the female doctor Ter mistreated in episode eight.

The series' current trajectory is cause for concern. Take the scene where Yak punches Ter (08:12), for instance. The absence of a sound effect undermined the seriousness of the moment, almost making it seem comical. Instead of evoking the intended intense reaction, the impact fell flat.

When Wande finally expressed his appreciation and contentment in a relationship with Yak, I wanted to be happy for them. However, I couldn't shake the feeling that Wande should have acknowledged these emotions much earlier.  Wande and Yak's relationship is troubling. Wande's decision to let Ter into his apartment to avoid tension at work seems disingenuous, especially considering Wande's contribution to the tense atmosphere. This kind of character inconsistency is disappointing. 

This has left Yak feeling hurt and unappreciated despite his loyalty, empathy, encouragement, and dependability. I wonder whether Wande is the right partner for Yak. From the beginning of their partnership, Wande didn't consider how their fake dating might affect Yak's professional boxing career, showing a lack of consideration. As their relationship has evolved from friends with benefits to boyfriends, it's clear that Wande has not been treating Yak right from the start. 

I'm trying to decide whether I want to keep watching the series. Even though only three episodes remain, I should stick with it to determine how it concludes. I've already invested so much time, so I should finish it. Plus, I genuinely love Yak and Plakao. ( I'm disappointed he hasn't received more screen time. His appearances have been limited, and he's a fascinating character who could have been given more opportunities for character development. )

The fourth wall breaking in this episode...

Taem: "Even the leads in series these days are smart."  Well, everyone but Wandee

Wandee: " Yak is a huge green flag for me."  It is about time he realizes this. If he can't appreciate Yak, I'll gladly take him!

American Fan:

Keeps things interesting :-)

Of course hahaha

Simi_Tutu:

I've been having a lot of trouble getting  into the show. I really want to like it, but there's something about it that just feels off to me. It's like they're trying to mix in some elements from 'My School President,' and it's just not what I expected for the remake of 'My Love Mix Up.' Then again, I wonder if I might be biased because 'Kieta Hatsukoi' was my first BL; it holds a prominent place in my heart.

Michieda Shunsuke gives me all the feels. Have you seen any of his other dramas?  The number of times I have seen "My Second Aoharu" since it aired is unhealthy, but I will die on this fanship.

I haven’t but I’ll check it out if I have chance.

Simi_Tutu:
The absence of a sound effect undermined the seriousness of the moment, almost making it seem comical. Instead of evoking the intended intense reaction, the impact fell flat.

There's that too.

Simi_Tutu:
The fourth wall breaking in this episode...

I'm not usually a fan of "wall-breaking". 

On to LOVE SEA today!! Yay!!

The Trainee with OffGun started today. I'm going to see what others have to say before jumping in.

American Fan:

The Trainee with OffGun started today. I'm going to see what others have to say before jumping in.

If I'm completely honest I'm not much into OffGun but I'll give it a try for Sea and View ?

Have you guys seen that GMMTV actors are going to be in Rome this year and the next? Some in August 2024, some in January 2025.

Update:

Source: X (Twitter)

You can check iQIYI social media accounts for the trailer!!

Twitter link - https://x.com/iQIYI/status/1807266285887393806

BL Drama Lovers Club, what is your honest opinion of Ok Taec Yeon being in Japanese BL "Soulmate"? 

babi:
f I'm completely honest I'm not much into OffGun but I'll give it a try for Sea and View ?

No worries! I like them but I didn't care for their last series (CC) and this one seems a bit ho hum for me. Also the humor isn't my style. But if it's winning fans over then I'll give it a go. As I always say, I can drop it without hesitation if it doesn't work out!

I'm excited for Meet You At The Blossom!

Gabster:

BL Drama Lovers Club, what is your honest opinion of Ok Taec Yeon being in Japanese BL "Soulmate"? 

Hi Gabster! I've seen you on the news page for this topic. My opinion - "Heck yeah!"

Taecyeon is an excellent actor (and rapper/singer) and has done a wide range of roles, of which he did very well. I'm in full support of his decision. As he says himself:

"There are a lot of genres and characters that I haven't tried yet and I wanted to expand my spectrum..."

What is your honest opinion?  :-)

I checked out the trailer for Meet You At The Blossom and I don't think I'll be able to wait on this one. All my favorite things are in one drama!! Historical long haired men in robes + action + BL = Heaven!!

It just needs a HEA to make it perfect!

Okaaaay The Trainee EP 1

I admit idk how to highlight the best parts like you all always do so I hope this is okay 

• Office romance is not my thing but this one seems interesting
  • Why why WHY Off Jumpol's characters are always mean? I mean I know having to work with an intern is stressing, I'm an intern myself a nurse intern which isn't the same but anyways but they're learning :( i know he was trying to teach them being responsible for their work and to submit their assignments on time but I felt bad, they worked really hard :(
  • Gun's character (I'm sorry is always hard for me to remember names) was okay but he didn't talk much at the end when he confronted Off about their work became more interesting for me
  • Like I said I gave it a try because of Sea Tawinan and his character Tae (the only one I can remember the name not being biased, at all) is sooo sweet, it's pretty much like his personality so I liked it. First time seeing him acting with a girl as his love interest, it was interesting ? 
  • The only thing I can complain is the editing. Idk why but GMMTV is giving all their new series this high really high saturated cinematography and it looks so weird, I can't get used to it. Everything was too bight.
  • The series seems to be a rivals to lovers kind of thing
  • This episode was interesting enough for me to look forward to this series

June BL Challenge

Day 28 I love who you are... favorite trans character in a BL 

Daisy from Secret Crush on You

✨Day 29 We stan... your favorite bi character from a  BL

Jang Jae Young from Semantic Error

Day 30 I felt that too... a kiss scene that made you tingle 

The make out session on the couch between Hao Ting and Xi Gu from History 3 Make our Days Count

Emrys:
GMMTV actors are going to be in Rome this year

Are they filming a series or hosting a fan meet and greet?

American Fan:
I'm not usually a fan of "wall-breaking"

I enjoy it when it's done properly, but the ones in Wandee Goodday don't match the tone of the scene they're in.

thanks for posting meowRM, I forgot about the challenge ?

Day 29: We stan... your favorite bi character from a  BL

Mhok from Last Twilight (if I have the chance to name any character from LT I will)

Day 30: I felt that too... a kiss scene that made you tingle

That bed kiss scene from Never Let Me Go when Nuengdiao asks Palm to kiss him again (all I could think was someone please feed Pond that man was HUNGRY)